Jullien: The Aerially-Dominant Eagle Has Landed

I like my defenders to defend first and foremost, but we're losing out on upwards of 15-20 goals a season by being ineffective with set-pieces.

I'm hoping that Jullien can bring us at least 5-10 of those goals from set-pieces. Our conversion rate from set-pieces is poor and that could be the difference between a tight title race or a total romp.

I like my defenders to defend first and foremost, but we're losing out on upwards of 15-20 goals a season by being ineffective with set-pieces.

I'm hoping that Jullien can bring us at least 5-10 of those goals from set-pieces. Our conversion rate from set-pieces is poor and that could be the difference between a tight title race or a total romp.
Paul Elliot type i hope,arial dominance, remember PE ended Mark Hatleys Rangers (RIP 2012) career by winning every high ball in defence and up front at set pieces. Billy McNeil bought PE from Pisa and used him in the school of defending and attacking the ball in the air.

Paul Elliot type i hope,arial dominance, remember PE ended Mark Hatleys Rangers (RIP 2012) career by winning every high ball in defence and up front at set pieces. Billy McNeil bought PE from Pisa and used him in the school of defending and attacking the ball in the air.
Lenny played alongside four centre-halves who attacked the ball in the air.

If anyone can spot that type of defender, then you'd hope that Lenny would.

We haven't had that all-out aggressive type for a wee while now, so hopefully Jullien fills his boots at both ends of the park.

Lenny played alongside four centre-halves who attacked the ball in the air.

If anyone can spot that type of defender, then you'd hope that Lenny would.

We haven't had that all-out aggressive type for a wee while now, so hopefully Jullien fills his boots at both ends of the park.
SP Lenny played in teams big at the back

"Celtic manager Martin O'Neill signed Valgaeren in 2000 from Roda JC for an undisclosed fee, said to be around £3.8 million.[4] He was an instant success at Celtic and helped Celtic win a domestic treble in his first season in Glasgow. During O'Neill's first three years at Celtic, Valgaeren was first choice in a three-man defence consisting of himself, Johan Mjällby and Bobo Baldé."

You’re spot on. I think we must be up there with the most abysmal record of scoring from set pieces. Every time we get a corner I go for a refill. I think we scored two goals from over 200 corners. Totally awful and I can’t for the life of me understand when people cheer when we get one. We would be as well just kicking it into the stand as we are fucking pathetic about getting a head to them and even if we do the attempts are woeful.

Hopefully with Christopher and Bayo we can improve this as our current players haven’t a fucking ounce of prowess in that area.

You’re spot on. I think we must be up there with the most abysmal record of scoring from set pieces. Every time we get a corner I go for a refill. I think we scored two goals from over 200 corners. Totally awful and I can’t for the life of me understand when people cheer when we get one. We would be as well just kicking it into the stand as we are fucking pathetic about getting a head to them and even if we do the attempts are woeful.

Hopefully with Christopher and Bayo we can improve this as our current players haven’t a fucking ounce of prowess in that area.
I think that Bayo will be the answer regarding set pieces as he's got a great goals ratio from headers and even Lenny has spotted this already. We're shaping up nicely.
HH?

Back