How best to effect change in Scottish football !

Wee Fergus's Bunnet

Many on here and on other fan's forums ( not Sevco it would appear ) are unhappy at the direction our game is going . I have read of the 'Fans without scarves' organisation on several threads here but do Celtic supporters feel that they should be discussing the best ways of bringing pressure to bear on :
a) Our own board , who are not always seen in the best light .
b) The SFA
c) The SPFL
d) others ...

If so ... what is the way forward ?

a) Absolutely. Also for reform of ownership and governance to allow a significant % of supporter trust owned shares. Hearts stole a march there and even The Rangers further ahead.
b and c) Yes but cabt really be done alone. Needs engagement of other fans. Fans Without Scarves is drumming up cross team support and calling out their failures and a better way, but an organisation like Scottish Football Supporters Association will be who needs to end up represented in those organisations as a stakeholder in the game representing all us fans of all clubs. Celtic itself has a voice, and it’s action on point (a) that makes it more relevant to us as Celtic fans.
d) who else?

Sorry to be a killjoy but I don't believe improving scrutiny and governance of either current entity will encourage positive change. Neither body is fit for purpose and in my humble opinion, both need replacing. And selfishly, I couldn't care less about other teams' supporters. I see the best result for Celtic being a route out of Scotland and would fully support whatever means that could be achieved. I see the Dutch and Belgium are looking at forming a league. I wish and hope Celtic Board still harbour ambitions of achieving something of that magnitude.

I share your scepticism of effecting change in the governing bodies etc.. but until an exit ( another League ? ) can be found what do we do ?
Allowing the same old head-in-the-sand attitudes to prevail will simply ''do ma heid in ! ''
Concerted pressure from a whole host of supporters from all clubs may push them towards a more professional and fairer administration of the game up here ( I know , I think I still believe in Santa ) - but I won't hold my breath .
What we don't need - and what the powers that be rely on - is supporters sitting on their hands and doing nothing but moaning .

Sadly the fans (of every club including ours) that frequent blogs / forums are in a small minority of those that follow their club, many just read the Shite that is offered in the daily rags.

Until more fans are exposed to the truth then nothing will change

Reform in the sense of a totally different governing body structure and way of getting things done, not a few different rules. For example this Barca-style approach to football regulation would certainly allow more to get done with the will of us all than the current committee model which is choked up with blazers and vested interests. https://fanswithoutscarves.org/2018/10/17/menage-a-trois-blazers-clubs-and-fans/
I would support that proposal following your clarification. However, I still believe Celtic should pursue a route out of the current Scottish set up. It doesn't present a realistic challenge for a club as big as ours. And with many bigger clubs in small countries, we share the same limitations. Surely in the 21st century this is something that we could pursue.

I would support that proposal following your clarification. However, I still believe Celtic should pursue a route out of the current Scottish set up. It doesn't present a realistic challenge for a club as big as ours. And with many bigger clubs in small countries, we share the same limitations. Surely in the 21st century this is something that we could pursue.
Wouldn't disagree at all either. Thing is even such a league would need cooperation between the relevant member associations. To get that it'd help to already be on the way to a functional set up domestically if you see what I mean. Get our house in order here and we'll be in better shape to make good things like that happen.

Back