Jock Stein RIP.

From the Lanarkshire coalface to the pinnacle of a European champion at the first time of asking as Ceaser would say there's a fairytale about this club

1694363974005.jpeg
Felt the Kellys n whites did the dirty on him towards the end , their was an old picture the day Billy was made manager and jocks face said it all ,,,no need for words

Thanks to Fergus /the board for honouring the great man and for making sure his name is never forgotton

And the fans who sing out at 67mins ,a reminder to the world, of one of the greatest achievments was bringing 11 local lads and winning the biggest prize in european football ,,,,,keeping there memory alive

RiP Jock ,,,you still are the greatest

From the Lanarkshire coalface to the pinnacle of a European champion at the first time of asking as Ceaser would say there's a fairytale about this club

View attachment 23717
Felt the Kellys n whites did the dirty on him towards the end , their was an old picture the day Billy was made manager and jocks face said it all ,,,no need for words

Thanks to Fergus /the board for honouring the great man and for making sure his name is never forgotton

And the fans who sing out at 67mins ,a reminder to the world, of one of the greatest achievments was bringing 11 local lads and winning the biggest prize in european football ,,,,,keeping there memory alive

RiP Jock ,,,you still are the greatest
This is the image i imagine you were thinking of
1694365039750.jpeg

‘Davy it’s fine’ is my favourite quote from Mr Stein. Delivered to Davy Hay when he got a wee bit snotty with me for interrupting when I asked for the great man’s autograph at the 39th Annual Celtic Rally. Roy Aitken was guest of honour and we were there representing Celtic Northern Area Boys Club. 💚 great memory of a great man.

Mr John Jock Stein I thank you for your wonderful service to Celtic Fc.
And also to Scotland.
1967 you brought home big ears with 11 homegrown players.
Your famous quotes
Football without fans is nothing.
But you did get one quote wrong.
We all end up Yesterday’s men in this business you’re very quickly forgotten.

You will be remembered you will not be forgotten.
RIP Jock
Thank you 🙏👏👏👏

HH JS

The man who invented the football played by most of the successful teams today.

RIP Jock.
To true Lennono, they talk about wingbacks Jock had two of the best we called them left and right backs Jim Craig and Tommy Gemmel the sweeper we had the best in John Clarke the midfield in our day outside right and inside right same on the left Bobby Murdoch-Bobby Lennox wee Bertie John Divers and up front the Wee Man himself Jimmy Johnstone with Big Yogi so when they talk about the modern game it was started at Parkhead by a ex Miner Jock Stien missed a few names like Steve Chalmers and one or two others who played the modern game last century in the 60ts. SORRY MISSED OUT BILLY

Last edited:
Back