Is it too early ??

Am I being paranoid ? Any player that I've seen us linked with is a midfielder. I don't think we need one. Haven't seen a defender, or a striker for that matter, mentioned. Any rumours floating about that I haven't heard.
Understandable to be concerned early as the last few windows have not been great to put it mildly, keep the pressure on the suits to back Lenny.
The compensation from Rodgers alone must have a few million unexpected excess out the blue! so we are told.

Leaving right back to one side as that is dire obvious.

Personally excited and delighted to see rumours of midfield concentration, as our defensive midfield has looked really exposed and our most obvious weak area for some time now.
Creative and attacking midfield yes we're quite well covered, but defensively! we have Broony and who else? Mulumbu was for what ever reason considered surplus and Ntcham seems disinterested and hasn't been decent since he was denied a move away.

Broony can not carry or cover it all but effectively that's been his task in too many matches. Teams saw this and sussed our weakness- just press Broony as he has little to no support, just doing that caused the Rodgers game plan to be less or nulled. To be fair to Rodgers he eventually realised and wanted McGinn in who could have covered the defensive central role properly.

Teams will not be able to as easy risk pressing high if we had a genuine defensive midfield team of at least 1 other rock to cover the spaces.
RC can do it all, brave and skilled he was the man by default and not choice who saved Rodgers looking really bad in 2018 autumn
RC's absence shows, we need at least one other genuine rock, so we can then have Calmac and RC in their most effective roles, mostly attacking midfielders creating and opening teams up.
Don't quite go along with the 'like having a man down' claims, but Rogic has been a luxury player too often this season, doubt he will ever have the stamina or fitness to match his skills, but a great player to have for half a match.

Think about what Broony currently has, he has the likes of Toljan and Lustig playing catch up midfielders, or the likes of Ntcham who gives the ball away more than sense and looking like he could not care less since he was denied a transfer.

So will be delighted to see this area sorted first.

Too early to be credibly hoping for any names yet, but credibly optimistic of quality, as Lenny has shown he knows what's needed to sort this area, Kayal & Ledley & even the Mexican Juarez was a star before what ever happened off pitch. skillfull no messing rocks each one.

The kid, Luca Connell, plays defensive midfield or left-back. He's only 18, so he might be a worthwhile signing.

That said, I think most of the names mentioned are wild guesses and clickbait during the down time. No one ever gets the inside track on our dealings at this time; we're not Huns.

I find it a bit distrubing that we're offering Lustig a 2 year deal. Your hearts in your mouth when he runs back or when he jumps for the ball. A great servant no doubt about it and I love the big fella. If we're taking him on again it should include no more than x amount of games a season and a coaching element. A new solid right back and Ralston as deputy will do me just fine.

Members online

Latest posts

Back