Left Back for Sunday?

Who should get the nod for Sunday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have more or less got the RB position covered as I think Ralston will play and JJ will probably be on the bench.
Now we don't know if Taylor will be fit for it but let's say he is and we have brought Scales in. He's match fit but I wouldn't throw him in to the Glasgow Derby as his first match.
I'd give the nod to Montgomery, I know he's not played many but thought he more than proved he can handle the pressure last night against a very good opposition and kept AZ's Japanese winger very quiet in the 2nd half last night. He can certainly handle Patterson if faced with him.
Good news Brimcbhoy for every position.

HH

If Taylor isn't fit then move Ralston to LB and give Juranovic a debut at RB. Otherwise, wouldn't be against Montgomery starting
I would not agree with moving possibly our best player last night to the other side when he has found such a rich vein of form. Personally I'd start Montgomery as LB as Scales hasn't even met his teammates yet. This is where us being nicey nicey in the transfer negotiations with Shamrock only agreeing to take Scales after last night's game has backfired on us.

I would not agree with moving possibly our best player last night to the other side when he has found such a rich vein of form. Personally I'd start Montgomery as LB as Scales hasn't even met his teammates yet. This is where us being nicey nicey in the transfer negotiations with Shamrock only agreeing to take Scales after last night's game has backfired on us.
As I said wouldn't be against starting Montgomery but Ralston has played left back before, uses his left foot (unlike many of our other defenders) to pass and play the ball forward, and the thought of him smashing into Tavpen or the new Cafu appeals. It also gets Juranovic involved.

I can understand DD allowing scales to stay with shamrock BB, as its regarded as a massive achievement for supporters of league of lreland to get a team progressing to group stages of European competition and one where all supporters would love to see happen.
Match fitness won't be a issue and yet played in a good few European qualifying games which would have gained him huge experience.
Now I haven't seen him play yet and can't comment on how well he done in these games but would have thought Ange would have been keeping an eye on him alright.
Question could be who Ange feels more confident with handling aribo with the few late challenges from El donkeyo?

As I said wouldn't be against starting Montgomery but Ralston has played left back before, uses his left foot (unlike many of our other defenders) to pass and play the ball forward, and the thought of him smashing into Tavpen or the new Cafu appeals. It also gets Juranovic involved.
Brilliant to have options again Gary, and more so comfortable with which ever Ange decides on going for

Brilliant to have options again Gary, and more so comfortable with which ever Ange decides on going for
Agreed, look at the friendlies we played before the season, half the team were kids from the B side, at least now we have options, ok some are just in the door but I think we will do ok, even if they are on the bench they will feel involved an it will give them a taste of the theatre of hate. If they get on with 10 mins to go when we're 4 up even better. ;)

Taylor all day
If he is fit then fair enough, but I just can't see how he will be. When I watched him last night and he came back on I said to the wife that he will be off in 10 minutes once the real pain kicks in or after he tries to do anything with that arm such as run or worse if he'd tried to take a throw-in. Although it is only your shoulder in my experience it did affect other simple things like running.

If he is fit then fair enough, but I just can't see how he will be. When I watched him last night and he came back on I said to the wife that he will be off in 10 minutes once the real pain kicks in or after he tries to do anything with that arm such as run or worse if he'd tried to take a throw-in. Although it is only your shoulder in my experience it did affect other simple things like running.

I agree...can't fault his spirit...never chucked it even when he was in complete agony..I like him as a player.. terrific attitude

Members online

Latest posts

Back