How much will Rodgers Transfer budget be for season 23/24?

Even if sales determine the exact amount, how much is in Rodgers "war chest""

• £30 million + /&/or including cash from sales

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • £40 million + /&/or including cash from sales

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • £50 million + /&/or including cash from sales

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • £60 million +/&/or including cash from sales

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • £70 million and over

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Winter

In the last 2 seasons we have seen Celtic spend more money than at any other time in our clubs history.

Incredible goings on in Ange's first season as we put our faith in the manager and backed him as did the club.

In the space of 4 transfer windows Ange brought 29 players to the club 29 for a price of approximately £48 million.

There were 12 notable departures amongst whom were guys like Rogic, Bitton, Lustig stalwart champions, serial champions but the numbers of players out was higher than 12 that's just notable transfers out.

Those sales of players meant Celtic brought in approximately £42 million.

Giving our highest spending manager of all time an overall spend of *£48million
with an overall sales figure of *£42million.

Lucky rich man Ange had a net spend of *£6.395 million. That is nothing for a club like Celtic, it was the quality of the turnaround and the calibre of replacements for every position.

Given that Ange is our highest ever spending manager yet he only really used £6.3 million of the clubs transfer kitty once the dust settked upon all our deals.
In fact at the end of the day ange spent roughly the equivalent of financing CCV or Jota's signature.

Q). How much if we're guessing do you/we think that Rodgers will have available to spend in his promised " war chest " this war chest we're told will be more than Ange's and Celtic's biggest ever transfer war chest?

Already heard Rodgers saying we won't/can't be signing players for £20 million, but might see Edouards fee surpassed.

Anges almost £50 million I'm certain was dependant upon our sales reaching a certain level, £30 million perhaps?
I believe this based upon his appointment being a gamble.

We already know that we are likely to lose some main men who'll be difficult to replace but I'm sure the board surely will be more savvy than we were with Giakoumakis and Juranovic and we will recieve transfer fees more realistic than those two sales which ordinarily Id've expected £30 million combined at least for both.

I'm guessing that Rodgers will have around £60 million to spend over a number of windows, dependant upon cash recieved for players sales out.

Oriley, Maeda, Abada, Starfelt , Kyogo, Johnstone, we will be tested by the English clubs for these players .
Germany, Italy, France, Belgium and Portugal are but some of the nations keeping close tabs on us, makes sense, we keep producing top players, Frimpong and KT still likely to bring in more. .

Its safe to say that the days of Celtic players going to lower EPL clubs first and proving themselves good enough is over.

Players like VVD , Wanyama, KT have put that myth to bed.
Followed up by Dembele, Juranovic, Frimpong moving straight into top sides in the top 5 leagues.

We're an automatic entry champions league side littered with internationals, Scottish and foreign ones alike capable of performing at the highest levels around the world .

Huge improvement on the international scene too for Scotland hasn't gone unnoticed.

No section for this but another question just to ensure this isn't too short.

Q ii) Knowing this will be Celtic's biggest ever tranfer fund are you expecting Rodgers to break the Odsonne Edouard record buy and smash the current record of £9 million?

For Q ii) leave a controversial comment, Rodgers has already said there'll be no stars in this team, no room for ego's , no £20 million players but what about £10-£15 million?

Dreaming? /away with the faeries?/

I've made this rambling post into a poll just for a laugh/to be annoying/I'm bored/I can/ I'm genuinely interested.

Please just humour me, trying to pass the Celtic time. 👍

* = approximately.

OK I'll go first because...well because I'm the only one here online who isn't a guest.

I believe DD means business, that as long as Celtic sell at least 1 of our main men to the tune of around £20 million then Rodgers will get a spending budget of £60 million plus.

Yes that brings it down to £40 million + but it's his spending power I'm interested in.

I also believe that we will see a big money move of £10 million at least coming into CP.
A statement a declaration of intent a a show of power to demoralise the tribute act and fans.

Ndidi anyone?
Ndidit will be very unlikely but never know.
" champions league shop window Mr Ndidi?"

