Lookin' forward to the big walk next month!

King Billy and the Boyne you say?

Let me share the truth with you all. Lurking Huns read it and weep…..and also GIRFUY…

Only sharing this bcoz I never knew this and found it interesting
if anyone from the Orange Order can read this don't just call it lies and propaganda it's the bloody truth, hate to burst your bubble but this is true.

Those who march and parade in their Orange sashes in praise of their hero King Billy, to celebrate the great Protestant victory at the battle of the Boyne need to know this:

William of Orange was not fighting for the Protestant cause. He was an ally of Pope Innocent XI and his successor Pope Alexander XIII in their struggle against Louis XIV of France under the Treaty of Augsburg. In fact the Catholic Church financed half of his army & military equipment.

The Boyne victory was celebrated as a great Catholic victory and a Te Deum was sung in St Peters in Rome, and in the Catholic cathedrals in Vienna, Madrid and Brussels.

The whole of Catholic Europe except France, rejoiced in William of Orange's victory. As for those Irish Protestants who fought on Williams’s side, how did he reward them?

He forbade them from practising the Presbyterian religion and ordered them to pay tithes to the Anglican Church of Ireland, the Irish version of the Church of England. This caused such despair among the Presbyterians that they left Ireland in droves and migrated to America. Thereafter the Presbyterians dropped their bigotry towards the Irish

Catholicism and when the first Catholic church was built in Belfast it was Protestants who supplied most of the money to build it: about half the congregation at the first mass were Protestants.

In the United Irishmen's rebellion of 1798 Catholics and Protestants fought side by side for Irish independence. This terrified the British ruling class, and William Pitt the younger gave the order to split up the Protestants and Catholics no matter the cost.

The governor, Brigadier General Knox replied: "Simple I will use the Orange Order to create division" therefore the Orange Order was used as a tool of the British ruling class to divide and weaken the working class.

That is the true 'heritage' of the Orange Order and probably few of those who March, bang the drums and play the flutes are aware of it. To this day the Orange Order still creates division on behalf of the British establishment.

They don't even realise that they're celebrating the wrong battle, the battle of the Boyne was fought on the 1st, the Battle of Aughrim, which won the campaign for William, was fought on the 12th.

347404710_292498126475634_4799186052038489400_n.jpg

Naw, no that wan! My 75th birthday falls on 14th July, ( Bastile Day, very appropriate for a Republican ). I'm planning/hoping to celebrate it by having a wee stroll up Ben Nevis on the day.
I'm leaving the house now in search of a Munro to continue my preparations.
Just want to stick my two fingers up to faither time.
Total Numpty !
Well, that was that, then . Sitting at the top of Ben Nevis yesterday wondering where the hell three quarters of a century has gone ? Think Sandy Denny's brilliant song, Who knows where the time goes probably sums it up .

Took a wee bit of time out at the top, just to sit and reflect on my very good fortune to be able to enjoy such a thing at this fairly advanced stage in life's journey.

Thought about my mother and father, now long gone. Thought about my six siblings who weren't as lucky as I've been; they never got to enjoy being 75. Two sisters and four brothers, taken far too early. I would gladly give what time's left to me in exchange for just one more day with them.

Of course, reality kicks in. I now have to negotiate my way back down. I had a brief, passing thought while scanning my route.... is this a reflection of what lies ahead in life. Downhill all the way ?
Nah, absolutely nae chance, I've still got dreams to dream, songs to sing, plans to make and fulfil: Any of you good folk point me in the direction of Kilimanjaro?

Well, that was that, then . Sitting at the top of Ben Nevis yesterday wondering where the hell three quarters of a century has gone ? Think Sandy Denny's brilliant song, Who knows where the time goes probably sums it up .

Took a wee bit of time out at the top, just to sit and reflect on my very good fortune to be able to enjoy such a thing at this fairly advanced stage in life's journey.

Thought about my mother and father, now long gone. Thought about my six siblings who weren't as lucky as I've been; they never got to enjoy being 75. Two sisters and four brothers, taken far too early. I would gladly give what time's left to me in exchange for just one more day with them.

Of course, reality kicks in. I now have to negotiate my way back down. I had a brief, passing thought while scanning my route.... is this a reflection of what lies ahead in life. Downhill all the way ?
Nah, absolutely nae chance, I've still got dreams to dream, songs to sing, plans to make and fulfil: Any of you good folk point me in the direction of Kilimanjaro?
I'm glad you had an enjoyable birthday Frank. Here's to your next 75 years! 🎂🥳🎉

Is that the one with the plastic pitch Frank
Well done Young man you won’t want this Frank but you’re an inspiration to all.
More power to your legs bud as your hearts
In the right place.
Agree I would give up almost all to have 5/10 minutes with ma Grunda Mum and Dad and quite a few others.
But you go Frank 👏👏👏👏👏

HH 💚🤍💛Frankie Bhoy

Seriously, the best post I've ever read on here.
That's the way it is Frank, for all of us, it's life, an you summed it up so perfectly. You can't tell young uns cos they think they will remain so.
Brilliant Frank. Hail Hail.

Too right Frank as a youngster I never really understood the absent friends toast but fuck me I do now only too well, and you use different muscles on the way down on tae the next wan

BTW Frank, Kilimanjaro is always UP, theres no down with wisdom like that.

Naw, no that wan! My 75th birthday falls on 14th July, ( Bastile Day, very appropriate for a Republican ). I'm planning/hoping to celebrate it by having a wee stroll up Ben Nevis on the day.
I'm leaving the house now in search of a Munro to continue my preparations.
Just want to stick my two fingers up to faither time.
Total Numpty !
Good on yea Frank 76 on the 30th myself glad you’re flying the flag for the old folk and hope you had a great birthday

Back