Leeds Utd manager ordered his side to give away a goal

BILLCOWIE1958

The similarity between Leeds Utd v Aston Villa and Celtic v Motherwell are striking in as much as a goal was scored through an act of unsporting advantage

The difference being the Leeds manager instructed his side to allow Villa to score a 'walk through' goal whereas Stephen Robinson did not instruct his Motherwell side to accord Celtic the same courtesy

Indeed the Ulsterman used every excuse he could think of to wriggle out of admitting he got it badly wrong by not instructing such an outcone

He told the media that he didn't know what to do He said that the player was inexperienced a BABY I don't ever recall seeing an 18 year old BABY If he felt that his player/team had embarrassed Motherwell FC by their antics then HE should have taken control of the situation but decided not to do so

I think the actions of Leeds Utd today has showed Robinson and his Club up as being both underhand and unsporting and will possibly further add to their embarassment

But the again... Probably not

HH?

The similarity between Leeds Utd v Aston Villa and Celtic v Motherwell are striking in as much as a goal was scored through an act of unsporting advantage

The difference being the Leeds manager instructed his side to allow Villa to score a 'walk through' goal whereas Stephen Robinson did not instruct his Motherwell side to accord Celtic the same courtesy

Indeed the Ulsterman used every excuse he could think of to wriggle out of admitting he got it badly wrong by not instructing such an outcone

He told the media that he didn't know what to do He said that the player was inexperienced a BABY I don't ever recall seeing an 18 year old BABY If he felt that his player/team had embarrassed Motherwell FC by their antics then HE should have taken control of the situation but decided not to do so

I think the actions of Leeds Utd today has showed Robinson and his Club up as being both underhand and unsporting and will possibly further add to their embarassment

But the again... Probably not

HH?

Well said Bill.

I was at work when I saw this, otherwise I would have commented sooner.

This from the news report, where Leeds United and Aston Villa drew:

"The result ended Leeds's hopes of automatic promotion but confirmed their spot in the play-offs - where they could face Aston Villa again."

My hat is off to Marcelo Bielsa for this action, regardless of the precarious state of Leeds' status in the league. He did the right thing. We need to see more of this. Also, it's a pity the Leeds player who continued on didn't get his ass kicked, but that's just me.:D

I was at work when I saw this, otherwise I would have commented sooner.

This from the news report, where Leeds United and Aston Villa drew:

"The result ended Leeds's hopes of automatic promotion but confirmed their spot in the play-offs - where they could face Aston Villa again."

My hat is off to Marcelo Bielsa for this action, regardless of the precarious state of Leeds' status in the league. He did the right thing. We need to see more of this. Also, it's a pity the Leeds player who continued on didn't get his ass kicked, but that's just me.:D

Marcello bielsa came in for a lot of stick during the whole spying at training grounds episode, you know what the English rags are like, to me it was coming across as cheating johnny foreigner bullshit, so I hope he gets the credit he deserves for what he done at the weekend, and Motherwell, hang your head in shame.

That's not the same situation as murderwell, the Villa player went down in a tackle, play on, but the Leeds player stopped as if he was kicking the ball out, the other Leeds player took advantage of this and scored, unsporting conduct. We kicked the ball out for one of our players going down injured, throw-in to murderwell they take throw in and score, unsporting???

That's not the same situation as murderwell, the Villa player went down in a tackle, play on, but the Leeds player stopped as if he was kicking the ball out, the other Leeds player took advantage of this and scored, unsporting conduct. We kicked the ball out for one of our players going down injured, throw-in to murderwell they take throw in and score, unsporting???

Yes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back