Has Jota put money before his football progress

Danny Bhoy

Like most footballers their ultimate goal is to represent their country. I cannot see Portugal taking much interest in him playing in that backwater of a league.. If he had waited.. another year and progressed,maybe one of the top European team s might have come in for him. I think he will regret this move.

I'm pretty sure he will regret it, no one can predict the future, he's still young enough to move on in a couple of years but will he be as sharp as we've made him? He was being overlooked before he came to us, will the hunger leave him with all that money in the bank? Some, like the Messi's and Ronaldo's can still perform no matter how much money you throw at them, but they are a rare breed.
Time will tell, I dont think it will do his International hopes much good either.

WhatsApp-Image-2022-01-16-at-11.29.53-PM-6.jpeg

Don't see him having a problem at international level same as it won't affect Neves more big names and bigger signings that go to Saudi the more impact it'll make on the international scene put it this way there's not much uproar about it going ahead

Who wouldn't want to play amongst some of the best players in the game and make a fortune doing it

Don't see him having a problem at international level same as it won't affect Neves more big names and bigger signings that go to Saudi the more impact it'll make on the international scene put it this way there's not much uproar about it going ahead

Who wouldn't want to play amongst some of the best players in the game and make a fortune doing it
Nothing much to disagree with there, kelly. Cannae really hide my disappointment with Ange, but don't really have that same level of annoyance with Jota.

I guess there's always a political debate about playing in Saudi, but I doubt that that's a pressing issue with a young man who is being offered riches beyond his wildest dreams.

Just to add to that point about the affect of all this oil money hitting the football scene, surely no one is neglecting the notion that when all those 'superclubs' are sitting round the table discussing how to best appropriate the wealth to fit into their already bulging pockets with the next incarnation of a Super League - that it isn't going to feature a distinctly middle-eastern flavour in the next round of negotiations?

Jota and his representatives might have actually seen that curve in the road, so I doubt it would negate his international prospects too much, but even if it did - I doubt he'd lose much sleep worrying about it.

Nothing much to disagree with there, kelly. Cannae really hide my disappointment with Ange, but don't really have that same level of annoyance with Jota.

I guess there's always a political debate about playing in Saudi, but I doubt that that's a pressing issue with a young man who is being offered riches beyond his wildest dreams.

Just to add to that point about the affect of all this oil money hitting the football scene, surely no one is neglecting the notion that when all those 'superclubs' are sitting round the table discussing how to best appropriate the wealth to fit into their already bulging pockets with the next incarnation of a Super League - that it isn't going to feature a distinctly middle-eastern flavour in the next round of negotiations?

Jota and his representatives might have actually seen that curve in the road, so I doubt it would negate his international prospects too much, but even if it did - I doubt he'd lose much sleep worrying about it.
Money talks! Won't be long before the oil money dictates a major shake up! Wouldn't be at all surprised if the oil men redesign a Champions league 2.0. One things for sure down south will be taking notice!!

I’m surprised already rich people are choosing more money over Champions League Group Stages, allegedly the top level of club football.
Yes, the European Champions League is currently the top level of club football, but Jota will still be playing in the Asian Champions League. Thus includes the best sides from Japan, Korea, Australia, Gulf States, etc and is probably nearly on a par with the Europa League.

His club have won it twice before and with Benzema and Kante will be hoping to compete strongly this season. If he stayed with us and we performed brilliantly then he might have finished 3rd in the group and dropped to the Europa League, whereas there he has a serious chance of becoming continental champions in an up and coming region.

I don't think it is such a step down as many on here think. He will be playing for one of Portugal's highest profile managers and in the same league as their greatest ever legend, so will probably get even more publicity in his homeland than he did playing in Scotland.

Yes, the European Champions League is currently the top level of club football, but Jota will still be playing in the Asian Champions League. Thus includes the best sides from Japan, Korea, Australia, Gulf States, etc and is probably nearly on a par with the Europa League.

His club have won it twice before and with Benzema and Kante will be hoping to compete strongly this season. If he stayed with us and we performed brilliantly then he might have finished 3rd in the group and dropped to the Europa League, whereas there he has a serious chance of becoming continental champions in an up and coming region.

I don't think it is such a step down as many on here think. He will be playing for one of Portugal's highest profile managers and in the same league as their greatest ever legend, so will probably get even more publicity in his homeland than he did playing in Scotland.
The game has changed, BB......the continental supremacy of Europe and South America might last another decade or so, but once the petrodollars have a platform, then how long before the huge fan bases in Egypt, Morocco and Nigeria start garnering some interest from the traditionally Islamic nations?

The one constant factor is the clubs like Celtic who (however others want to describe it) aren't governed by religion, politics or creed, but by a legacy of at least 'trying to do the right thing'.

