Jojo Simunovic to Ligue 1 (Lile)?

888Greekcelt1888

Major boost for Lile after 72m Arsenal deal , ahead of future bids for Jojo interest according to Daily record.

If you ask me, I don't underestimate Jojo's abilities and potential he has shown, but overall he is overshadowed by his routine of lame displays,
Shiftless defesnive instict of marking players, and his booking tendency.
With Lennon seeking a new defender such as Pavlovic I can't think of trusting Simunovic because he will have no time to play plus he is injury prone.I don't want Ajer being on the bench or waste other players just for Simunovic.Im not blaming Jojo straightforwardly but im thinking practically.I just have my doubts over him because i ve had nightmares watching him in European games in the past except for a few only.
I hope for him to stay though if he can prove himself but that's another story, it goes too far while there is no time for further experiments as we go for European raids and we can't be fooled once again and dropped back by poor defensive quality.We can demand a very high bid as we hold the upper hand in negotiations and then we can shut down Arsenal's talks for Tierney and keep KT home having an extra advantage.

Last edited:
If you ask me, his name is Jozo, not Jojo. But never mind that.

If you have doubts about Jozo, you're obviously not paying attention. Despite a couple of miscues, he's been pretty solid on defense and has shown pretty good instincts. Ask Kenny Miller. Watch the games where he's scored. Also, he's not playing the same position as Ajer, so both of them are on the pitch pretty much at the same time -- in fact Ajer and Simunovic pretty much complement each other on defense.

So you might want to rethink this.

If you have doubts about Jozo, you're obviously not paying attention. Despite a couple of miscues, he's been pretty solid on defense and has shown pretty good instincts. Ask Kenny Miller. Watch the games where he's scored. Also, he's not playing the same position as Ajer, so both of them are on the pitch pretty much at the same time -- in fact Ajer and Simunovic pretty much complement each other on defense.

Posistions are to change when it's needed.Some players will go to bench.As I said i don't bury Simunovic but Im saying I don't trust him because he is being booked in almost every game and not triggered to unleash a good performance on daily basis.He is a liability for me.He is good but he isn't worth of the risk.That's why we are being wiped out every year in Group stages.Try to remember the game against Valencia, it was all of his fault.It was a poor gift for the opposition.Effortless.Try to remember the second leg against Zenit Petersburg.Two of the goals we did concede was because he didn't mark a single player.He is tall but a shorter Zenit player took the headers and Jojo was just observing from afar.Remember against PSG how Jojo granted them a free penalty by pushing violently a player without meaning.Remember Alashkert second leg when he was booked again with a red card from the start.There are so many games including a number of yellow and red cards.It was supposed to improve the defensive issues.Simunovic even defected to his own country when he wasn't recognised by Croatian national team, and he went for Bosnia.Clearly is to be rethinked if we have to spare him bearly another last chance

Last edited:
Posistions are to change when it's needed.Some players will go to bench.As I said i don't bury Simunovic but Im saying I don't trust him because he is being booked in almost every game and not triggered to unleash a good performance on daily basis.He is a liability for me.He is good but he isn't worth of the risk.That's why we are being wiped out every year in Group stages.Try to remember the game against Valencia, it was all of his fault.It was a poor gift for the opposition.Effortless.Try to remember the second leg against Zenit Petersburg.Two of the goals we did concede was because he didn't mark a single player.He is tall but a shorter Zenit player took the headers and Jojo was just observing from afar.Remember against PSG how Jojo granted them a free penalty by pushing violently a player without meaning.Remember Alashkert second leg when he was booked again with a red card from the start.There are so many games including a number of yellow and red cards.It was supposed to improve the defensive issues.Simunovic even defected to his own country when he wasn't recognised by Croatian national team, and he went for Bosnia.Clearly is to be rethinked if we have to spare him bearly another last chance
Some fair observations.

For me personally, I think Big Jozo is a keeper, as in he is someone I like and think this could be his year of growing into a man.

He makes mistakes but is still young and I think he is suited to game in Scotland and well I see him at mass regularly on a Sunday evening. So for me that makes him even more valuable player, but thats just my thing.

He does silly things here and there, but wage wise I think he is very good value for money.

Big strong tall and looks like he may be due a good run without injury.

The mistakes he made in Europe were also partly down to lack of form, game time, niggling recurring injury and bad management style by Rodgers.

I have always had soft spot for him, so Im biased.

