Irish history

Still cannot believe that people see it as a famine. In a country surrounded by wildlife and agriculture someone must have gave an order that the taking from the land or sea was punishable by death and forced to a starvation, therefore how could a famine exist, self created starving of people equals genocide. Can only assume also the royals had the say in this if we focus on who were put in as guardians of assetts and enforcers of rule. Not hard to work out the definition that should be applied when talking about Ireland.
I never thought about it like that before Boab. You are absolutely right, it’s only a famine if there’s no food. It was a policy of genocide by starvation to wipe out the people whose land they had stolen.

My mothers people were the Keans and McKeirnans from Sligo and Donegal.
Heres something mad ta think aboot, some of us who have a mix of Scots and Irish DNA owe our existence to the Irish famine. The chances of our Scots and Irish DNA meeting are very slim but the famine forced people to leave and allowed the mixing of our DNA.
Mahons, McAulay's, and Flatley's on my Dad's side
No comments about River Dance please ;-)

What that fucking monster Cromwell and his animal army done to the people of Drogheda is the most heinous acts I have ever heard of.
in fact I had to stop reading the book I had on it as it was so distressing and anger inducing.
At one point they had competitions to see how far they could throw live babies 😡😡😡😡

My mother always told us stories as children passed down from her father and grandfather about people dying on the side of the road and their mouths were all green where they had resorted to eating grass. My ancestors were thrown out of their houses, their land taken and house burned. And people wonder why we hate authority of any kind. Its in our dna.
When you continuously poke a bear in a cage, it will eventually take your hand off.

Aye, like many countries, the grubby hand of England & her Empire touched. Ireland suffered more than most under the Apron, by the time it came to Ireland the Genocide Mentality was well honed.

The Sacrifice suffered by Our Forefathers, is passed from Generation to Generation, so we don't forget who we are.

My mother always told us stories as children passed down from her father and grandfather about people dying on the side of the road and their mouths were all green where they had resorted to eating grass. My ancestors were thrown out of their houses, their land taken and house burned. And people wonder why we hate authority of any kind. Its in our dna.
When you continuously poke a bear in a cage, it will eventually take your hand off.
My old neighbour (a10 year old) got his arm ripped aff fae Jeremy the Sugar Puff bear at Camperdown Zoo in Dundee in 1986. He was poking the bear with a stick.
sounds bizarre but it’s true.

Comet and Star, the two brown bears, were two of the most popular animals at the centre. Comet died in 2016 and Star was joined by three younger bears from another collection. Star died in 2018. One of Britain's rarest mammals, the pine marten, can also be found in the centre.[6] Camperdown Wildlife Centre received its "zoo licence" in September 2003.[7] The park made news headlines in 1986, when "Jeremy", its female European brown bear, bit the arm off ten-year-old Ross Prendergast, who had sneaked into the park after hours. A campaign was launched to stop the bear being put down.[7][8] The bear enclosure has been enlarged since the incident, and there are now three different bears at the park.

Last edited:
My old neighbour (a10 year old) got his arm ripped aff fae Jeremy the Sugar Puff bear at Camperdown Zoo in Dundee in 1986. He was poking the bear with a stick.

Comet and Star, the two brown bears, were two of the most popular animals at the centre. Comet died in 2016 and Star was joined by three younger bears from another collection. Star died in 2018. One of Britain's rarest mammals, the pine marten, can also be found in the centre.[6] Camperdown Wildlife Centre received its "zoo licence" in September 2003.[7] The park made news headlines in 1986, when "Jeremy", its female European brown bear, bit the arm off ten-year-old Ross Prendergast, who had sneaked into the park after hours. A campaign was launched to stop the bear being put down.[7][8] The bear enclosure has been enlarged since the incident, and there are now three different bears at the park.
I remember that Richy. Jeremy was one of Dundee's biggest attractions at that time.

Ye see I was right. Leave the bear alone!

He took the chant feed the bear to extremes

Still cannot believe that people see it as a famine. In a country surrounded by wildlife and agriculture someone must have gave an order that the taking from the land or sea was punishable by death and forced to a starvation, therefore how could a famine exist, self created starving of people equals genocide. Can only assume also the royals had the say in this if we focus on who were put in as guardians of assetts and enforcers of rule. Not hard to work out the definition that should be applied when talking about Ireland.
Ano but unless u actively seek out the truth then all your told is the crops failed kind of thing the fuckers done it to the indains aswell nocunt mentions anything about why there was "famine"

Ano but unless u actively seek out the truth then all your told is the crops failed kind of thing the fuckers done it to the indains aswell nocunt mentions anything about why there was "famine"
The British gave the indigenous population in N. America blankets infected with smallpox. Biological warfare 300 hundred years ago.

Last edited:
Back