Johnny Hayes urgency and desire on Second Goal.

TET

Read a piece today which highlighted the moment Hayes jumping over barrier to get ball back in play asap, and I agree this was great attitude from Johnny which ultimately lead to Big Julien getting a fine goal.

JH has never let us down when called upon. I love the wee man. Up the Dubs
His attitude is first class, he seems to be enjoying his time at Parkhead also.
Can't speak highly enough of the lad, his hard work and desire are second to none.
Maybe not the most technically gifted player
but his work rate and desire will win most of his battles on the pitch.

Yep agree totally - when you consider that he plays anywhere he's asked and you could see the urgency he had to get that ball back in play (some of our defence should take note). He has arrived with us a bit late but always tries 100% even when not playing well. Thought Big Julien's desperation to make up for losing the goal was also admirable even though he didn't have his best game. Not Taylor or Ajers best day. Johnny H leaping over that wall was class. (y)

Agree Stevie bhoy but sometimes it's just a bit delayed in some players. I thought Taylor would have been punished by a better team, there is no way you can ferry the ball back to the same players so many times. He lacked belief to go past McGowan. Too pedestrian at times. Taylor more of a full back than wing back - didn't suit his game.

Agree Stevie bhoy but sometimes it's just a bit delayed in some players. I thought Taylor would have been punished by a better team, there is no way you can ferry the ball back to the same players so many times. He lacked belief to go past McGowan. Too pedestrian at times. Taylor more of a full back than wing back - didn't suit his game.

Taylor definitely hasn’t convinced, he can’t beat a player rarely gets crosses in and constantly passes backward. With the way we play I’d have Hayes and Bolo in front of him all day long.

In truth it's hard to be too critical of players on a disgraceful pitch like that.....I'd bet there's a few players who do not look forward to playing on such a surface.....and there lies a major psychological hurdle to be overcome.....I hope Hamilton go down simply because of their pitch.....nothing to do with Douglas Park.....honest!

I thought Taylor has been fine but wasn’t having a good game and was shouting at the telly to bring Hayes on instead. Think Hayes deserves a wee run in a 3-5-2 if he’s fit. More natural going forward than Taylor and I like Hayes. Think if he got a run he’d come good, like just before his leg break

We should take a Celtic players urgency forgranted. They have both the honor of wearing the shirt and are well paid.

I'd run through a wall for Celtic or would knock myself out trying. I'm a rubbish footballer, though, so my skills are of little use to Lenny.

Hayes's desire is beyond question. I do find, however, that I cringe at first, second and third touch of a football.

I get people's point. Boli is a more more technically gifted player but he played with the heart of a louse against the zombies in December.

Back