How many games will Tom Rogic miss playing in the Asian Cup for Australia?

The derby at Mordor, for a start.

I think most of the games occur during or winter break but he will miss a couple if Australia do well.

Tom Rogic will not play against the Huns on the 29th. Apparently to protect the integrity of the competition and Australian football.

Where have we heard this terminology used previously....hmmmmm? (Practically a verbatim Peter Lawwell quote) Interesting huh?

There's a few Hun sympathisers involved in Australian football such as Craig Foster a so called soccer analyst on SBS TV who seldom has a good word to say about Celtic.

There's also those Hun rats Craig Moore and Kevin Muscat (Melbourne Victory manager and current Aust. Champions) whom we all remember so well from their thuggish days at the Death Star who would no doubt have the ear of officialdom.

All speculative of course.

Last edited:
Australia will need their arses booted if they don’t allow him to play. Totally ridiculous, he has a whole week to get there ffs!
Wake up don’t you think you need time to settle after a 20 odd hour flight, then train with the team you see barely 4 times a year. We don’t need him to slaughter the Huns. This occurs 4 times a year like the euro’s and Aus are the defending champions.

Wake up don’t you think you need time to settle after a 20 odd hour flight, then train with the team you see barely 4 times a year. We don’t need him to slaughter the Huns. This occurs 4 times a year like the euro’s and Aus are the defending champions.
Sorry every 4 years apologies

Said it before International football is a joke, players can play for 3-4+ countries before decuding what nationality they are...pathetic. Eufa need to back those who pay their wages, train these players, give them experience on a weekly basis...not playing against some minnows learning heehaw.

If we don't beat the orcs, it won't be down to Tam's absence. Sure, he likes to skelp them but we have others who should be able to take his place.

Reactions: YYU
I can just about accept players being released for international duty, but surely when it comes to meaningless games like this one, the international teams might want to consider the club's positions and give the regular players a pass or at least let them decide. Perhaps play a few non-regulars instead. I mean, what are they going to learn about Tom Rogic that they don't already know? International football depends on the good will of the clubs and making decisions like this, where they can overrule the player's employers at will, exposing that player (someone else's employee) to the risk of both serious injury and physical burnout, surely cannot help but strain that.

We've even had demands made on players to be made available for mid week games and then they get stuck on the bench. Absolutely unacceptable.

Having said all that, I still think Celtic will cope comfortably, even without the big man.

I don’t care a jot about wether they are holders. We pay his wages, they are playing a shit team, and a week to recover and train us plenty. He will be pissed mentally if he misses it. If he played and we win well he would be buzzing. That won’t hapoen now, so, long short if it, their coach has made a decision that was unnecessary and Rogic will be down that he couldn’t play, which affects performance. If it was 3 days then fine. But a week? You wake up.

I don’t care a jot about wether they are holders. We pay his wages, they are playing a shit team, and a week to recover and train us plenty. He will be pissed mentally if he misses it. If he played and we win well he would be buzzing. That won’t hapoen now, so, long short if it, their coach has made a decision that was unnecessary and Rogic will be down that he couldn’t play, which affects performance. If it was 3 days then fine. But a week? You wake up.
So in essence what you are saying is it’s one set of rules for Scottish/ European players, and another for international players from outside Europe ( ie: Africa, Asia, America)? If so then why do we choose to employ them? It’s possible that if we are to go foreword as a European challenging club that this is where we will be getting our future players from.

Back