McGregor

Opinions Please.
Poor Calum definitely needs a rest. He has been rather lacking of late.
Does NL not appreciate the fact that it was identified last season that he had played more games including international matches, than any other world player. He is still being used both for club and country, surely a rest would be beneficial?
Imo he looks mentally drained. He needs two weeks rest and some of MD's favourite liquid refreshment. That'll do the trick.

A lot of players can go off the boil during the season but it's come a wee bit early for Calmac to be jaded. I don't think having to compete in Internationals has helped as well as all the speculation about his future which may have been giving him more stress.
He'll come good again....after a rest. We have the strength and depth to do this now.

CalMac clearly needs a rest but the problem is we don't have anyone else who does what he does or can provide the necessary foil for Broony. We've seen on multiple occasions that the Broony/Ntcham partnership does not work so if CalMac's to be rested then we maybe need to look at adjusting the system we've been playing, which in itself is probably not a good idea as we've been playing well enough so far.

Personally I'd push Ajer up alongside Broony for a few games and allow CalMac some respite. Not ideal but at least the central midfield would be a lot more solid than it is with the Broony/Ntcham partnership.

CalMac clearly needs a rest but the problem is we don't have anyone else who does what he does or can provide the necessary foil for Broony. We've seen on multiple occasions that the Broony/Ntcham partnership does not work so if CalMac's to be rested then we maybe need to look at adjusting the system we've been playing, which in itself is probably not a good idea as we've been playing well enough so far.

Personally I'd push Ajer up alongside Broony for a few games and allow CalMac some respite. Not ideal but at least the central midfield would be a lot more solid than it is with the Broony/Ntcham partnership.

Good thinking, Andy. We can't always rely on particular pairings so others have to be tried if it means some players get to rest. We certainly have enough personnel these days.

Yes - Broony/Ntcham doesn't work so I'd also try Ajer back in midfield again once our CBs are fit, to give CalMac an occasional break. When Bitton is fit then he can also slot in there too.

Opinions Please.
Poor Calum definitely needs a rest. He has been rather lacking of late.
Does NL not appreciate the fact that it was identified last season that he had played more games including international matches, than any other world player. He is still being used both for club and country, surely a rest would be beneficial?
Aye defo needs a holiday the bhoy

Back