Jinky Remembered

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Memories lots of memories from watching him play at Blantyre Celtic to the Euro cup final 1967 and the many games in between and after,his style of play was brilliant you did not know what he was going to do next with his twisting and turning he was a defenders nightmare the goals he scored lifted the roof not only at Parkhead but at Hampden and around the league there was only one way to stop jinky but you had to catch him first,I can see him now pretending that the ball was to far ahead of him to catch turn round to walk back and as soon as the defender turned away he was gone collect the ball and cross it over towards the goal used to drive defenders mad happy birthday wee man

And Birthday wishes to Luggy from Cairney...

Jinky was exactly that. An entertainer. A showman. I was lucky enough to see him play. My fucking hero and i was lucky enough to be on the same pitch as him for a short time. He was a guest training for the day and coincidently i was training too. He was past his best by then but he had an aura about him. Bigg Roddy MacDonald was standing next to me andabout to swing rapidly at 5 balls on the edge of the box. None of them were on target lol. Jinky strolled over and said" move over big man and I'll show you how to do it". Scored with all 5😂. I scored 3😁. A fucking genius of the like we shall never see again. I mean who else would dribble past 4 players and wait for them to do them again.? A magician. God Bless🍀

Watched him towards the end of his Celtic career he was such a huge personality on the pitch and his skills dribbling were an art form never to be seen again

You kicked him , he came back at you socks down and a determenation to rip the piss right out you as many a defender found to his cost

This for me was an honour no other footballer from another team could ever get in there lifetime and that was to have the Bernabeu on their feet chanting his every pass

Members online

Latest posts

Back