KAJUL HISTORY

Ray

On ‘ celts are here’ post, history about our opponents,only formed after independence frtom Russia 1991,seemingly Sander Puri,made his Scottish debut v us ,playing with St Mirren !dont remember him!!!!!does anyone else?club owner says ,Celtic visit is as big as rock band ‘Metallica’who performed there ! Try to go on to post and read ,Hh

On ‘ celts are here’ post, history about our opponents,only formed after independence frtom Russia 1991,seemingly Sander Puri,made his Scottish debut v us ,playing with St Mirren !dont remember him!!!!!does anyone else?club owner says ,Celtic visit is as big as rock band ‘Metallica’who performed there ! Try to go on to post and read ,Hh
One of the great things about growing up as a Celtic fan, was that you got the opportunity to learn a wee bit about our European opponents.

Where they came from? Some of the issues and problems they faced? Some of the common features that we and our opponents shared?

Now that Europe is even more fractured and splintered than it was prior to the 90's, we are getting the opportunity to play teams that we would never likely have faced in years gone by.

A new generation of Celtic fans are going to find out about different parts of the world and experience alternative cultures. They will make new friends along the way and form new alliances with other passionate fans.

It's on occasions like these, that we begin to realise how significant Celtic and Celtic fans are throughout the world. We learn how global we truly are and after the two legs of the tie are completed, there will be Kalju fans wearing Celtic strips and who will fondly remember the time that their team played The Glasgow Celtic.

For as much as I disagree with the qualifying route that Celtic has to negotiate, one of the fringe benefits is the opportunity to share memories and experiences with rival fans.

Matt Corr's documentary of his experiences in Bosnia recently, shows how profoundly these experiences can touch us. Many of these opposing fans we have met in the last three decades have had to face repression, suppression and oppression themselves. In many cases, far more horrific and devastating as our own.

It may sound condescending, but these games against Our Club are significant in more ways than one for clubs like Kalju. I hope we beat them and beat them well, but I also hope we take the time to understand a little more about them and the country they play in.

One of the great things about growing up as a Celtic fan, was that you got the opportunity to learn a wee bit about our European opponents.

Where they came from? Some of the issues and problems they faced? Some of the common features that we and our opponents shared?

Now that Europe is even more fractured and splintered than it was prior to the 90's, we are getting the opportunity to play teams that we would never likely have faced in years gone by.

A new generation of Celtic fans are going to find out about different parts of the world and experience alternative cultures. They will make new friends along the way and form new alliances with other passionate fans.

It's on occasions like these, that we begin to realise how significant Celtic and Celtic fans are throughout the world. We learn how global we truly are and after the two legs of the tie are completed, there will be Kalju fans wearing Celtic strips and who will fondly remember the time that their team played The Glasgow Celtic.

For as much as I disagree with the qualifying route that Celtic has to negotiate, one of the fringe benefits is the opportunity to share memories and experiences with rival fans.

Matt Corr's documentary of his experiences in Bosnia recently, shows how profoundly these experiences can touch us. Many of these opposing fans we have met in the last three decades have had to face repression, suppression and oppression themselves. In many cases, far more horrific and devastating as our own.

It may sound condescending, but these games against Our Club are significant in more ways than one for clubs like Kalju. I hope we beat them and beat them well, but I also hope we take the time to understand a little more about them and the country they play in.
Very good SP, agree ,well put , the Celtic family IS massive ,we show respect where ever we go,Long May it continue, hh

Back