Hibs v Champs, Wed 7-Feb-24 at 8pm MIB=N.Walsh, VAR=Dallas

Bridie Bhoy

After an underwhelming few days, it is time for our next challenge - a visit to Easter Road. Hibs are fresh off a 3-0 gubbing at home by St Mirren so will be desperate to improve as well.

We need to work harder, play smarter and choose more effective tactics & better substitutions. If we do that, make more chances and be less wasteful then we will be comfortable - fail to do these then we will struggle.

Hart
AJ Nawrocki. Scales Frame
Kühn CalMac Bernardo
O'Riley
Idah Kyogo
Mon the Hoops 🍀

After an underwhelming few days, it is time for our next challenge - a visit to Easter Road. Hibs are fresh off a 3-0 gubbing at home by St Mirren so will be desperate to improve as well.

We need to work harder, play smarter and choose more effective tactics & better substitutions. If we do that, make more chances and be less wasteful then we will be comfortable - fail to do these then we will struggle.

Hart
Kühn CalMac Bernardo
O'Riley
Idah Kyogo
Mon the Hoops 🍀
Not a chance Bridie. He will start with two wide men. Abada and Kuhn with Kyogo. And probably Ralston at LB.
I don't have any faith in his ability to adapt. So expect more of the same. Tippy, tappy and horseshoe'd to death.

Last edited:
We go in with no confidence and are vulnerable to any team home or away.
Start with two up front as you say BB.
I actually liked the look of the physicality the big lad showed at Pittodrie ...kyogo no where near it this season so maybe this lad can help him.

Johnston O'Riley and yes Calmac need to perform and stop their own personal slump on recent form.

Kuhn gets the nod ahead of Palma as well.
If Brendan goes with the same old then expect no improvement ...nothing less than 3 points will do. However the way things are going I won't be surprised in the slightest if we are unable to achieve that.

It’s Rodgers so it’ll be the same old formation, maybe a couple of different faces, but definitely the same old monotonous horseshoe of doom. Maeda back from Asia Cup so hopefully he’s ok for the bench

Hart
AJ Welsh Nawrocki Scales
Holm McGregor
Kuhn O’Riley Idah
Kyogo

Subs Bain Ralston Lagerbielke Bernardo Kelly Vata Abada Maeda Palma

Hart
Kühn CalMac Bernardo
O'Riley
Idah Kyogo
Mon the Hoops 🍀
Agree way the team only switch Bernardo for Odin holm…🍀👍

The personnel won't matter if the same old useless tactics are utilised. BR is too much of an egotist to change the way we play.
I agree shammy, but we've got to get behind the team, especially at home. I watched the 2nd half of the Wales v Scotland rugby game tonight and the Welsh were 27-0 down from the 1st half.
The Welsh crowd got 100% behind their team and it ended up 26-27. They were tremendous and nearly got there. Thats what we should be doing. The 12th man can make a difference.

I agree shammy, but we've got to get behind the team, especially at home. I watched the 2nd half of the Wales v Scotland rugby game tonight and the Welsh were 27-0 down from the 1st half.
The Welsh crowd got 100% behind their team and it ended up 26-27. They were tremendous and nearly got there. Thats what we should be doing. The 12th man can make a difference.
I think those days of “faithfull through and through” are gone mate. There’s too many fans that have got season tickets from the MON era onwards that would boo before thinking of encouraging. Sign of the times.

I think those days of “faithfull through and through” are gone mate. There’s too many fans that have got season tickets from the MON era onwards that would boo before thinking of encouraging. Sign of the times.
Unfortunately I think you’re right.
Im in Brims camp. Let’s support these bhoys who are out there because as I said before our enemy just now is not within but across the city. Celtic as one can prevail
If we fail then let’s point fingers then. I’m a bit fed up of bloggers who keep telling us they warned us about the Asian cup months ago as if the club didn’t know. Maybe they didn’t react the way we wanted but fuck it we are where we are.
Now it’s about trying to win this league and we can finger point later if we fail.
Be nice if our Celtic minded bloggers got on board with this message than destabilising from within. It’s not helping.
HH

Mate if our team canny get themselves up for playing with the massive support home and away then they’re in the wrong sport!!!..support can only do so much?there’s a long way to go they don’t hand out the league trophy in February as a once Loved manager used to say🍀🍀🍀🍀👊

Mate if our team canny get themselves up for playing with the massive support home and away then they’re in the wrong sport!!!..support can only do so much?there’s a long way to go they don’t hand out the league trophy in February as a once Loved manager used to say🍀🍀🍀🍀👊
I get what you’re saying but my point was the fans at the stadium attitude has changed some what.
You seen what happened when the GB were locked out. No one takes the initiative to sing and push the team.
The booing happens when drawing or even sometimes when winning as we have seen the the recent past by some.

Unfortunately I think you’re right.
Im in Brims camp. Let’s support these bhoys who are out there because as I said before our enemy just now is not within but across the city. Celtic as one can prevail
If we fail then let’s point fingers then. I’m a bit fed up of bloggers who keep telling us they warned us about the Asian cup months ago as if the club didn’t know. Maybe they didn’t react the way we wanted but fuck it we are where we are.
Now it’s about trying to win this league and we can finger point later if we fail.
Be nice if our Celtic minded bloggers got on board with this message than destabilising from within. It’s not helping.
HH
I totally agree with you mate support the team and manager and get us through this we can’t underestimate what the support can do for the team. When we’re going against the board we need to do it in a way that doesn’t affect the team

One possible solution, albeit a v risky one, put Scales out to left back, he has played there before, but that would mean having Rocki and Largertha as Centre backs, and that gives me the fear even typing it. In fact, scratch that.

One possible solution, albeit a v risky one, put Scales out to left back, he has played there before, but that would mean having Rocki and Largertha as Centre backs, and that gives me the fear even typing it. In fact, scratch that.
Gives you Rocki and Welsh as well if you move Scales.... Although atm I would leave Scales play Welsh and give Tony a go at left back, could maybe change his name to Antonio Ralstovecci and get some of the chumps of his back 🤣

So given that Brendan appears to be not one for changing it looks like it will be 433 again against the spoon burners...

Big Joe...

AJ Welsh Scales Antonio

Calmac O'Riely Holm...

Kuhn Kyogo Abada..... 2 nuffin Celtic Kuhn and Abada to score

I'd much rather see a 3 5 2 formation though...

Joe.

Welsh Rocki Scales..

AJ Calmac the Twins Abada

Celticda and Kyogo...

3 nuffin Celtic... Kyogo and Celticda x2

Back