Jack Hendry

He was a big no nonsense centre back, ideal to play alongside a creative driving partner but I think Brendan tried to convert him into big Virgil too soon and his confidence suffered. Look at young Welsh. smashing young defender,good anticipation, tough as old boots but as soon as he moves forward he hasn't the confidence yet and wants to get shot of the ball to the closest Celtic player but that faith in himself will come if WE give him time. I am hopeful that big Jack has found that faith in himself now during his travels. ( He's found something because thats a fourth english championship club considering a bid
A no nonsense cente back?Isthis the same Jack Hendry we're talkin about or are you trippin mate

I would like to see the lad given another opportunity. He took a bashing while at us. Clearly his confidence was blown.
But for me, he has shown determination, perseverance and resilience to keep going, learn and rebuild his career. He clearly didn't crumble and accept his fate.
I like those traits in a young lad. Especially in a defender. Also a regular run of winning games will have helped. For me he is worth a look at again.

Siuppose he is our player to try out, stranger things have happened with young players.

He is Boab and if the new manager wants to give him another shot then that's his prerogative I suppose but I cannae see young Hendry as a mainstay at CB for us. Could be wrong though, certainly wouldnae be the first time. 🤨

For me though young Welsh already looks like a far better prospect than Hendry ever did and if any youngster should be getting a shot at nailing down that position it should be him imo.

He is Boab and if the new manager wants to give him another shot then that's his prerogative I suppose but I cannae see young Hendry as a mainstay at CB for us. Could be wrong though, certainly wouldnae be the first time. 🤨

For me though young Welsh already looks like a far better prospect than Hendry ever did and if any youngster should be getting a shot at nailing down that position it should be him imo.
With Anne Budges prediction of no fans back in maybe a year from now, might be a lot of adjusting been considered with clubs, matchday income is a big deal fro clubs, hard to motivate yourself to buy a strip when there is nowhere to go wearing it.
Who also wants memory dvd's of matches with no atmosphere, merchandise is usually purchased on a moment of madness when in attendance and full of buckie. Pies etc, hospitality packages.

I’d give him a year extension on his contract and let him prove he’s blossomed as a player in his time in Belgium, which to be fair I think he has. May be some similarity to Corpus who took a while, and a loan move, to settle in.
We have quite a turnover of players coming so maybe giving someone like him a second look may not be the worst thing in the world.

And on the same theme above - I’ll put my tin hat on now to protect from the flak that’s about to land 😁 - I’d maybe do the same with Ntcham.
He is a player but hasn’t shown up recently - but maybe the bruising experience he is having in France - might motivate him back at us next season?
Just a thought

Incoming!!!!...........

And on the same theme above - I’ll put my tin hat on now to protect from the flak that’s about to land 😁 - I’d maybe do the same with Ntcham.
He is a player but hasn’t shown up recently - but maybe the bruising experience he is having in France - might motivate him back at us next season?
Just a thought

Incoming!!!!...........
There is no doubt in my mind that Ntcham has a lot of potential but it was his application and shit attitude that let him (and us) down in the last year or two. Maybe this so-far failed experience in France will teach him that the grass maybe isn't greener elsewhere and maybe we are the highest level his overall skillset will take him.

He then might come back with a completely different attitude and determined to make the most of his time here and start playing as well as he is capable of - even then, I not sure all of our fans will ever trust or fully support him. Or he may just return from France in an even bigger huff and sit sulking on the sidelines stealing a wage.

There is no doubt in my mind that Ntcham has a lot of potential but it was his application and shit attitude that let him (and us) down in the last year or two. Maybe this so-far failed experience in France will teach him that the grass maybe isn't greener elsewhere and maybe we are the highest level his overall skillset will take him.

He then might come back with a completely different attitude and determined to make the most of his time here and start playing as well as he is capable of - even then, I not sure all of our fans will ever trust or fully support him. Or he may just return from France in an even bigger huff and sit sulking on the sidelines stealing a wage.
Shades of Boyata with NtCham, think the money is the God with these guys and the agents are tadgers and will punt them to anyone.

Ntcham continues his good form. Unfortunately they wont buy him.....http://sportwitness.co.uk/unacceptable-celtic-man-handed-110-rating-taken-off-ht-didnt-bring-anything-table/

Last edited:
I can see Hendry, and Bolingoli, returning for pre season under the new manager (assuming we have one by then). They'll get a chance and probably play in the CL qualifier(s).
Welsh and Taylor are the only 2 defenders who'll definitely still be there from the current squad so bringing those 2 back is a certainty in terms of numbers if nothing else.

Back