Lawwell watch this film clip and have a think about it. Then do it.

Theverdict1

This clip sums up to me perfectly the situation with Lawell. Substitute Capone with Our Friends and it’s on the money.

For far too long, Lawell has been Ness, failing or refusing to do what needs to be done. He has a temperament of doing what he thinks is enough, but never putting Sevco away means you are giving them oxygen and they have grown stronger when they have nothing.

This has been my problem with Lawell for over s decade, in fact longer. When I returned from Seville we had proved we had a team and with investment at that time we would have gone even further up. He did nothing. He always does nothing when we are in a position to kill off our Capone.

These last three years has seen him presided over a continual decline, shielded by the Treble Treble, that for me diverted maybe his eyes from what needed to be done. The result in his lack of courage, lack of imagination, lack of for me, the Celtic spirit the support have. A cautious, to the point of comatose mindset where the reality of our team is concerned.

You could stop a dug in the street and she would tell you we needed at least three defenders for at least two seasons. If that dug had been in charge, we would have got them. We have Lawell and his failure to grasp that has us where we are yet again. Out of the CL, lost out on up to £50m, when you include the TV pot at ticket sales. Doing that once to the company you head should have been a sacking offence, twice in a row beggars belief.

He dithers and haggles to save thousands then ends up losing multi millions. McGinn when he leaves Villa will go for £30m. Lawell lost us him for £275,000. Think about that for a moment. Think of a situation where you cost your company a great player and upwards of £10m to save a bag of shrapnel in today’s market. How long would you expect before being told to empty your desk? Not long.

He topped that by failing to plan for the impact the World Cup would have on our defence, brought in nobody and did what he always does, hopes we have enough.

From humiliating our friends across the way, to losing twice to them. Playing McGreggor at LB at Ibrox because he did nothing. Having to play Hayes at LB, because he did nothing. Seeing them close a gap because he did nothing.

Fast forward to this season and his dithering and abject complacency once again bubbled to the surface and he still has left us without the players we needed to qualify for the CL. We should have clubbed Cluj without any new players though. Obviously Lenny had missed McGreggor at Ibrox, there can be no other plausible reason for not seeing he couldn’t do it. Lenny’s abysmal selection, substitutions cost us that game. His perseverance with Morgan must make sense in his mind, but you would traverse the galaxy to find any other being who would agree with him. Every press co defence he has given for the last eight weeks, he has declared we will have three in before the next leg. Then two, then one. We got none. Again think about that. None.

He compounded the situation by blaming everyone but the true culprit. The one that looks back at him from the mirror every morning when he shaves.

We are now at Friday of the second last week of our least favourite time of the year, transfer window. Nothing. No one. We are all getting ready for the now infuriating response of, “we tried really hard but we just couldn’t get them over the line.” Utter garbage.

Here’s a thought Celtic. If Lawell is incapable of getting players of quality over the line, that sees us continually lose out in the CL and the millions it costs us, to say nothing of the prestige and excitement for us, then you need to get somebody in who can.

How long will he be allowed to put the spike in the spokes of our wheel? He is to me the greatest hope our Capone has. He has treaded water, picked up an obscene bonus for utter failure to put them in a box buried in the garden.

I know there are still many, but I hope a decreasing number who think the sun shines out of his backside, none more so than himself. The facts don’t support that. To me they never have. With someone at the helm who saw what needed to be done and sorted it, out bank balance would be greatly increased and we would be in the CL and the domestic threat would resemble a chipmunk taking on a Tiger.

He has just over a week to invest in quality. Players who will move on at a profit eventually but who ensure we are better right now. He has had three years to do this. That’s 1065 days, he now has less than a dozen. His hesitancy in buying is polar opposite to selling our best. He’s in a league of his own there. Replacing them is his problem which has led to us needing about 7 players on one window. If anybody tries to convince me that is planning, you really need to have a word with yourself, those words I would advise could be as little as two, one starts with an F the other with an O.

There’s a line at the end of the movie where Connery, similar to us lying on the floor bleeding for our team, when he asks “What are you going to do now?”

Well Peter, we are asking WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NOW?

If you don’t do your job and we fail to get the 10 you will go down in our history as the man who saved our Capone. Either get your finger out of your arse or get your arse out of our door.

Last edited:
Peter Lawell should be restricted to working on sponsorship contracts rather than players contracts he is responsible for the loss of C.L. Money over the years with his penny pinching over players wages he doesn't seem so reluctant when it comes to his own rewards

Peter Lawell should be restricted to working on sponsorship contracts rather than players contracts he is responsible for the loss of C.L. Money over the years with his penny pinching over players wages he doesn't seem so reluctant when it comes to his own rewards

He is paid as much as his counterparts in the EPL, but insists apart from him, we cannot compete with wages.

One rule for him one rule for everybody else.

The bonuses he accepts are totally disproportion to what we earn, and definitely more than he deserves.

The absolute only bonus he should be getting is when we qualify for the CL. And nowhere approaching £2.3m.

For winning the Treble Treble the club earned just over £3m in prize money. He took 60% of that for himself.

A fucking scandal of the highest order. In the meantime him doing nothing has allowed Deadco to close the gap on a bag of buttons.

He is and will continue to be their ace in the hole.

Members online

Latest posts

Back