Is it just me or are Celtic too passive in attack?

It's all well saying get Morgan and arzani in the team to run at players and beat them. The issue with that is every other player in the team is standing outside the box waiting on the pass back. It's no wonder we haven't got any players who can get a decent cross in, the chances are they don't get to practice in training. It's all about keeping possession and passing along the deck. How many times have we seen the likes of Forrest and Tierney driving down the wing and looking for a cross in the box only to find Griff and eddy standing fucking next to them on the wing. And when our wingers do hit the by line and don't see anyone in the box their only options are to either give it backwards to Brown who will eventually pass it back to our defenders or they cut inside to a packet defence and lose the ball anyway. They whole team mentality has to change. We have to be more direct. Bodies in the box. Shooting from distance. Every team in Scotland know what our plan is and are happy to sit deep and try take a point from us. The only reason we keep beating sevco is because they want to beat us so bad that they don't sit back as much like the other teams.

It's all well saying get Morgan and arzani in the team to run at players and beat them. The issue with that is every other player in the team is standing outside the box waiting on the pass back. It's no wonder we haven't got any players who can get a decent cross in, the chances are they don't get to practice in training. It's all about keeping possession and passing along the deck. How many times have we seen the likes of Forrest and Tierney driving down the wing and looking for a cross in the box only to find Griff and eddy standing fucking next to them on the wing. And when our wingers do hit the by line and don't see anyone in the box their only options are to either give it backwards to Brown who will eventually pass it back to our defenders or they cut inside to a packet defence and lose the ball anyway. They whole team mentality has to change. We have to be more direct. Bodies in the box. Shooting from distance. Every team in Scotland know what our plan is and are happy to sit deep and try take a point from us. The only reason we keep beating sevco is because they want to beat us so bad that they don't sit back as much like the other teams.

Good points well made. We need a rethink about how we atrack. Even when players take up good positions in the box too often the final baw is as close as my first shite.

Brendan has had 2 seasons of the same shit. He talks about taking time out on international breaks to think about how we need to play to break down teams. I've saw no difference to how we played last season. If anything we seem slower. We won't need to worry about refs and corruption stopping 10IAR...if a part time manager from the Irish league can set up a team he barely knows to take points from us (and St Mirren were the better team) then we have major issues. McInnes arse drops when he plays sevco but the sheep always give us a game same as hearts and hibs...and god forbid, if Slippy G bangs his head and activates a couple of brain cells he might actually figure out that it's not that difficult to play against us. I believe we will drop points against all those teams (Apart from sevco)..and I mean they could well beat us. On top of all the draws we will pick up this season it's going to be a long one. Something major needs to change.

Members online

Latest posts

Back