I expect better from John Hartson

Jinkybhoy

Always had a soft spot for Big John but his recent quote about THEM now being favourites for the title is very disappointing.

While I am the first to admit that we could be better there are definite signs that things are on the up.

It should also be noted that as matters stand we are still the form team: 8 wins and 1 draw where they have 8 wins and 1 loss.

John please stick with us - you are always in our corner so don't jump ships now - as the song goes faithful through and through.

Always had a soft spot for Big John but his recent quote about THEM now being favourites for the title is very disappointing.

While I am the first to admit that we could be better there are definite signs that things are on the up.

It should also be noted that as matters stand we are still the form team: 8 wins and 1 draw where they have 8 wins and 1 loss.

John please stick with us - you are always in our corner so don't jump ships now - as the song goes faithful through and through.

I'm going to take it as just frustration from Hartson as apposed to him taking the soup route like so many of our ex players.
I to, believe the scum are favourites. Not because they are better than us, they aren't. But because they will get the assistance they need when they are struggling...that we just won't get.
Goldson handballs, Goldson high boots, Silva straight leg studs up challenges...have all been ignored, and that's only in the last 2 matches.
Celtic and Sevco are both capable of dropping points this season. The difference is, in those fine margin matches, Sevco are more likely to snatch 3 points from 0 or 1, than we are. Not because they are better but because they have "Video Assisted Rangers" on their side.
I only wish Harston would go that step further and tell us WHY he genuinely believes Sevco are favourites...as I believe him, and every other cunt in the media knows the real reason.

He's as entitled as the rest of us to call it as he sees it. Some folk are delusional if they don't see that we have given the tribute act a boost with too many dire performances recently.

My heart says we'll win but my head says we haven't been good enough due to many factors and we can't bank on winning every game from now on, which is exactly what we have to do.

The next derby will signpost our destination this season.

As it says in my opening gambit I love big John who has always been 100% Celtic. I just get frustrated reading about how fantastic they are. I agree wholeheartedly with all the comments being made by everyone. We know that they will get every dodgy decision going and it is fairly certain that some of the teams that try 200% when playing us will simply fail to turn up when it's them. My real concern is that we need to stay behind Brendan and the bhoys. If we can get back to anything like our best we simply blow them out of the water. HH BHOYS.

As it says in my opening gambit I love big John who has always been 100% Celtic. I just get frustrated reading about how fantastic they are. I agree wholeheartedly with all the comments being made by everyone. We know that they will get every dodgy decision going and it is fairly certain that some of the teams that try 200% when playing us will simply fail to turn up when it's them. My real concern is that we need to stay behind Brendan and the bhoys. If we can get back to anything like our best we simply blow them out of the water. HH BHOYS.

I don't believe players chose to try harder against us than them....well 99% don't anyway. You'll always have guys like Halliday who put their love of the scum over their own team...but in the whole, I believe most players want to take the scalp of either Glasgow club.
The issue we have is the managers of certain clubs. Martindale for instance. This guy will deploy the low block against us. He will try to lump balls forward now and again, but mostly sets up to stop us taking 3 points. The occasional long punt also always gives them a chance to nick a goal. This tactic would also work well against the scum, they may even take more than a point as the scum aren't that good. But instead, against them, Martindale goes hell for leather. Leaving space all over the park for the scum to exploit. All Martindale is thinking about is the big hug he will get from the scum manager at the end of the match, and the post match interview where he can sing their praises.

No problem with this. He never let us down. And, if this is how he honestly sees it, and I genuinely do think it is so, then I have no issue. Give me this honesty rather than the ostrich approach any day. Just hope you are wrong, Big John.

Last edited:
I don't believe players chose to try harder against us than them....well 99% don't anyway. You'll always have guys like Halliday who put their love of the scum over their own team...but in the whole, I believe most players want to take the scalp of either Glasgow club.
The issue we have is the managers of certain clubs. Martindale for instance. This guy will deploy the low block against us. He will try to lump balls forward now and again, but mostly sets up to stop us taking 3 points. The occasional long punt also always gives them a chance to nick a goal. This tactic would also work well against the scum, they may even take more than a point as the scum aren't that good. But instead, against them, Martindale goes hell for leather. Leaving space all over the park for the scum to exploit. All Martindale is thinking about is the big hug he will get from the scum manager at the end of the match, and the post match interview where he can sing their praises.
Looking forward to seeing their hugs in the Championship, Lubo. The sooner the better.

Last edited:
No doubt his comments are borne out of frustration like the rest of us, but at the end of the day, we know he's not a soup taker, him and Chris Sutton, always speak their mind and I have no issue with him, as Deadner said, putting the pressure on the Huns HH

Last edited:
No doubt his comments are borne out of frustration like the rest of us, but at the end of the day, we know he's not a soup taker, him and Chris Sutton, always speak their mind and I have no issue with him as Deadner said putting the pressure on the Huns HH
He was stoned........happens!! You say and do mad things and chill out.

Ex-footballers Matt Le Tissier and John Hartson rapped over Supreme CBD social media posts​

No doubt his comments are borne out of frustration like the rest of us, but at the end of the day, we know he's not a soup taker, him and Chris Sutton, always speak their mind and I have no issue with him, as Deadner said, putting the pressure on the Huns HH
I've heard Sutton do the same thing,reins the idiots in then rips them apart when it all goes wrong!They know what they are doing

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back