Is our defence being systematically raided and what can we do about it?

BILLCOWIE1958

We are all well aware of Arsenal's desire to wrench Keiran Tierney from our grasp
The North London Club seem intent on taking probably our most prized asset to the Emirates but seem to be unwilling or unable to pay the asking price demanded by Celtic and with only 6 days before the English Transfer Window slams shut I'm hoping that we can retain the services of our LB and self confessed Celtic fan until at least next summer when his stock and value should have risen even further

It is emerging from various sources that Italian giants Milan are considering making a move for our 21 year old Norwegian colossus Kristopher Ajer They seem to be swithering between him and Liverpool's Dejan Lovren although the latter's hefty wages and £15 mill asking price could make Ajer their preferred option

While we continue to strive towards the Promised Land of CL Group Stage qualification I really hope that any offer for our Midfielder cum Centre Back cum Right Back is given short shrift

Every player has his price and although I'm not party to how much Milan may be prepared to offer for Ajer I believe Celtic would be selling KT far short of his true value if he was traded to Arsenal for £25 mill

Both Ajer and KT are on extended contracts and at 21 and 22 years old respectively what is the rush to sell either? Unless the Club's Bank balance affects our CEO's bonus potential of course then things would become more apparent

If retaining their services for AT LEAST another season opens up avenues to a cash stream of £30 Mill plus to our Club through CL inclusion then surely we must do all we can to ensure this is safely negotiated

If we consider ourselves to be a BIG Club in world football A MAJOR player and harbour aspirations not to be considered as minnows and also rans or a great 'go to' Wholesale operation for cheap quality footballers then just say 'NO' to any unwelcome suitors especially if they fail to meet realistic values for our assets

We have the stadium the support the cash and the players for us to move to the next level in Europe and also blow domestic opponents out of the water AD INFINITUM

If we start qualifying consistently for CL Group Stages and beyond then possibly new recruits who we have gone after and failed to entice for whatever reason might begin to consider Celtic as a good career choice and come to the party

Let's stand up for ourselves If we are going to be a 'Selling Club' that's fine but let's get the true value and more for our assets

HH?

Last edited:
Good post. You’re right we have the potential to move up a level in Europe and dominate at home for years. The only fly in that ointment to me is Lawell and his perma reluctance to invest those resources you rightly mention we have.

Yet again we are going into the season with only half the players we were told we were after. 3rd round of the CL, a tournament that practically ensures that domination and the three additional players Lenny wanted in are still wherever they are instead of in the squad.

This attitude of let’s hope we have enough drives me to despair and horrific anger at what I believe is being led by a risk averse shitebag.

Going for 9 and CL money and he still fucks about and dithers, giving hope to all our enemies.

Big Chris, writing this morning is bang on. Once again we hope. Once again we stall when we have the money to bring in the “quality” we are always promised. Lawell for me is Sevco’s ace card. I have said for years that Sevco Woukd never fuck us up, but Lawell could. He nearly pulled it off last year. Chris opinion is if we fail through not doing enough, then both Lenny and him will come in for calls to go. Lenny would resign, I have no doubt if that as it would be a matter of honour. Lawell? I can’t see him doing the honourable thing with £2.3m bonuses in the pipeline if he keeps the bank balance looking good on a spreadsheet rather than looking good on the park.

I said it after Rogers left. Our problem isn’t Rogers going, it’s Lawell staying. As long as he follows his timourous beastie heart we will never make the move up we all know is within our grasp.

I said earlier in the window that if we went for it and it just didn’t work I would at least be happy we went in tooled up and as good as we could have been. Shit happens. My anger comes from complacency and a lack of courage by those who lead us and their addiction to low cost hope.

Ask yourself this.

If Sevco were in our financial and squad position, would they be going cheap? Would they be entering the 3rd round without the players Slippy had said he needed to secure £60m in the CL and 9iar? If you answer anything other than, would they fuck, you’re lying to yourself.

We go today with two new players. One has had a very uninspiring start, the other we haven’t a clue but once again need to hope is good. If anybody tries to tell me that’s the way to ensure we move up in Europe and all but guarantee 9, then I’m afraid I will have to advise you to jog on.

Lawell better either grow a pair and realise you don’t move up without investing that money he keeps in his file under Bonus. Or use up more of the hope he has been fucking us up for years with.

If we fall this year because he used hope rather than investment he needs sacked.

I just might be in the vanguard of the mob, for it will be a mob, that demands he is chased.

Anyway, let’s hope yet again we have enough. I would much prefer we knew we did, especially in the CL. That is the key. We are good enough for that stage we slaughter Sevco.

Maybe one day we will have a warrior leading us rather than a fucking bookkeeper. I can but dream.

This Board thinks more about money rather than glory in the last 70yrs I've filled celtic all the boards have been poor thinking only of themselves current board too many many Tories need mix of top professional Business men and traditional board who always put club first and not money

Members online

Latest posts

Back