Messi bigger than his club?

Winter

More and more these days I'm hearing that messi put the blockers on the club signing this player or that player almost stopped the signing of griezmann etc. Now since valverdes sacking , sporting director and former team mate Eric Abidal has come out and said even if valverde had won the Spanish super cup hed still have been sacked because in his opinion and in his role at Barcelona ,"many players werent happy ,or training hard enough, internal communication problems although the relationship between the coach and players was generally always good in the dressing room, there were things I could smell as an ex player that wasnt right, i told the club what I thought and we made a decision "
Messi who was said to have had a good relationship with valverde decides to go onto Instagram to voice his displeasure about it saying “I think everyone has to be responsible for their own jobs and take responsibility for their decisions... when you talk about players, you should give names because if not, you’re feeding things that people say and aren’t true”
As great a player as messi is I find it distasteful for a great of the game to act in this way. Is he seriously suggesting that Abidal should come out and publicly name and shame possibly players in public? Barcelona are 3pts behind Real with everything to play for. This taking to Instagram can only cause tension between players and club management at a crucial time in the season , but also and ultimately ,no matter how great a player of all the legends theres ever been in the game , messi is a player not the manager and no player is ever bigger than the club whether its Barcelona or Blackburn or broxburn. I've always admired messi as a player which football fan wouldnt but in recent times it's been his tax scam that he got away with because his father took the rap so a fine of x millions then the blocking of big name signings and now this ,all leaves a bad taste in the mouth and gives the impression that he is ,in his head bigger than Barcelona and comes across as a bit of a spoilt brat. You would never in a million years hear such words come out of the mouth of henrik Larsson, a more humble guy you couldn't hope to meet , Barcelona will live on long after messi has gone just as Real have after Ronaldo. Maybe someone ought to remind him of that ?

Members online

Back