Jock Stein Reimagined

67ItHoL

Listening to his every word since he came in, it reminds me of the Great Man's handle of the Scottish Press, no Journalist could ever get the better of the Big Man and Ange has proved to be his equal. We are entering into exciting times with Ange at the helm, my God who would have thought it back in July? The Big Man (Jock) tasted success after just a few months in charge, likewise Ange, we then went on to an incredible run of success culminating in the ultimate prize 2 years later. I'm not suggesting we will ever reach such levels, but what I am suggesting is for the first time in many years we have someone who is a little bit special, someone who recognises who they people are in the stands/terraces, someone who appreciates the size of our Club, someone who will not rest until he gives the success this Club deserves. We have on our hands a Man that was born to lead us, just as Jock was, a Man that understands our Club, a Man that appreciates us as Supporters and a Man that puts Family (Celtic Supporters) & his own, first and foremost. A thoroughly decent Man and a perfect fit, to be called Manager of Glasgow Celtic.

Listening to his every word since he came in, it reminds me of the Great Man's handle of the Scottish Press, no Journalist could ever get the better of the Big Man and Ange has proved to be his equal. We are entering into exciting times with Ange at the helm, my God who would have thought it back in July? The Big Man (Jock) tasted success after just a few months in charge, likewise Ange, we then went on to an incredible run of success culminating in the ultimate prize 2 years later. I'm not suggesting we will ever reach such levels, but what I am suggesting is for the first time in many years we have someone who is a little bit special, someone who recognises who they people are in the stands/terraces, someone who appreciates the size of our Club, someone who will not rest until he gives the success this Club deserves. We have on our hands a Man that was born to lead us, just as Jock was, a Man that understands our Club, a Man that appreciates us as Supporters and a Man that puts Family (Celtic Supporters) & his own, first and foremost. A thoroughly decent Man and a perfect fit, to be called Manager of Glasgow Celtic.
It's very easy to understand why some of us are making comparisons with the greatest manager the Scottish game has ever seen. Ange certainly seems to be cut from the same cloth. Quite apart from his football intelligence, he simply oozes dignity, decency, and humility. His backstory is not a million miles from our forefathers. He truly understands what it means to be from immigrant stock. I feel it's also true to say he gets the absolute uniqueness of this wonderful club of ours. I'm normally a very cautious individual, I try hard not to get too far ahead of myself. But I'm absolutely buzzing. The change in all things Celtic really is unbelievable. I said at the start of Ange's tenure that I thought it was a big ask for him to turn things round, even in TWO seasons. I also said if he won the title at his first attempt, it would take its place as one of the greatest achievements in our history. I still believe that. Difference is, I actually believe it's possible. HH

Reality is its far too soon to be comparing Ange to Jock, one is an unparalleled legend, the other has made a really impressive start.
But ive been seeing similarities between the two men, there's a no nonsense quality about Ange, he doesn't get carried away when things go well, he's calm when it goes wrong, he handles the media beautifully, if they get under his skin he certainly doesn't show it, he just confidently shuts them down when he feels like it. I'd imagine he commands a lot of respect in the dressing room, anyone downing tools or acting the primadonna with him would find themselves out in the cold rather quickly I'd think.
But mostly he's connected with the fans, not with all the bullshit the Snake tried but just with his footballing philosophy and his character. He gets us, we get him, happy days ahead I'm convinced.
Who would swap Ange for Eddie Howe? Anyone, Anyone? šŸ¤”

Great post. Time will tell. Rome wasn't built in a day but the way Ange has started we could build it in half a dayšŸ¤£

Back