As much as the board backed Ange I believe they did it on the strength and knowledge of what money was coming in on sales as the spend/sell model objective doesn't shift much in reality.
The amount of spend and wage bill clearly allows for more budget when CL qualification is acheived.
I don't think BR has been promised the speculated massively increased budget being reported.
Nicholson was asked the question and answered that nothing has changed on that front.
More realistically I suspect he has been promised support on negotiating wages to keep the players he wants to keep and for him to have final say on all comings and goings within reason.
Celtic remain frugal imo but will be prepared to push the boat out this season to secure the riches on offer for the new CL format next season which allow for a return of £50m.
This imo will have been quite a significant topic of conversation with the board and Rodgers that would give the scope of allowing the manager the opportunity to continue to outspend and dominate any challenge from elsewhere and dream of European progress.
Given the rebuild is no where near what Ange had to do I suspect its £30m to spend with an extra pot to extend/ improve contracts of must keeps to acheive above.

Although we will get the income from the UCL there will be extra expenses associated with that as well. There are the bonuses for players (and non playing staff too), stewarding, police, general running costs, etc. Of course a lot of this revenue goes straight to the bottom line so you can spend it on new players too.

But if you are buying a £10m player then they will usually have a higher weekly salary than a £3m player. Plus Brendan will ptobably sanction renegotiation of selected stars' contracts to keep them so we can make a push in Europe, which will use up a few £m each season.

Seeing as the media have been tipped off that Rodgers has only returned if we can significantly improve our squad then I can see us spending around £20m on transfer fees, plus replacements using profits for any high profile leavers (I am expecting to lose at least 1 big player this summer).

Question is ,,,,,,,Does anyone trust Rodgers judgement enough to give him £30m

:unsure: i don't
If he's bringing in players like dembele , sinclair , Edouard then aye.

Not much choice but to with him being manager.
Also players like Roberts who might've stayed if the money was right.

Always felt Roberts has landed himself with not the best agent , watching his career nose dive has been painful to watch at times.

The " largest transfer budget of any Celtic manager " .

Where that came from idk.
"Sources close to a Google search engine "?

€3 million for Odin RW has already been spent on a player who couldn't have been a Rodgers target.

As much as the board backed Ange I believe they did it on the strength and knowledge of what money was coming in on sales as the spend/sell model objective doesn't shift much in reality.
The amount of spend and wage bill clearly allows for more budget when CL qualification is acheived.
I don't think BR has been promised the speculated massively increased budget being reported.
Nicholson was asked the question and answered that nothing has changed on that front.
More realistically I suspect he has been promised support on negotiating wages to keep the players he wants to keep and for him to have final say on all comings and goings within reason.
Celtic remain frugal imo but will be prepared to push the boat out this season to secure the riches on offer for the new CL format next season which allow for a return of £50m.
This imo will have been quite a significant topic of conversation with the board and Rodgers that would give the scope of allowing the manager the opportunity to continue to outspend and dominate any challenge from elsewhere and dream of European progress.
Given the rebuild is no where near what Ange had to do I suspect its £30m to spend with an extra pot to extend/ improve contracts of must keeps to acheive above.
If Celtic remain frugal especially now in the season before the champions league format change next comes into effect I'd worry that we're going backwards when the opportunity is there to make good strides forward.

Something we've seen before and while I wouldn't put it past the board to do that, wouldn't surprise me if the biggest tranfer fund rumour came from the smoke and mirrors room at CP.

I think and I hope there's some truth in him having a strong starting budget.

We need more than two right wingers , our squad , domestically as good we are it wasn't good enough at the end of the day last season in Europe.
Blew 4pts from not taking chances against shakhtar.

Any players coming from England will be expensive, the €3million to valarenga seems expensive as well, lot of money for a young player to Norways traditional 3rd club I think after Rosenborg and Brann.

We require more players to come in and hit the ground running again.

Rodgers transfers in will be scrutinised in great detail by all.

Who knows which player(s) we'll lose to sales but given those already here I'd rather see us go get someone of real quality in at £6-£10 million than two €3 million players if they cannot break into the matchday squad.

Which wouldn't be easy but we cannot sit still and especially this season.

For the extra games on offer thevtitle this season is arguably more important than previous ones ( they're all important) this one will put us in that new super league set up though.

We simply must be in that new format champions league

Members online

Latest posts

Back