Hasn't always been successful, but at least we built our story on our own foundations and without the intrusion of some benefactor trying to raise their profile (that's if you exclude the Kellys, Whites, McCanns, Lawwells and Dermot Desmond Dekkers of this world).

In keeping with Pride (in the name of love) month......We Are What We Are!!!

I think you are 110% correct Bridie Bhoy this is not a step down for Jota it is a step up for Middle Eastern football,we just need to look at the skills they have invested in,,Jota,Ronaldo, Kante, Benzema etc,sure most of them are coming to the end of their great careers but they still have what it takes to entertain.
As far as I can see Jota has won the proverbial gold diamond crusted Rolex and just how many of them can he win by the end of his contract,he is now working in a country where success is heavily rewarded,, he is working for a fantastic manager with a personality not even Saudi money could buy.
We are asking ourselves,has Jota done this for all the right reasons,well we know of one person who thinks he has done this for all the right reasons and that is the man himself..
Imagine the boy was married and he went home one day and told his wife I had the opportunity to earn almost £200,000 per week in Saudi Arabia but I know you are happy in Glasgow so I decided to stay and get paid the same £35,000 per week I have been earning,,you could only tell this to a woman who is known for her humour..

HH

I think you are 110% correct Bridie Bhoy this is not a step down for Jota it is a step up for Middle Eastern football,we just need to look at the skills they have invested in,,Jota,Ronaldo, Kante, Benzema etc,sure most of them are coming to the end of their great careers but they still have what it takes to entertain.
As far as I can see Jota has won the proverbial gold diamond crusted Rolex and just how many of them can he win by the end of his contract,he is now working in a country where success is heavily rewarded,, he is working for a fantastic manager with a personality not even Saudi money could buy.
We are asking ourselves,has Jota done this for all the right reasons,well we know of one person who thinks he has done this for all the right reasons and that is the man himself..
Imagine the boy was married and he went home one day and told his wife I had the opportunity to earn almost £200,000 per week in Saudi Arabia but I know you are happy in Glasgow so I decided to stay and get paid the same £35,000 per week I have been earning,,you could only tell this to a woman who is known for her humour..

HH
I was swithering on 'laughing' or 'loving', but the last few lines sealed the deal.

Then again though, sprig........she has to mind what she's coming hame too (that alone is reward enough for the blessed lassies that betrothed themselves to Tims).

The mini huns have cut our allocation to 650,
Must have been a late memo from the cesspit.
When will these people learn they NEED Celtic.

HH
Hearts have cut every team's allocation as they have sold so many season tickets (except Hibs - because they appreciate the importance of away fans in creating an atmosphere in a derby match). I guess this a sign that Scottish fitba is on the up and not as appalling as so many experts keep telling us!

I still dinnae like them though!

Hearts have cut every team's allocation as they have sold so many season tickets (except Hibs - because they appreciate the importance of away fans in creating an atmosphere in a derby match). I guess this a sign that Scottish fitba is on the up and not as appalling as so many experts keep telling us!

I'm not an accountant (though I've often been called a cunt ant a bastart ant an arsehole etc)

I'm not quite sure I see the fiscal logic in clubs depriving themselves of a significant amount of dough just to send a 'fuck you' to the club they are most dependent on?

Do they really think that international broadcasting rights in Asia are solely reliant upon how the jambos and the cabbage are doing?

When the top teams in the league can sell out or sell significant enough season books to make it difficult for fans to get tickets for games there's no excuse for teams continuing with the Sky Sports / EPL blackout for live games shown in Ireland and the UK. Teams should have full broadcast rights for their own games. Teams would earn much more this way than whatever their current share of TV money is and there could be a 'tax' levied against the highest earners to replace TV money (if any) which goes to supporting smaller clubs. The SFA's share of the TV money could be replaced in a similar manner if properly audited.

Money talks! Won't be long before the oil money dictates a major shake up! Wouldn't be at all surprised if the oil men redesign a Champions league 2.0. One things for sure down south will be taking notice!!
Wonder which rich arab went out and bought Sheffield utd

When the top teams in the league can sell out or sell significant enough season books to make it difficult for fans to get tickets for games there's no excuse for teams continuing with the Sky Sports / EPL blackout for live games shown in Ireland and the UK. Teams should have full broadcast rights for their own games. Teams would earn much more this way than whatever their current share of TV money is and there could be a 'tax' levied against the highest earners to replace TV money (if any) which goes to supporting smaller clubs. The SFA's share of the TV money could be replaced in a similar manner if properly audited.
The thing is every team has there hand out wanting money think it's 42 clubs in total ,when in reality it should be kept in the top division

Have a feeling footballs about to take a seismic shift within the next 5 yrs

Members online

Back