Honouring McCann (not Neil)

Exactly and when posters use terms like Helmet or Moron because someone's opinion does not agree with their own one must ask oneself what is the point of responding to posts?

HH?

Which is entirely your right and I have no issue with you having your opinion as in the same way you should have no issue with me having mine

As I said McCann did what he did but he didn't do it for nothing
Thin Dimes were ALWAYS his main agenda and he made plenty of them Given a choice of money or adulation which do you think he'd prefer?

I also remember the shameful manner in which he treated Tommy Burns, the abruptness of his attitude to anyone who did not share his opinions and his penny pinching to the extent of meanness

HH?
Bill I have no issue with you having a different opinion to me, that diversity of vote is one of the things that separate us from our friends across the city and I would defend your right to that opinion vigorously but I confess myself at a loss to understand it. However we will disagree respectfully and politely I suspect.

Bill I have no issue with you having a different opinion to me, that diversity of vote is one of the things that separate us from our friends across the city and I would defend your right to that opinion vigorously but I confess myself at a loss to understand it. However we will disagree respectfully and politely I suspect.

My main objection to McCann being awarded special recognition was the manner he treated Tommy Burns who I consider to be more of a Celtic great than McCann could ever profess to be

There was much consternation and dissent at that time surrounding TB's treatment
20 years have subsided and some on this site will be too young to remember otbers may have forgotten and I dare say that there will be others to whom it will make no difference but it is something which I vividly remember and it still rankles with me

HH?

Last edited:
I agree with theTommy Burns point and the fact that Fergus could be a hard nosed abrasive businessman. I hate to think where we’d have been without him. It took balls to put £5m on the table before he really knew what he was getting himself into, just to keep HBOS at bay. Then the whole stadium rebuild as well as taking on the SFA over “Farrygate”. The foundations were laid for the fiscal prudence we see today (love it or hate it,,,) He will always be remembered fondly by me.

Back