But Jozo is someone I want to stay.

I hope he has two cracking seasons in a row and holds the ten in a row championship trophy high and proudly.

gonna be tough season this year, Aberdeen looking pretty good at moment, and the Sevco apparently think they can topple the champions.

Looking forward to this season

And big Jozo hopefully has big part to play in another trophy laden season with 9 in a row the main aim for me, but hopefully every other trophy we play in as well, especially domestically. But 9 is the one I want most.

Nope you say Jojo I say potato But we keep Jozo. He has been superb under NFL.
Solid with Odin he’s doing all the right things.
Scores important goals. No methinks we need good solid players who go into tackles and give everything. Who knows maybe just maybe he becomes our version of Bobo
Just ask Kenny M next time he passes Greece

HH ?

Major boost for Lile after 72m Arsenal deal , ahead of future bids for Jojo interest according to Daily record.

If you ask me, I don't underestimate Jojo's abilities and potential he has shown, but overall he is overshadowed by his routine of lame displays,
Shiftless defesnive instict of marking players, and his booking tendency.
With Lennon seeking a new defender such as Pavlovic I can't think of trusting Simunovic because he will have no time to play plus he is injury prone.I don't want Ajer being on the bench or waste other players just for Simunovic.Im not blaming Jojo straightforwardly but im thinking practically.I just have my doubts over him because i ve had nightmares watching him in European games in the past except for a few only.
I hope for him to stay though if he can prove himself but that's another story, it goes too far while there is no time for further experiments as we go for European raids and we can't be fooled once again and dropped back by poor defensive quality.We can demand a very high bid as we hold the upper hand in negotiations and then we can shut down Arsenal's talks for Tierney and keep KT home having an extra advantage.

What part of his abilities don’t you underestimate?

Fs you just executed him

Off yer tattie pal? ???

You really don't like Jojo/Jozo at all, do you? We've had this conversation before where you tried to slaughter me for describing him as "decent", although now you've upgraded your opinion of him to be "good"!

You keep using the same examples for blaming him in matches where most of the team played poorly and maybe he wasn't the only person at fault for these particular goals, but not in your eyes! Every player in the hoops has made mistakes.

You complain about all the bookings and red cards but in 139 competitive games for us he has been booked 13 times and sent off twice (and one of them was the ridiculous red against Sevco which would never be a sending off against any other opponent) - and we won both if my memory serves me correct!

Yes he has been prone to the occasional brain fart (see the silly red card in the recent friendly and some of the examples you repeatedly highlight) but he is maturing and is more settled now he is being managed better. Personally I prefer Ajer and would pair him with Jullien as my first choice CBs, but there is a place for him as back-up and when we need to rest players during our arduous season.

You are entitled to your opinion but many of us disagree and think he is actually quite good, despite some flaws which look to me are being worked on by the coaching staff and Jozo.

Some fair observations.

For me personally, I think Big Jozo is a keeper, as in he is someone I like and think this could be his year of growing into a man.

He makes mistakes but is still young and I think he is suited to game in Scotland and well I see him at mass regularly on a Sunday evening. So for me that makes him even more valuable player, but thats just my thing.

He does silly things here and there, but wage wise I think he is very good value for money.

Big strong tall and looks like he may be due a good run without injury.

The mistakes he made in Europe were also partly down to lack of form, game time, niggling recurring injury and bad management style by Rodgers.

I have always had soft spot for him, so Im biased.

But Jozo is someone I want to stay.

I hope he has two cracking seasons in a row and holds the ten in a row championship trophy high and proudly.

gonna be tough season this year, Aberdeen looking pretty good at moment, and the Sevco apparently think they can topple the champions.

Looking forward to this season

And big Jozo hopefully has big part to play in another trophy laden season with 9 in a row the main aim for me, but hopefully every other trophy we play in as well, especially domestically. But 9 is the one I want most.
With you there TET. I think big Jozo is a player and Lennys style will improve him and I think he is also a big hard case and we'll need more of that in the team this season not less (y)(y)

The better we play then our players are on the shop window. We want the best players in Slovakia and Slovenia and other small countries. Why be surprised when the rich football countries want to sign our best players. If I was a foreign scout I'd be recommending KT. Ajer, Mikey Johnston, Euan Henderson Christie, Calmac and Dembele. We will always be a buy them cheap and sell them dear club. That's our business model. We need to be in a richer league if that is to change.

Back