janefield street

patmeech

once again whitewash I think quite a few older fans will remember the cops charging up Jane field street on horseback attacking fans one who ended up in a wheelchair of course the whitewash cleared them surprised so I'm not surprised about there latest inquiry result .there inquiries all end in one result anybody but them to blame

once again whitewash I think quite a few older fans will remember the cops charging up Jane field street on horseback attacking fans one who ended up in a wheelchair of course the whitewash cleared them surprised so I'm not surprised about there latest inquiry result .there inquiries all end in one result anybody but them to blame
Hail Hail pat, never forget! "we brought in ourselves"

They nearly trampled me years ago on horseback cause they couldnt organise a piss-up in a brewery and had the huns congregated across from the oak bar.

Huns who gave me dogs abuse n got it right fkn back then a boot on the horse wilemenia to the billy’s rescue.

Oh a hate the fks. Always have always will.

Brother in law not allowed in my gaff either.

Crispy bacon.

Yep that seemed like and eternity ago ,but, remember it well i was in the Celtic end were the big pylon was near the Janefield St corner flag.

I was caught up in that fucking disgrace and to make matters worse, I was with my mates sister, so it wasn’t even every man for themselves. The wee walls at the side collapsed and I couldn’t believe no one died. Anybody who had ever been to a big game knew how much of a crush it was leaving when the houses were still there. To give the order for five horses abreast to charge through that was an utter scandal. I can’t remember anyone getting disciplined either. Work that fucking one out. Oh wait, it was only Celtic fans, nothing to see.

No fucking riot. There wasn’t room to turn around never mind riot.
People pinned against the graveyard wall that is still there to this day even under the new stand.Janefield street was one of the narrowest streets leading into the turnstyles and when the big games were taking place you are right you had no choice what way you were going once you joined the crowd, no turning back.

People pinned against the graveyard wall that is still there to this day even under the new stand.Janefield street was one of the narrowest streets leading into the turnstyles and when the big games were taking place you are right you had no choice what way you were going once you joined the crowd, no turning back.

You could lift your feet off the ground and still move forward. It was scary as fuck looking back and at anytime something serious could have happened, add in horses charging and that is an act that could only lead to casualties. It was an act of violence against countless innocent people, even if there was a riot. Which of course there wasn’t. Utter bastards. I only hope that the officer in charge was later thrown from his mount and landed under a fucking bus.

easyJambo 7th March 2019 at 11:45

sannoffymesssoitizz 7th March 2019 at 11:35
A short quote:
Following Glasgow Rangers FC entering administration and their subsequent liquidation, the (sic new) club re-entered Scottish football in the fourth tier (third division) for the 2012/13 season. This served to shine a spotlight on safety practices down the leagues and in different localities. The potential issues this experience highlighted caused concern among a number of Scottish football stakeholders including Police Scotland (from 2013), FSOAS and SPFL who recognised the vast majority of football stadiums Rangers would play at were small and not used to receiving the huge numbers of fans Rangers invariably attracted.
The review was alarmed to learn of serious safety issues, which were evident at a number of Rangers matches across the years they spent climbing from the third division back to the top flight. These
issues included (but are not limited to):
• Deliberately selling more tickets than their stadium capacity
• Erecting unsafe scaffolding as terracing for the large numbers of away fans
• Old safety certificates being altered to increase stadium capacity
• Safety certificates where approved stand capacities did not add up
• Tickets sold for areas of a ground that did not exist or were inaccessible

What a night that was, Huns game Wednesday night as I remember. Fighting the polis all the way back up the Gallowgate and scaring the shite oot them. They got their retribution in the next few big games as I recall. Bizarrely I remember Ian Fergushun driving up Janefirld St in a white XR3i the next hun game (I think he live in Barrowfield) nearly causing a repeat of the riot.

Back