Just When Things Couldn't Get Any Stranger........

Spherical Planet

As I write this, I am perched outside the Boulevard Of Broken Dreams and Frequently Occurring Nightmares.

It's cold and damp, but not anything you don't get used to in Dundee.

As the custom presently goes, in order to make more tables available - strangers drinking on their own 'buddy up' and in the finest Scots/Irish traditions start havering a lot o' pish to each other.

Just after 11, I was joined by an ald fella fae the Hulltoon. We talked briefly about the virus before introducing ourselves to one another..........

I shit you not, he introduced himself as Mick Duffy!!!!!

I think my laughing fit took him by surprise, but when I offered him a pint, you wouldn't believe what he asked for.........

That's right, he asked for a pint of........Tennants?????

It was at this point I realised that this was only a Duffy simulator and not the real deal, that and the fact that he was only half pished confirmed my worst fears that this was a Mickey Mouse Mick Duffy and not the real slicky, tricky, Micky Duffy that we know and love.

I'm now 'buddied up' wie a right dour-puss......come back fake Mick Duffy. All is forgiven.

As I write this, I am perched outside the Boulevard Of Broken Dreams and Frequently Occurring Nightmares.

As the custom presently goes, in order to make more tables available - strangers drinking on their own 'buddy up' and in the finest Scots/Irish traditions start havering a lot o' pish to each other.

Just after 11, I was joined by an ald fella fae the Hulltoon. We talked briefly about the virus before introducing ourselves to one another..........

I think my laughing fit took him by surprise, but when I offered him a pint, you wouldn't believe what he asked for.........

It was at this point I realised that this was only a Duffy simulator and not the real deal, that and the fact that he was only half pished confirmed my worst fears that this was a Mickey Mouse Mick Duffy and not the real slicky, tricky, Micky Duffy that we know and love.

I'm now 'buddied up' wie a right dour-puss......come back fake Mick Duffy. All is forgiven.

You know the tune...

There’s only 1 Michael Duffy.....there’s only 1 Michael Duffy...

Just after 11 - in the morning??? There is not a hope in hell it could be our Mick Duffy - he is still sleeping in his hammock at that time of day!

You can go out for a pint?🙁🍺

Members online

Latest posts

Back