Harry Kewell

Welcome sport! Hope you're as good off the ball as you were on it!

Also, great move by Ange to put big Mick in with the b team...from what I've seen over the last year is that the big man looks like he is the most engaged of Anges back room team
Think you would expect kewell to be used as an attacking coach and bring a better all round knowledge around set plays imo.
Gave a lot of credit to Stephen mac with us being far better in defence last season especially from set plays, but maybe the credit should be going to JK, as only see him as a possible defensive coach these days, but still unsure what role JK actually does play within the coaching set up these days, and think that he may well be for the off this season when a managerial position becomes available imo.

How many Harry Kewell threads do we need?
😆
Oh we're missing the fitba arn't we.
Would look at it more as a shake up in the coaching department that many have been calling for years now.
What kewell will bring to the party reminds unknown still but certainly a role for him within the current coaching set up imo.
Think Steven mac might well be used now to develop liewel and Murray to get them potentially ready for hopefully the season after next as a thought

I dont care what anyone says I think Steve McManus has been move sideways to accommodate Kewell.
Lets face it, if your working with the 1st team and are then moved to the B-squad its a demotion.
Fair play to SMc for accepting it he must just love being at Celtic in any capacity.
We will have to wait and see what HK brings to the table.

I dont care what anyone says I think Steve McManus has been move sideways to accommodate Kewell.
Lets face it, if your working with the 1st team and are then moved to the B-squad its a demotion.
Fair play to SMc for accepting it he must just love being at Celtic in any capacity.
Would like to think its more about getting liewel and Murray up to a standard where they can become serious candidates for positions within the 1st team squad for maybe the season after next.
If that is the thinking behind the decision, would make perfect sense imo and one that stands for us to benefit hugely from in the future imo.

McManus only joined us in January 2019 as Under-18s coach but was hastily moved into helping out the first team just a few weeks later after Rodgers fecked off with practically all of the coaching staff, but I suspect his strength lies with coaching youngsters as he was very highly thought of at Motherwell. So I think he will be Ok with this move for the time-being. I have no doubt that he will want to step up in the future and that will be his long-term aim.

Fair play to the big fella though for agreeing to this as many would not, but he probably sees it as an excellent long-term opportunity.

McManus only joined us in January 2019 as Under-18s coach but was hastily moved into helping out the first team just a few weeks later after Rodgers fecked off with practically all of the coaching staff, but I suspect his strength lies with coaching youngsters as he was very highly thought of at Motherwell. So I think he will be Ok with this move for the time-being. I have no doubt that he will want to step up in the future and that will be his long-term aim.

Fair play to the big fella though for agreeing to this as many would not, but he probably sees it as an excellent long-term opportunity.
Well there's the 'if its not broke don't fix it' and the 'if you stand still your going backwards' schools.
In his winning speech at Parkhead Ange was full of praise for his staff, then he goes and shifts one of them, I'm a bit puzzled by this appointment. We will have to trust Ange on this one, and lets face it, he's been right all along so far.

Well there's the 'if its not broke don't fix it' and the 'if you stand still your going backwards' schools.
In his winning speech at Parkhead Ange was full of praise for his staff, then he goes and shifts one of them, I'm a bit puzzled by this appointment. We will have to trust Ange on this one, and lets face it, he's been right all along so far.
We still have to address the gap between lowland league and 1st team as only loan moves available as such at the moment to help development as such at the moment.
If Steve mac is going to help close that current gap then I'll be all for it, but only time will give us the answer still brim

We still have to address the gap between lowland league and 1st team as only loan moves available as such at the moment to help development as such at the moment.
If Steve mac is going to help close that current gap then I'll be all for it, but only time will give us the answer still brim
Tommy McIntyre was the B-Team Manager, dunno if he's still there, either way, theres been some rearranging to accommodate HK.

Tommy McIntyre was the B-Team Manager, dunno if he's still there, either way, theres been some rearranging to accommodate HK.
Very true and glad to actually see some development within the coaching set up as such, as it's been an area within the club that seems to have sat idle for to long with such a lack of game time on offer for the younger players as such.
Everything was such a rush and panic last season that it didn't give much time if any to get the lowland league team set up into a proper structure as such, and hope that Steve mac will improve that structure in time also

Some can view it as a step sideways, backwards or a demotion....but it all depends on Ange and the Celtic boards plans. If we are building an Ajax, RB Leipzig sort of conveyor belt system of superstar youngsters then McManus could turn out to be one of the most important coaches at Celtic. There has been a lot of chat about developing our own talented players, rather than searching the globe. The way Ange spoke about how he expects the development squad to feed directly into the first team means that the days of going looking for the abadas, kyogos and Jotas of the world could be a thing of the past. McManus has spent a season with Ange. He now knows what sort of players our manager wants. He can take that knowledge to our development squad and start implementing our mangers plans.

Some can view it as a step sideways, backwards or a demotion....but it all depends on Ange and the Celtic boards plans. If we are building an Ajax, RB Leipzig sort of conveyor belt system of superstar youngsters then McManus could turn out to be one of the most important coaches at Celtic. There has been a lot of chat about developing our own talented players, rather than searching the globe. The way Ange spoke about how he expects the development squad to feed directly into the first team means that the days of going looking for the abadas, kyogos and Jotas of the world could be a thing of the past. McManus has spent a season with Ange. He now knows what sort of players our manager wants. He can take that knowledge to our development squad and start implementing our mangers plans.
But what about Kewell?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back