IS The injury to Starfelt a cause for concern?

John nó

One of our favourite subjects is talking about starfelt, and I'm hoping that this injury isn't to serious, yet our luck with hamstring injuries hasn't been exactly very kind to us last season.
If we could be looking at a potential 3 month absence, should we have reason to be concerned?
I have myself at the moment, opinions please

One of our favourite subjects is talking about starfelt, and I'm hoping that this injury isn't to serious, yet our luck with hamstring injuries hasn't been exactly very kind to us last season.
If we could be looking at a potential 3 month absence, should we have reason to be concerned?
I have myself at the moment, opinions please
From what I'm reading John it could be a concern as I see he actually came off the field on a stretcher.
It's a waiting game as always when it's a hammy...Will await the update.
But does focus the fact that we require to strengthen that central defender position regardless of Carter-Vickers signing.
I will say this ....if this had happened with 4 weeks to go in the season it would have been a major concern imo highlighting his contribution.

From what I'm reading John it could be a concern as I see he actually came off the field on a stretcher.
It's a waiting game as always when it's a hammy...Will await the update.
But does focus the fact that we require to strengthen that central defender position regardless of Carter-Vickers signing.
I will say this ....if this had happened with 4 weeks to go in the season it would have been a major concern imo highlighting his contribution.
Very true mag 7 and possibly adds a bit more pressure now to actually get this potential deal for CCV tied up ASAP.
Still could eat more so into our transfer budget if we get Jota as well, with potentially having to spend bigger now for another CB if starfelt is missing for a length of time.
Still the unanswered question remains as to weather Jules or scales could step up as Welsh doesn't seem like a player Ange would particularly like to use for any length of time imo.

Very true mag 7 and possibly adds a bit more pressure now to actually get this potential deal for CCV tied up ASAP.
Still could eat more so into our transfer budget if we get Jota as well, with potentially having to spend bigger now for another CB if starfelt is missing for a length of time.
Still the unanswered question remains as to weather Jules or scales could step up as Welsh doesn't seem like a player Ange would particularly like to use for any length of time imo.
Desperate to get the CCV signing over the line John still unsure if it will happen though.. Scales didn't do a lot wrong and pretty much untried in the centre but not sure Ange sees either him or Julienne as part of his rebuild mark 2. I don't want to write off young Welsh but he's got alot to do to get into the frame.
I actually think we need two centre backs with maybe Jules moving on and Welsh potenially going out on Loan with the lad Dane Murray and the big O hopefully pushing on this year from the B team as back up.

Desperate to get the CCV signing over the line John still unsure if it will happen though.. Scales didn't do a lot wrong and pretty much untried in the centre but not sure Ange sees either him or Julienne as part of his rebuild mark 2. I don't want to write off young Welsh but he's got alot to do to get into the frame.
I actually think we need two centre backs with maybe Jules moving on and Welsh potenially going out on Loan with the lad Dane Murray and the big O hopefully pushing on this year from the B team as back up.
Would like to think scales has the potential of becoming a decent enough left sided CB and with Dane Murray potentially waiting in the wings would make that position solid enough for potential years to come imo.
So pre season could be massive now and give us a good insight into how good is our coaching staff now, as imo scales should have the ability to adapt to how Ange likes to play and seen nothing to suggest he isn't capable of doing so either, yet I would still feel more comfortable with starfelt in the position even if its still not his best position within the team still imo.

I like Scales. The team were on a run and mostly stayed fit at the back.
If your cbs are fit not leaking too many goals (heart attacks in the stands and on couches aside) you have to stick.
The effort from lb and rb and everyone infront was staggering. Took the heat off.

Jullien in his mind injured himself for the cause. The Chip on his shoulder or whatever it was didn't sit well with Ange and didn't play.

(French media no way back interview)
Jullien stated firmly he was fit. Stated firmly he hasn't had mins, demanded mins or he would be off.
Said our manager prefers playing a dm at CB?

Right Celtic stat meisters, question time...
Has Jullien been on the bench when McCarthy or NB have been brought on? Have they played cb or what?

If it was once. Were we ahead dominating and went one short at the back?
Was that the dummy? Did Jules pick up the dummy and throw it at Ange later?
"Git to fack mate" might have been a thought speech bubble in the gaffers napper. Who knows?

I'm scratching my heed at that statement.

There isn't really any ambiguity in his statement to the French media and that hasn't missed. The lads back Ange. If Jules doesn't then he has to go.

Is Jules as brave as ccv or starlord?
No. Better player than starlord yes.

We have seen before how well petulant Frenchman get on when the rubber hits the road...taxi to the airport is the usual.

Most of the French people I have worked with or known that were brilliant have been moaning feckers.
They love it. It's their patter.

I would like him to stay.

Get CCV official first ffs

Need a bridge built before we can talk about pairing up anyone with anyone and skipping over the water

Last edited:
would be just our luck to have starfelt out for the season and ccv moves on to pastures new
Not a musical note in my head, Kelly. But "We shall overcome" is ringing in it. With confidence. Hope the lad will be ok. He has grown on me. But I have no doubt Ange will do the right thing. Get him properly rehabilitated first, and then back fighting for his place. That's what happened with Turnbull and Kyogo. Big question for me is, has Julien the balls now to hang around and really fight for his place? Personally I doubt it. There is a footballer in there, but I think he is powder puff. I hope he proves me wrong. 👍

I like Scales. The team were on a run and mostly stayed fit at the back.
If your cbs are fit not leaking too many goals (heart attacks in the stands and on couches aside) you have to stick.
The effort from lb and rb and everyone infront was staggering. Took the heat off.

Jullien in his mind injured himself for the cause. The Chip on his shoulder or whatever it was didn't sit well with Ange and didn't play.

(French media no way back interview)
Jullien stated firmly he was fit. Stated firmly he hasn't had mins, demanded mins or he would be off.
Said our manager prefers playing a dm at CB?

Right Celtic stat meisters, question time...
Has Jullien been on the bench when McCarthy or NB have been brought on? Have they played cb or what?

If it was once. Were we ahead dominating and went one short at the back?
Was that the dummy? Did Jules pick up the dummy and throw it at Ange later?
"Git to fack mate" might have been a thought speech bubble in the gaffers napper. Who knows?

I'm scratching my heed at that statement.

There isn't really any ambiguity in his statement to the French media and that hasn't missed. The lads back Ange. If Jules doesn't then he has to go.

Is Jules as brave as ccv or starlord?
No. Better player than starlord yes.

We have seen before how well petulant Frenchman get on when the rubber hits the road...taxi to the airport is the usual.

Most of the French people I have worked with or known that were brilliant have been moaning feckers.
They love it. It's their patter.

I would like him to stay.

Get CCV official first ffs

Need a bridge built before we can talk about pairing up anyone with anyone and skipping over the water
Was a big fan of Jules before his injury and a potential candidate for the Captain's armband after broony imo BBB.
But the injury happened and the question was always going to be is how he was going to fare upon his return?
Now we only seen a cameo 20 minutes, but even in that time he looked very slow imo.
Ange style of play calls upon speed and if Jules has lost that now then its of no surprise he isn't featuring in Ange's teamsheets either.
Running off to the press and moaning about it, has possibly burnt his bridges at the club, but wouldn't hold that against him either.
If Ange thinks he has something to offer the team then fair enough and will be happy enough to see it, gut feeling is telling me different mind you, and if he's lost his pace then the door awaits him sadly imo.

Back