Leigh Griffiths taking time out from football

Over on Fester Fester this as you might expect is getting big licks. Some are claiming he tried to top himself, because of mental health problems. Gambling, drugs, depression, are among the reasons given. Some of the sickos are loving it, although a lot are surprisingly grudgingly expressing sympathy.

I hope the wee man is back fighting fit, mentally and physically, very soon. Leigh comes across as very down to earth and I know he has done a lot for ordinary supporters and their families, most of which we don't hear about. He may be a Hibee at heart but his love and respect for Celtic is clear. Get well soon Leigh!

Ronin79 had heard some scuttlebut about maybe these issues and mentioned it the other day. I thought it was just tittle tattle so I disagreed with him. Looks like he was right after all and I was wrong. Apologies to Ronin79..... I hope Leigh gets better soon. He is one of my favourite Celtic players.

Thoughts and best wishes with Griff, hope some time away from the game allows him to get back to a good place in his life and I'm sure the club will give him all the time and support he needs. Hope he can take some strength in the knowledge that he has the entire Celtic support right behind him.

Also I know it's only natural that people will be curious about the reasons for him taking time out but the last thing Griff needs is people speculating and giving oxygen to rumours and gossip, I hope people afford him and his family the space and privacy he needs at what's clearly a difficult time.

Can't wait to see you back for more of this Griff......

Griff.jpg

Thoughts and best wishes with Griff, hope some time away from the game allows him to get back to a good place in his life and I'm sure the club will give him all the time and support he needs. Hope he can take some strength in the knowledge that he has the entire Celtic support right behind him.

Also I know it's only natural that people will be curious about the reasons for him taking time out but the last thing Griff needs is people speculating and giving oxygen to rumours and gossip, I hope people afford him and his family the space and privacy he needs at what's clearly a difficult time.

Can't wait to see you back for more of this Griff......

View attachment 765
well said mate, Hail Hail

Sparky has an army behind him, wishing him well - a great foundation for rebuilding his approach to life.

As for taking time away from football...

Burds; RUN.

Proved me wrong when he signed, didn't think he had enough to be a Celtic striker.

Many, many moments of sheer joy and delirium marveling at the guys finishing and I'm over the moon to be a doubting tit... will be in the history books forever!

All the very best Griff, Celtic will be ready when you are! ?

My thoughts and prayers are with you Leigh. You will get through this.

There is one almighty Celtic family behind you wishing you and yours well.

You are one of us and we are with you. YNWA

My sympathies are with him but at the same time his personal life is a disgrace and as season ticket holders we’re paying his wages.Although he’s not playing he’ll probably still be picking up a wage.He’s in a privileged position,I just hope he realises that and knows he owes us big time.HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back