I feel like a traitor

Celtic Ghostie

Like him or loathe him " The Celtic family" blog calls it as he sees it without apology and I responded to a post of his tagged Entitlement, what it means.....
" Your post resonated with me this morning amid the current tsunami of relentlessly negative opinion from our fans. I occasionally populate the Celtic noise forum as Celtic Ghostie ( formerly Celtic Ultra sort of ) and while I am occasionally critical ( fairly I hope ) I would say I'm consistently positive about 95% of the time. A wee example of this is that despite my respect and admiration of EVERYTHING Neil has achieved at the club I have always questioned his tactical acumen first AND second time around ( its what still worries me now ) I now view the forums as a guest only as I feel I may have offended fellow fans and Forumee's with recent opinions about our sense of entitlement regarding the ten crushing the life from the club at every level. Within my fairly wide circle of Celtic friends including the forums it is not a popular opinion and it is a genuine sorrow to see how rapidly we have brought the GASLs prophesy of us ( the Celtic fans ) collapsing like a pack of cards to life. The rangers fans despite 9 years of humiliation, disintegrating replica kits, confetti like share issues and mygers schemes and scams STILL FILLED THEIR STADIUM EVERY WEEK. We on the other hand with the misfortune to be drawn in a Champions League quality Europa group ( in which I personally gave us little chance ) and with the loss of our first cup game in 36, now proudly boast that we will boycott club merchandise ,reclaim season ticket money retrospectively, leave the stadium half empty next season and wage a public campaign of aggressive demonstrations against The manager, the players, the board and the Club accusing them all of lacking commitment despite their responses to the contrary ( so we say they are liars as well ) and yet we still spout the hypocritical pish that we are " THE GREATEST FANS IN THE WORLD "
This is my last post on any Celtic forum guys. I apologise if I've caused any offense and I wish you all a peaceful and happy Christmas and New Year. I'm deserting the forums but I will never desert Celtic. Hail Hail ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€

Like him or loathe him " The Celtic family" blog calls it as he sees it without apology and I responded to a post of his tagged Entitlement, what it means.....
" Your post resonated with me this morning amid the current tsunami of relentlessly negative opinion from our fans. I occasionally populate the Celtic noise forum as Celtic Ghostie ( formerly Celtic Ultra sort of ) and while I am occasionally critical ( fairly I hope ) I would say I'm consistently positive about 95% of the time. A wee example of this is that despite my respect and admiration of EVERYTHING Neil has achieved at the club I have always questioned his tactical acumen first AND second time around ( its what still worries me now ) I now view the forums as a guest only as I feel I may have offended fellow fans and Forumee's with recent opinions about our sense of entitlement regarding the ten crushing the life from the club at every level. Within my fairly wide circle of Celtic friends including the forums it is not a popular opinion and it is a genuine sorrow to see how rapidly we have brought the GASLs prophesy of us ( the Celtic fans ) collapsing like a pack of cards to life. The rangers fans despite 9 years of humiliation, disintegrating replica kits, confetti like share issues and mygers schemes and scams STILL FILLED THEIR STADIUM EVERY WEEK. We on the other hand with the misfortune to be drawn in a Champions League quality Europa group ( in which I personally gave us little chance ) and with the loss of our first cup game in 36, now proudly boast that we will boycott club merchandise ,reclaim season ticket money retrospectively, leave the stadium half empty next season and wage a public campaign of aggressive demonstrations against The manager, the players, the board and the Club accusing them all of lacking commitment despite their responses to the contrary ( so we say they are liars as well ) and yet we still spout the hypocritical pish that we are " THE GREATEST FANS IN THE WORLD "
This is my last post on any Celtic forum guys. I apologise if I've caused any offense and I wish you all a peaceful and happy Christmas and New Year. I'm deserting the forums but I will never desert Celtic. Hail Hail ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€
For fuck sake bigman, I thought by the title of the thread that you had done something fuckin unforgivable like standing for god save the queen!

Can't find the words to respond Ghostie I'll just say I'm shocked and sorry it has come to this. A happy Christmas New Year to you and your family. You'll be well missed. ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž

We have all commented along the same lines CG and we all want the same thing for our club.
There is absolutely no need for you to think you have betrayed anyone on this forum,you have given your opinion on certain matters which you are very much entitled to do just like the rest of us are.
You made a comment about boycotting club merchandise,maybe this was an intervention from one of the greatest Celtic men of all time Tommy Burns,I thought it strange that you and Tommy,s son Jonathan spoke about the same thing at almost the same time,the only difference CG was you mentioned boycotting and Jonathan mentioned barriers..
You said there could be a boycotting of Celtic merchandise,Jonathan wondered if the barriers which Lawwell had erected to keep the supporters out would also be erected to keep them out of the Celtic store..
So CG the long and short of it is there is only ONE TRAITOR who has to answer to every Celtic supporter and as they say on,,, I,m A Celebrity,,, it,s not you..
Have we not lost enough this season CG without losing another one of our own..

