Jackie McNamara

tommybhoy8881

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to game tonight🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿also good score yesterday for the republic🇮🇪anyway I've been watching old highlights of Celtic in the 90s and early 00s recently and I think wee Jackie McNamara was so underrated for Celtic when we stopped the 10 he was player of the year then the Seville season he was voted player of the year again....what's everyone's thoughts on Jackie or other players back then who maybe didn't get the same credit like king Henrik or lubo etc received

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to game tonight🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿also good score yesterday for the republic🇮🇪anyway I've been watching old highlights of Celtic in the 90s and early 00s recently and I think wee Jackie McNamara was so underrated for Celtic when we stopped the 10 he was player of the year then the Seville season he was voted player of the year again....what's everyone's thoughts on Jackie or other players back then who maybe didn't get the same credit like king Henrik or lubo etc received
Easy answer from me tommybhoy....I'm a pure sook......totally agree with ever word of your post. Loved the man !

From what I have read or heard, he wasn't treated as well by Celtic at the end of his time here as he should have been for his contribution.

Well I confess to being not a happy tim when he swapped Celtic ( captaincy I think) for wolves.

I admit I knew little of the background to it .
As a player for us yes but leaving us for wolves no.

That's the game though then and today but not all players buy into the I can make 200kpyr extra on top of my £1 million pyr in Scotland down south , I'm positive calmac would see his wages quadrebled pun intented should he move south which he's never going to until he becomes a manager like broony as this is all hypothetical 😛

From what I have read or heard, he wasn't treated as well by Celtic at the end of his time here as he should have been for his contribution.
I remember going to his testimonial we had family friends from Dublin who came over and stayed for the game and we missed the national anthem because my step dad and his mate from crumlin wouldn't leave the pub in the gallowgate 😂was full house tho then he moved to wolves

Was a fantastic player the amount of times he would clear a certain goal or make a last ditch tackle in a game was ridiculous
His engine was amazing end to end as I said fantastic player. Great servant for Celtic. pretty sure he wanted to stay but the club didn’t want to pay him to stay.
But know he was shoite at Golf better swing in a condemned playground
But Jackie was a gent never said no when he was approached by anyone.
All round good guy

HH JMac👏

Members online

Latest posts

Back