Kouassi and Arzani both out for rest of Season.

Brimcbhoy

@[B]sheelaghmclaren[/B]
FollowFollow @sheelaghmclaren
More
Brendan Rodgers confirms Eboue Kouassi out for the rest of the season with cruciate injury. Looks like Daniel Arzani will also be our for season with same injury - another scan next week to confirm
6:06 AM - 2 Nov 2018 from Balgrochan, Scotland

Thought Kouassi was doing well on Sunday and same with Arzani on Wednesday.Big blow for both lads but they are young and have plenty of time hopefully to bounce back and show us what they can do.

That's 2 players out with ACL injuries and we also seem to be sustaining lots of other injuries too like hamstrings and calf injuries.

Just unlucky or could there be something not right we need to take a serious look at.

Are players choosing the wrong studs for certain grounds? Are we training to too high an intensity considering the number of games we are playing? Are we doing drills and exercises that are putting too much stress on joints and muscle tissue? Are we consistently warming up properly?

I hope we can get this sorted. It just seems to me we are on the receiving end of an exceedingly high number of these type of injuries.

That's 2 players out with ACL injuries and we also seem to be sustaining lots of other injuries too like hamstrings and calf injuries.

Just unlucky or could there be something not right we need to take a serious look at.

Are players choosing the wrong studs for certain grounds? Are we training to too high an intensity considering the number of games we are playing? Are we doing drills and exercises that are putting too much stress on joints and muscle tissue? Are we consistently warming up properly?

I hope we can get this sorted. It just seems to me we are on the receiving end of an exceedingly high number of these type of injuries.
Think its just bad luck for both of them. Kouassi leapt ridiculously high to gather a ball at head height then landed awkwardly on one leg, his knee gave way immediately. He bravely tried to run it off and looked like he had done. He was miffed when BR took him off, but that looks like it was the right thing to do now.

Bad injury at their age if its the ACL.Wee Arzani wis lookin sharp the other night hope we get to see him again in the hoops.

That's brutal for the two lads and obviously Celtic but we move on and wish them both a speedy recovery and hope to see them run out in the hoops in the near future. YNWA

Thought Kouassi was doing well on Sunday and same with Arzani on Wednesday.Big blow for both lads but they are young and have plenty of time hopefully to bounce back and show us what they can do.

I really liked the skill and silky touches Arzani showed the other night. Extremely promising such a shame for him.

Now implications to the club after a 10 minute showing we are paying wages for a season. When do we get our rub o the green?

Btw that is not a dig at either player here.

But is this just sh*t luck or as you say a full on bloody curse.

On a side not there are teams who actively set out to injure our players than score goals.

We all know who they are and to my mind not enough is being done by the hear no evilnsee no evil sfa, to counter and stamp this shit out.

Think its just bad luck for both of them. Kouassi leapt ridiculously high to gather a ball at head height then landed awkwardly on one leg, his knee gave way immediately. He bravely tried to run it off and looked like he had done. He was miffed when BR took him off, but that looks like it was the right thing to do now.

Yeah i think i have changed my tune on him after seeing that desire to keep going thankfully BR took him off for his own sake and yes more humble pie.... he did look decent beforehand

All good questions. I recall an interview with Bill Shankly where he said he deliberately did not work his players too hard in training as he wanted them to have something in the tank for match day. Perhaps the training regime is too aggressive.

All good questions. I recall an interview with Bill Shankly where he said he deliberately did not work his players too hard in training as he wanted them to have something in the tank for match day. Perhaps the training regime is too aggressive.

Who knows pal, it is seriously frustrating. Lord only knows how tough it is on the actual players themselves.

Soul destroying at times i can only imagine.

Our injury list is horrendous, cant ever remember it being this bad! On the plus Mulumbu is back training. Any others getting close to being fit? Broony?

Members online

Latest posts

Back