HH.

I read that blog this morning and his analysis and quite unlike me sent a response agreeing with him. The use of " entitlement" sits uncomfortably with Celtic as its more associated with Govan but experience tells you that victory is much sweeter when you have experienced loss. We have unprecedented success and sooner or later loss would happen I can accept, it's sport, but what I'm finding harder to accept in this season of all seasons is a lack of unity in our squad and not giving 100%
Anyway you shouldn't walk on the back of your opinion being denigrated, that's blogs.
A blog open to all ( Celtic supporters)
Hope you stay with it.
HH

Too many Celtic fans want boycotts or are dumping their season tickets and not renewing them next season so what happened to KEEP THE FAITH?

We might not like what's happening behind the scenes but we shouldn't give up hope. Through thick and thin I will always support the 'tic.

If you have an opinion and you wish to argue your point this is the place. If you believe it, and even when you hear the other side you still feel the same way, then why would you feel like a traitor?
Have the courage of your convictions CG.
The only people i'm ever suspicious of is people who never change their minds despite the weight of evidence shifting, (as in, I vote Labour cos my Dad and Grandad did) or people who resort to personal insults or derision of others arguments rather than reinforcing their own position. Debate is always healthy as long as both sides listen to each other.
No matter what we all have what we believe Celtic's best interests are at heart. That's worth arguing about.

Listen your opinion is valued just like everybody elses I also think some fans are spoiled by our success lately this sites all about opinions it wid be pure keek if we awe agreed all the time HH YNWA

Dont be daft ghostie of ultra sort of , stay and contribute as you have done so many times before and you're opinions are as relevant as anyones โœŒโ˜˜

No way Ghostie. I don't think you have offended anyone at all and you certainly shouldn't fell like a traitor. I enjoy your posts as it is clear you have put a lot of thought into them. And if you have disagreed with other posters I think you've always argued your case fairly and politely. It may be that you just need a wee break but you will always be welcome back. Take care. HH ๐Ÿ€

Last edited:
No no no no who have you offended ghostie No cunt donโ€™t let trolls drive you away mate your opinion good or bad is your opinion and nothing to feel ashamed about , if anything cunts like me with my snidey outlook should maybe think what there posting mate , you go they bastards have won mate cmon the ghostie HH ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€YNWA

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if youd offended someone, so f*k dont leave because snowflakes dont agree , if that were the case I'd have been gone long ago mt the forum is there to air our thoughts agreeable or not , so what if some dont agree with you that's their problem ( if you do leave can I have your superbru points?) Just kidding I think ๐Ÿ˜œ only the lurkers can gtf and you're not one 'STAY WITH ME' stay with me to quote an old half decent tune , where's my drink?

Ghostie, for what it's worth - I have daily debates with myself about how best to proceed and it's the sheer feckin confusion that's killing me just now. It's the old heart and head argument and it changes on a daily basis at the moment.

There is a sense of entitlement with some of our younger lads and lassies. They have known little but unparalleled success in the last 20-years and even in those seasons where we came up short, it was largely due to fucking cheating on industrial scale. I believe we all have to take a deep breath and exhale, because we're all hyperventilating at the moment, especially the board, the manager, the coaching staff and the players.

The purpose of these sites is to vent some spleen and to let the rage run wild sometimes. It's not treachery to be concerned - it's only natural. Sure - we'll disagree and have heated debates. Sometimes things get misinterpreted and lost in translation, but we all (or most of us) just want what's best for the club. We just have different opinions on how to achieve that objective.

If it was any one thing that was the problem, then that would be something that could be addressed, but there's 101 things at the moment and it's like a death by a thousand cuts.

Hypocrisy is part of the human condition. The young team might be overreacting to certain issues with the team, but it's all part of their ongoing development and they'll know in good time that trophies and success have to be worked for and enjoyed. Being blindly optimistic like that shower of shite isn't a sign of loyalty. It is just an act of gross stupidity and fuckwitedness that will eventually see them bury another team.

We might be shite at the moment, but they'll be dead forever.

Ghostie, best of luck to you & yours
People have gone before and come back, perhaps you'll do the same
I personally won't boycott the club, I deal with things I can control, while consdiering the source of posts etc
As I said, I wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas

HH

Back