Harry Hood passed away

The Game from 1970 is a European Cup game, against Finnish Champions Kokkola, Celtic 9 Kokkola 0, on Wed 16 Sep 1970, Scorers, Hood (3), Hughes, McNeill, Johnstone, Wilson (2), Davidson.

The other game is a Scottish Cup Final Replay ( before games went to penalties) on Wed 12 May 1971.
Celtic 2 Rangers 1
Scorers Celtic, Macari, Hood (pen), Rangers- Craig (o.g.)
Rich
Remember that game, was young at the time and thought they were called cocoa cola, we slaughtered them as we did with most teams of their ilk:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I was born in 1970 and while I was conscious about Our Team from a young age, I wasn't really conscious of the players, as individuals, until I was 9 or 10 and began to have my own favourites.

The Lions are indelibly printed on the mind of all Celtic fans, but for me personally, there were a whole raft of genuinely class players who flew beneath/above my radar during that period.

The great thing about this platform is that some of our more mature fans will never let us forget about these Celtic men and will continue to educate us and inform us about their characteristics and achievements.

For me, Harry Hood is one of those players and it is with great sadness that I take this news and hope that he is now painless and at peace.

It is especially sad coming so close on the back of the loss of two giants of the Club, but I'm sure that our senior members will ensure he is treated with the reverence and respect he is due.

RIP Harry PBWY
Very eloquently put SP??
I was born in 73 , too young to remember the clubs heyday. Of course like you said these guys are giants of the club, and I'm sure they'd have seen the current crop produce domestically a level as close as ever to the side of the 60/70s. I've said before on here it ilks me somewhat that I came along after those days but still, my earliest memory of Celtic (meaning my Celtic, supporting for myself) the 1980 cup final I was 7 but I remember that it was on the telly live, can't even remember if it was colour or black and white but it was a big heavy duty box with 3 or 4 press in buttons on front (no remote control those days) we were all sat around it and when the goal went in my da jumped up "YEEAAHHHHSSS" and he poked me in the eye with his finger. I was in agony , half blind , tears and snotters. My first game was a 2-1 CP defeat to st mirren. A cold wet day at a half full stadium. My brother lifted me over by the boys gate at the Celtic end , we walked around the terrace through the jungle into the rangers end which was less busy. I might be wrong but I'm sure that I got to see Bobby Lennox play although I can't confirm It, Peter latchford, Tom mcadam(brother played for rangers) sneddon, ceaser tommy burns McGarvey (Who I still believe to be amongst the most lethal strikers we've ever had. CP was crumbling back then , the steps at the rangers end an accident waiting to happen. Sorry for the rant you just stirred some grey matter with your post, the part about other players under/over the radar. Jimmy Doyle. Many great players, that was building into something , you could sense it at the time. The bottle v rapid Vienna I still think that wouldve been our name on the trophy that season.We were that good

Last edited:
Back