January Rumours - Merged

The way Taylor is being treated makes me think he was not a Lenny signing..but I think the Bhoy deserves a chance to show us what he can do.
We know what we have in Bolingoli and Johnny,so lets see what Taylor has to offer we owe him that much..

HH.
I think Taylor needs a strong experienced left sided player in front of him till he is established.

And likewise I think Mikey j needs a strong experienced lb behind him.

Both at same time leaves left very inexperienced

Think that's why Hayes getting game time since Boli still not settled either.

Well thats my guess as to why Taylor isn't getting nod with Mikey at same time unless needed through injury.

likewise forrest in front of frimpong but in my eyes forrest hasn't really been on good form last month, was better last game with Bauer so maybe he doing more than meets my eye when frimpong on?

We can't wait until players get up to speed. They can do that as subs. We need a LB fit for purpose. Ready to play well, defend and pose an attacking threat. I think Taylor may improve, but we can't lose the fucking league when we all know, right now, he or more so Boli are nowhere near good enough.

Young Mickey is an exceptionally technically gifted player. He is also shy of ten stone. In a hectic game he is not physically equipped to cope. Against Sevco he was a man down. I agree with TET that Forrest has dropped of the firm.scale these last eight weeks. Against Sevco he was probably the least effective player we had. Truly fucking woeful. He needs competition and dropped. Lenny won't okay Shved so he plays the hope card with Forrest. If a new signing had put in such a cowardly display, we would want him run out the club, never mind benched.

His whole career has been one of abject inconsistency. His final baw a joke. That's why there are no songs for him. He is supposed to be one of our top players. Well half a season does not a top player make.

Get Shved in, get a LB and a centre half and we move forward, if they aren't out of a fucking lucky bag.

They blinked yesterday, we get in another couple of players with skill and bottle and we can run over the top of them.

I actually think we will. Everybody knows that if the board fuck this up and we lose the league because we wouldn't invest, they had better fucking emigrate to Chad en masse.

I know people in Chad so probably somewhere further away.

I heard the Moon is lovely. Just get it done FFS Celtic.

Not a chance in hell we'll be signing a LB in this window and neither we should be.

Boli was getting slaughtered from the minute he set foot in the door, is it any wonder the bhoy's performances have been a bit erratic, hardly a confidence booster when fans are writing you off after 5 mins. As for Taylor, I'll admit I wasn't keen on signing him but the bhoy has barely had a sniff. He's in for one game and then out the next, how can he be expected to impress if he isn't allowed the time to bed in.

No point buying a new LB when we don't even give the ones we have a fair crack at it. In fact Lenny's constant tinkering with the whole back line over the last few months has become infuriating, in the last 2 games especially they've looked all over the shop. Maybe it's not new players we need maybe it's a new defensive coach!

Last edited:
Not a chance in hell we'll be signing a LB in this window and neither we should be.

Boli was getting slaughtered from the minute he set foot in the door, is it any wonder the bhoy's performances have been a bit erratic, hardly a confidence booster when fans are righting you off after 5 mins. As for Taylor, I'll admit I wasn't keen on signing him but the bhoy has barely had a sniff. He's in for one game and then out the next, how can he be expected to impress if he isn't allowed the time to bed in.

No point buying a new LB when we don't even give the ones we have a fair crack at it. In fact Lenny's constant tinkering with the whole back line over the last few months has become infuriating, in the last 2 games especially they've looked all over the shop. Maybe it's not new players we need maybe it's a new defensive coach!
We need one or the other. My worry is we need it sorted now or we could fuck up ten. That to me is a bridge too far.

As for Boli. He isn't a defender, he causes heart attacks with passing. He's getting paid good money to be s player. He is not a wean he needs to improve vastly. Taylor is a better defender, but my cat is a better defender than Boli. He may get better, but when? Boli has ability but not enough to hold a jersey anywhere in the team.

Better coaches I would support.

We need one or the other. My worry is we need it sorted now or we could fuck up ten. That to me is a bridge too far.

As for Boli. He isn't a defender, he causes heart attacks with passing. He's getting paid good money to be s player. He is not a wean he needs to improve vastly. Taylor is a better defender, but my cat is a better defender than Boli. He may get better, but when? Boli has ability but not enough to hold a jersey anywhere in the team.

What's your cat called? 😺
Agree, Boli can't defend and so far looks a waste of money.

Only fault i can pick with Taylor is his end product ,he's a good old fashioned defender and get's everything right except the final ball

We tend to mess about with the back line to much no wonder the players are scratchin their heads wonderin what the hells goin on

Last edited by a moderator:

Boli was getting slaughtered from the minute he set foot in the door, is it any wonder the bhoy's performances have been a bit erratic, hardly a confidence booster when fans are righting you off after 5 mins. As for Taylor, I'll admit I wasn't keen on signing him but the bhoy has barely had a sniff. He's in for one game and then out the next, how can he be expected to impress if he isn't allowed the time to bed in.

John Kennedy is meant to be our defensive coach, but I have doubted his ability to form a cohesive structured defense that fully understand what there meant to be doin.
I just think they look porous and shakey alot of the time. They never fill me with confidence. Hopefully he can turn it around, maybe sign an experienced no nonsense CB in the mould of Shane Duffy which could help.

we dont need another centre half... Ajer is still young and leaning his trade but him and big julie look very promising together...when hammed had to move in to centre half at ibrox, he looked the part, jozo if hes fit and more importantly, match fit ,is a player ..Biton has shown he can play there.. we are well covered there...maybe we need a Paul Telferesque left back in there in the short term until Taylor gets up to speed and settles in at a club of our size..theres a definately the makings of a good player there
Striker? i think we are ok in the front of the park too..very strong in fact...Johnson, griffiths,Bayo, polish guy, eddie, forrest, elyanousi, Shved, the young guys, Dembele and Oko Flex..very flexible in there with lots of goals in them...midfield is strong, brown Calum, Rogic, Bitton, Ntcham, Soro, Christie..even the lads Robertson and Henderson could slot in there

We are very well stocked to do another treble and advance in Europe if Lenny is canny and injuries are kind

Careful TV, any mare of that and Lawell will be trying to sign up yer cat ;)

Aye I agree Taylor is a better defender than Boli but Boli has better attacking attributes than Taylor therefore Lenny needs to decide whit he wants from a left back and stick with one or the other. I'd love to see us sign the calibre of player that can defend as well as attack but I don't see the board parting with the cash for that type of player so why bring in yet another LB who doesn't solve the problem and ends up sitting next to Boli and Taylor on the bench while Lenny continues to opt for Hayes.

You know as well as I do TV our back line has been erratic for years no matter who has played there so maybe it's time we went out and got ourselves a defensive coach who can improve the players we have instead of this continuous turnaround of personnel at the back (which in itself is a big part of the problem and has cost us an absolute fortune).

HH (y)

Think Boli would be better if we play a back 3, if we play a back 4, Taylor should get a chance. 🍺

Only fault i can pick with Taylor is his end product ,he's a good old fashioned defender and get's everything right except the final ball

We tend to mess about with the back line to much no wonder the players are scratchin their heads wonderin what the hells goin on

Maybe the answer is to play Taylor at LB and Boli on the LW. Taylor is more defensively minded and Boli is more attack minded, allows both to play to their strengths.

Members online

Latest posts

Back