Murty time

boab1916

All the nonsense about this season and the best football by sevco and other nonsense regards points totals etc is all bullshit. The huns greatest manager since 2012 has been Murty.
In March 2018 he had them 6 points behind Celtic no mean feat for an under 20s coach. However what we take from this, i, it is usually round this time when all the other competitions are done and dusted we can focus on single events, if in Europe there is no section so its home and away in or out, LC in the bag, SC single games and the SPFL single games, and with a bigger squad and depth can cope with injuries and suspensions for midweek and weekend occassions.

Published 11th March 2018
Speaking after the game, Murty claimed his side had thrown away a golden chance to cut the Celtic’s lead at the top of the SPL to just three points.
“I’m immensely frustrated because I don’t think we’ll ever give ourselves a better opportunity to go and win the game,” he said.
“We started brilliantly and then lacked composure, we got carried away in the atmosphere. They get back into it with a good hit from them but a poor goal from us.
“But we go ahead again and then we concede an awful goal one minute before half-time. That’s a fundamental flaw – an error that shouldn’t happen at this level.”

I agree with your first point 100% boab.

I know Murty got a lot of stick from their own supporters, but if one measures by results, he has clearly been the best manager they’ve had since 2012 - recognizing that the jury is still out on Stevie G. He’s the only manager they had that took any points off us until last December, and he also wasn’t so full of himself to think he had all the answers.

That he didn’t have more success was down to the quality of the squad and the lack of support from their own fans IMO. Given that he achieved those results with 100% inherited squads and wasn’t given a dime to spend in the Jan window of his 2nd spell speaks volumes about his coaching and management ability. It fell apart for him at the end, but I do believe that has more to do with losing the room and being actively undermined by DK - who was publicly recruiting his replacement at the time - than anything.

All the nonsense about this season and the best football by sevco and other nonsense regards points totals etc is all bullshit. The huns greatest manager since 2012 has been Murty.
In March 2018 he had them 6 points behind Celtic no mean feat for an under 20s coach. However what we take from this, i, it is usually round this time when all the other competitions are done and dusted we can focus on single events, if in Europe there is no section so its home and away in or out, LC in the bag, SC single games and the SPFL single games, and with a bigger squad and depth can cope with injuries and suspensions for midweek and weekend occassions.

Published 11th March 2018
Speaking after the game, Murty claimed his side had thrown away a golden chance to cut the Celtic’s lead at the top of the SPL to just three points.
“I’m immensely frustrated because I don’t think we’ll ever give ourselves a better opportunity to go and win the game,” he said.
“We started brilliantly and then lacked composure, we got carried away in the atmosphere. They get back into it with a good hit from them but a poor goal from us.
“But we go ahead again and then we concede an awful goal one minute before half-time. That’s a fundamental flaw – an error that shouldn’t happen at this level.”
I'm still waiting for this good football!!!

I don't make a habit of watching the huns, but anytime I've seen them, they've looked nothing better than ordinary.

Sure, they got their result in December - but we stank the place oot and they got a free license to kick the living shit oot of anything in green and white.

I still don't think they were that great, it was a combination of other factors that led to that result.

They had an ideal opportunity to start from ground zero and build (literally) a new team (even more literally) from scratch.

They've splodged their wodge on a raft of big-money "names" with no real long-term goal other than to stop the runaway train to tensville.

Jose Mourinho is currently looking for a gig, no doubt the swallow swallow anything bigots will be demanding that Jose can go for 1, once slippy gets told to get tae Mass!

I don't think Jose will be a good fit for the zombies though he can do siege mentality with few peers. By the time Slippy goes, they will be clamouring for a 'real rangers man' (that would be the human equivalent of a unicorn) but I suggest they could get real dead-rangers men like Rae, or Bazza, or John Brown or get BFDJ to reprise his management success at Partick Thistle all those years ago. Real cutting edge thinkers.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I don't think Jose will be a good fit for the zombies though he can do siege mentality with few peers. By the time Slippy goes, they will be clamouring for a 'real rangers man' (that would be the human equivalent of a unicorn) but I suggest they could get real dead-rangers men like Rae, or Bazza, or John Brown or get BFDJ to reprise his management success at Partick Thistle all those years ago. Real cutting edge thinkers.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And all for the price of a few pies too.

Members online

Latest posts

Back