Ismaila Soro

Celtic Ghostie

Happy new Year folks. One of todays blogs suggested that we may regret the sale of Soro and I had to agree. I think Ange has sussed our contaminated wee league more quickly than we expected and because Soro is a very combative player he is a tailor made excuse for a quick card which renders him ineffective. I believe the wee guy is in the same mould as Kante and will go to the top in a league with unbiased officials so I hope Celtic do not let him go cheap and include a hefty sell on.🍀🍀🍀

Happy new Year folks. One of todays blogs suggested that we may regret the sale of Soro and I had to agree. I think Ange has sussed our contaminated wee league more quickly than we expected and because Soro is a very combative player he is a tailor made excuse for a quick card which renders him ineffective. I believe the wee guy is in the same mould as Kante and will go to the top in a league with unbiased officials so I hope Celtic do not let him go cheap and include a hefty sell on.🍀🍀🍀
Agree bud think there’s a player in there but sadly our Mibbs have sussed him quicker
They know who to book quickly.
Hell do well and develop with a league that is well run without the Bigotry and Orangery to hinder him.

HH 🍀

Sorry to disagree on this one - from what I've seen the guy doesn't know how to tackle he commits a foul almost every time he puts one in and in this case it's nothing to do with the MIB.
I wish him well for the future however I agree with Ange that his future will be best served elsewhere.

He's been everything that was in his youtube videos before we bought him ,the bit they didn't put in was his collection of silly bookings and giving the ball away

a liked the player thought if he calmed it down and some proper coaching he would be great ,,,,,but naw he's still the same

I actually liked Soro as a player and could never fault his commitment to us, especially last season.
Thought he was potentially going to become a big player for us this season before Ange came along.
Since Ange came along, he has bought about a totally different outlook upon how he wants us to play, especially with the quality of players to do so, and sorry but Soro just no longer fits into that glove.
Still believe he has a future within the game but sadly not at the level Ange is trying to take us to, however I would wish him all the best in his future elsewhere

I really liked the guy. When he was finally given a chance he came in and played really well for us as he increased the tempo and energy levels in the middle of the park.

Then I thought he was treated pretty poorly by being dumped when he was playing so well and yet the couldn't-care-less want-aways continued yo be selected for every fecking game!

Then whenever he was brought on I thought he was trying too hard and it never seemed to dawn on him that he couldn't go charging into challenges like our opponents do to us all the time without being booked.

Soro has the same style as Kante but is a couple of levels below. Obviously Ange doesn't fancy him as a player so I'll wish him the best in his career which will be at another club now. Thanks & good luck. HH

The one thing I do fail to still understand is that I would still rate Soro to be more suitable for the style of play Ange is looking for, more so than Mccarthy, and even a better tempo than Bitton imo, so can only be his use of the football that Ange can't rate to highly and can't seem to trust him to highly, and the betis away game in the europa league didn't help his cause either, sadly

He's a wee battler in midfield. I liked the guy he wasn't afraid to mix it but always came of the wrong side of the tackles I think the colour of his jersey had a lot to do with that.if ange is moving him on I can't argue with that as he knows what he's looking for in that position.I'd wish him well if he does leave.but if ange does decide to hold on to him good.

The one thing I do fail to still understand is that I would still rate Soro to be more suitable for the style of play Ange is looking for, more so than Mccarthy, and even a better tempo than Bitton imo, so can only be his use of the football that Ange can't rate to highly and can't seem to trust him to highly, and the betis away game in the europa league didn't help his cause either, sadly
I totally agree John no. I thought Soro would really fit Ange's high energy/high tempo style so would kick on leaps and bounds this season but it wasn't to be. Somehow McCarthy is selected before him who plays at a much slower tempo so I can only assume he is not doing it in training.

When you see what some of Soro's bookings from the MIBs were for and compare them to the studs up fouls by Arobo, etc that went unpunished, tgen it is a joke.

I loved his enthusiasm and that he got stuck in so if he does stay and turn it around to be a success at Celtic then I'll be delighted, but I doubt it will happen now.

Aye, a good player, but not suited for 100mph football played in Scotland, think he will do well in MLS as the pace of the game is slower.

Pity the wee guy didn't get some decent coaching on the pace of the game, timing his tackles & if yee wear the Hoops, you don't get 2or3 tackles.in before getting booked aff the goat fucker of a MIB.

Agree bud think there’s a player in there but sadly our Mibbs have sussed him quicker
They know who to book quickly.
Hell do well and develop with a league that is well run without the Bigotry and Orangery to hinder him.

HH 🍀
Why do u think virtually every player we do sell on proves this? Its because the MiB in other leagues have no agenda therefor players like Soro can express themselves and flourish.

I like the wee man. Hes way better than McCarthy. I think he has been harshly treated. I would like to see him loaned out for the rest of the season and get some game time and have him come back next year to fight for his place.
Doesn't look like that's gonna happen though.
I'd have tried including Soro & Mikey J on loan to Hibs for 6 months along with the Liam Henderson deal. And we'd buy Boyle for £1.5m (not only is £3m too much but he will have no resale value).

I know these types of deals are very to close as there are 2 clubs, 4 players and 4 agents that all need to agree, but I think we'd be better off if we could have made it happen!

I'd have tried including Soro & Mikey J on loan to Hibs for 6 months along with the Liam Henderson deal. And we'd buy Boyle for £1.5m (not only is £3m too much but he will have no resale value).

I know these types of deals are very to close as there are 2 clubs, 4 players and 4 agents that all need to agree, but I think we'd be better off if we could have made it happen!
Not a bad idea. Ange :unsure:

I think he can still be useful. I would loan him out to a primarily defensive minded manager / team. He would have to learn how to defend properly without tackling, effective covering, when and how to tackle properly, concentration and focus. Many of his bookings are impetuous after losing the ball. Silly tackles into the back etc.

It's his lack of football intelligence that has seen him drop out of Ange plans.

Is it possible he just isn't taking on the coaching advise, learning and putting it into action?

I like Soro. He as plenty of the necessary attributes. Problem is he gets drawn in by just about any opponent. We aren't talking about tricky wingers.
Bang average players can nick a foul because of his decision making and not keeping himself sharp and aware.

Simple things like charging in at pace when there is no danger. All his opposite has to do is stop and Soro bundles into him.
I've seen him do the headless chicken routine - darting about everywhere not keeping any shape or line.

Most of our games we only need one guy in a DM slot.
Soro doesn't seem switched on enough to play that role for us.

A dm should be able to play 90mins if fit.
When Soro gets his obligatory yellow - I'm heart in mouth till he is subbed.

That is a sub that could/should be used for an attacking player.

It's a shame. I like his attitude. I think he has talent.
100% he will have been told to address the concerns noted above by NL & AP.

He hasn't improved in that area so he isn't trusted.
It's a pity as on paper he ticks a lot of the boxes

Members online

Back