Howe It Feels: “I’m looking at McCoist right now and I can see fear, I can smell fear,” Sutton

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member

Howe It Feels: “I’m looking at McCoist right now and I can see fear, I can smell fear,” Sutton...​

I'm buzzing about Howes appointment although I share Suttons fear about keeping kennedy on.

If you haven't watched this video (Eddie Howe Mic'd up) then you should. I don't want to count chickens but I dearly want this guy to be our manager. Watching him coach, and comparing it with what we saw from Lennon, it blows my mind. Plus a special guest shows up right at the end of the video! 😉

Pundits keep making the lazy comparison with the Rat but I think Eddie Howe is a MUCH BETTER manager/coach and the numbers support this. Before Liverpool, the Rat collected 36% of points available to him. You could argue Eddie Howe had the tougher gig, with a team punching above their weight, but he still collected 49% of available points. That's some difference! He's not a Sellic man but neither was the Rat.

If you haven't watched this video (Eddie Howe Mic'd up) then you should. I don't want to count chickens but I dearly want this guy to be our manager. Watching him coach, and comparing it with what we saw from Lennon, it blows my mind. Plus a special guest shows up right at the end of the video! 😉

Pundits keep making the lazy comparison with the Rat but I think Eddie Howe is a MUCH BETTER manager/coach and the numbers support this. Before Liverpool, the Rat collected 36% of points available to him. You could argue Eddie Howe had the tougher gig, with a team punching above their weight, but he still collected 49% of available points. That's some difference! He's not a Sellic man but neither was the Rat.
Say what you want about Rodgers but hes up there with the best in the EPL,Leicester are a joy to watch at times.

As for Howe,i like what i read other managers say about the guy but its a whole different kind of pressure managing Celtic ,expected to win every game and the pressure will be huge next season with that automatic CL place up for grabs .

What sort of a shitbag is Kennedy? Whos tit is he hanging from, to get staying around so long and participate in the downgrading of our team. Somebody appears determined that he will end up Celtics manager. Has he no shame? If he had anything in him he would be gone. :mad:

Say what you want about Rodgers but hes up there with the best in the EPL,Leicester are a joy to watch at times.
I agree, Rodgers was and is an excellent coach. He raised the standards and instilled a level of professionalism that we lacked before and since his tenure.

All I'm saying is I think Eddie Howe will be even better. I hope and think he'll bring back the high standards, won't embarrass us in Europe, won't patronise us with BS about drinking up the Gallowgate when he was six or make up nonsense about genuine legends like Danny McGrain.

I agree, Rodgers was and is an excellent coach. He raised the standards and instilled a level of professionalism that we lacked before and since his tenure.

All I'm saying is I think Eddie Howe will be even better. I hope and think he'll bring back the high standards, won't embarrass us in Europe, won't patronise us with BS about drinking up the Gallowgate when he was six or make up nonsense about genuine legends like Danny McGrain.
Been reading a few things other top managers have said and the guys clearly well respected .hope he gets the proper backing from the board Larry and he gets this team ticking again.

I am seriously hoping the Kennedy stories are inaccurate. However sounds like he has been sold on why Kennedy needs to stay by both Lawell and Dermot Desmond.
I wouldn't be surprised if Howe has picked the phone up and spoken to Brendan Rodgers who we all know is still bigging Kennedy up. The feeling is one of great hope for me with Howe coming in. Would hope that he brings his own coaching team but if reports are to be believed Kennedy is gonna be part of any new set up unfortunately.

If they appoint Howe,I’ll be delighted.
but what’s this nonsense he’ll take over at the end of the season, get him in now.
who gives a toss ( I mean he has to win the cup obvs) about the results but let’s get him in position to be ready to go next season.
With Celtic you’re in straight off the bat, cmon Eddie you know it makes sense🤣
HH

Howe is hugely respected in England by other top managers. It wasn’t too long ago he was mooted as the next arsenal boss. I think he’s by far the best choice if you want a long term rebuild, given a free hand I think he’ll turn us around from top to bottom of the club. But don’t expect miracles. It might be 2-3 years before we reap the rewards.

I have to say if it comes off I'll be well chuffed.
I've championed Howe from way back when he was first touted as a replacement for Lennon.
He's a clever young coach who is well regarded by fans and other managers in the EPL.
I think we'll see Kennedy and Strachan for a.while it.makes sense.to have someone who knows the players
Both were touted as great young coaches I dont know if they've been dragged down by Lennons tactics and management
Time will tell in that

Big Sutton is right to call out the smell of fear from the zombies
They know we list it just as much as they won it
Had we played the same way as we did at the end if last season the league would still be open and we'd be on top.
They know full well the squeaky door is not a great manager
He was in deep trouble last year and only COVID and his name kept him in the job.
Zombies have no memory they forget they had to organise an 8th minute round of applause and then booed them off the pitch 82 minutes later.

If we pull this off good times will be back at Paradise

Members online

Latest posts

Back