John Collins opinion of Rod Petrie

Richybhoy

JC had a few things to say about Petrie taking the helm at the SFA in yesterday's Sunday Times, even journalist Douglas Alexander had a few things to say aboot SFA.
" Hibs have a chairman, I'm afraid, who, in my opinion, does not have any real passion and love for football. I like to work for people that love football and care deeply about the game. On that basis, I'm surprised that Rod Petrie has become VP of the SFA and will shortly become president. To stand a chance the country needs a visionary leader. You would like to think that the head of the SFA will be somebody that's knowledgeable about football, passionate about football, loves football, has good communication skills. It's a leadership role, so good leadership qualities. I'm not convinced Rod has these qualities. You can't be in a leadership position if you don't want to talk and debate. Rod is a man of few words on football, perhaps because it's not a subject he is confident talking about"

On Ronnie Deila, " KT will remember him in the right way, RC, Cal Mc, Ajer, all these boys that he gave opportunities to. They'll remember him that's for sure. He's a good man, a gentleman. I can't speak highly enough of him".

On Krisstofer Ajer, " He has a big career in front of him. He was a midfielder and we knew he'd always be a centre half because of his size, but he has that technique and confidence, which will take him far. He's a terrific boy. He was very mature when we first signed him at seventeen, a big personality. A bright boy with a growth mindset, the type who wants to get better, who listens, then asks the right questions".

He would know about Petrie better than anyone, having played and managed at Easter Road. It's unthinkable that that this man is poised to take over at the SFA. Only in Scotland.
Collins went on to say that Henry McLeish spoke very well about Scottish football at an event at the Edinburgh festival. He thought McLeish would do well at the SFA. I don't know enough about Henry Mc Leish to have an opinion about him yet though.
Who would do well for Scottish football at the SFA and serve all clubs instead of just one?
Hail Hail

I don't know where John Collins has been for the past few decades if he thinks that the SFA president should be ''visionary and knowledgeable , passionate about football and a good communicator ''.

I give you Alan McRae ( who ? ) , George Peat ( lord preserve us ! ) , Jack McGinn ( a Celtic man but fails in all of the categories that JC mentions as a must for pres. ).....and now the next in line Rod Petrie , who clearly also fits the criteria to be SFA president - do nothing , say nothing , plan nothing and keep your head down at all times .
A nobody who has and will add nothing to Scottish football , but will get 5-star freebies wherever Scotland plays for the next five years .
And some people wonder what is wrong with our national team ?

Last edited:
Petrie is the guy who took half the tickets for Hampden last season knowing full well he couldn't sell them ...and deprived me and others Celtic fans of attending the game...the result? Big empty spaces at a showpiece Semi final...but he stopped us supporting our team.
He got his wish...and you know what ..HE WAS ALLOWED TO DO IT...only in Scotland would this happen...It was obviously some masonic right of passage,hence his promotion.

Members online

Latest posts

Back