Is 3-5-2 Working?

Celtic By Numbers

Celtic have been flying form wise since the break. Lennon has gone predominantly with 3-5-2 and accommodated Griffiths and Edouard. James analyses whether this change of shape is producing as successful performance numbers as results.

The Griff and Eddy are starting to click so we should stick to the 352,let them run riot against the monkeys in March!Said a while back Griff needs to be starting games to get the best out him.Would like to see Elhamed come into the back 3 when hes fit.

Why dont we have a sneaky try at 4-5-2 and see if anyone notices?
It would most likely be a hun that complains and those buggers can't count to 12 on their hooves so I think we could get away with it.
Mr Duffy this is your area of expertise why no send Lenny a wee "I've got an idea" email? 😼

Why dont we have a sneaky try at 4-5-2 and see if anyone notices?
It would most likely be a hun that complains and those buggers can't count to 12 on their hooves so I think we could get away with it.
Mr Duffy this is your area of expertise why no send Lenny a wee "I've got an idea" email? 😼
Ah've been pushin 4-5-2 for years, but nae body seem's interested,naebody takes any notice of visionary's these days Hoopy! 🍺

It's working because we have two great front men who are developing a fantastic understanding and potent threat. Maybe away in Europe we will change it. But I'm not convinced about that as I feel we are good enough to take teams on with our best formation. Lenny will be cautious though, I don't like caution. Never have.

Anybody think Elyounoussi has tae start on wednesday?and if so. WTF formation should we play and who would lose out 🍺 😬

I can understand why you are suggesting this, Elyounoussi fitted into the team seamlessly and was very effective. However, I don't think he should get back into the team straight away. The team at the moment after the break is firing on all cylinders at the moment, so a place on the bench is where he should start.
I tend to laugh at the clammer for players to start who we have seen very little of, Schved is a perfect example.... we have seen nothing of this lad to suggest he's a first 11. His time may come, but it's not at the expense of anyone at the moment. James Forrest is usually the one most fans want to drop, but this lad has seen and done it and has contributed big time to winning his medals. Yes, he's had a dip of form (not surprisingly through winter and had a wee injury too) but when the chips are down....would you seriously drop him?
Personally I think at the moment, we have a settled team, and no one should be dropped just for the sake of it. Injuries to the 1st 11 is the only way those on the bench should get a look in. And lets face it our bench is strong.
Lennon, on the face of it has a well oiled machine, and the squad seem happy. That says a lot about his management. He may not be a big name in the coaching world, but personally I think he's very under rated. His reputation is low from all the crap he gets associated with but it's our gain.
Winning championships is not easy..... those that say it is have never won one.

Always liked the German formations of a midfielder acting as centre mid and centre half when pressed and when full backs pushing up and down the flanks lose possession. Always have 3 at back.

1581340106332.png

Back