Lee O Connor set for full international start tomorrow.

26+6=1

Mick McCarthy has confirmed that Lee O Connor will have a full international start at right back for Ireland tomorrow night in a friendly against New Zealand. Lee is serving an U21 ban which has freed him up for the game in which there won't be any first team players starting but it's still a great achievement for a player yet to play a senior club game. Lee can play anywhere across the back 4 so it's a great sign of the future for Celtic that we have player of this quality being kept out of the team by the level of quality in front of him. His time will surely come though and hopefully tomorrow night is a major step in his development.

Mick McCarthy said: “He's been fine, he trained yesterday on a bigger pitch, not just a small sided game, and Lee was good.
He looks to be settling in. You ask them how they're doing and they say 'yeah I'm great' but you've no idea how they are doing until they have their feet in water.”

Been keeping tabs, on n off, with this young defender, reminds me of meself! Praise don't come higher!!!!!😆 So as long as he doesn't have skanky Glaswegian bitches waving their fannies at him accompanied by bottles of red thunderbird he's definitely got a hell of a bright future ahead of him!!! 😉
Seriously tho, he's looking damn good Make us all proud, Lee!👍 Gaun yersel wee man, do yersel justice!

Been keeping tabs, on n off, with this young defender, reminds me of meself! Praise don't come higher!!!!!😆 So as long as he doesn't have skanky Glaswegian bitches waving their fannies at him accompanied by bottles of red thunderbird he's definitely got a hell of a bright future ahead of him!!! 😉
Seriously tho, he's looking damn good Make us all proud, Lee!👍 Gaun yersel wee man, do yersel justice!
Yellow card Maestro 🤣

This thread has officially descended to the level of

JS53410434-1.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Back