My worst nightmare has come true

McGarrell

On the 24 th off January my only son Daniel passed away,he had been suffering fro a back injury that was getting progressively worse he needed an. Operation that left him with a chance off being in a wheelchair for the rest off his life so kept putting off ,and off a friend off his unbekwowing to us was giving him bottles. Off oral morph to help his pain but somehow on Tuesday he must have taken to much by mistake,he fell asleep and neve woke up,at the Ross county game we got an Indian meal on the way,he forgot to give me my bank card back my granddaughter car was in getting a sensor on and I said I would pay for it so before going to the garage to pick her car up we had to go into my son's house to get my bankcard,so my granddaughter jumped in his houset get the card at 5to5,she came running out her dad's house screaming Grampa I canny wake my dad up,so I ran in the house he was still warm so I got him in the recover position stuck my fingers in his mouth and was being brainless sick my granddaughter phoned an ambulance that was there within 9 minutes bu could see his lip getting blu,I said to paramedic hes gon isn't he,he replied yes but hes not long gone we will try our best the worked on him fo45 mins then they got pulse they rushed him from biggar to wishaw,then the lost the pulse near the hospital,but got it back again bu he passed away,at 5 past 11 on Wednesday morning surounde by all his family,only consolation we have he suffered no pain and died peacefully in his,now comes the worst to have cremate,my son on Wednesday 21/2/24,at 2pm at South Lanarkshire crematorium,this I photo off his coffin,I am the proudest dad in the world off my son he fought for and got full custody off his 2 beautiful red head ,girls close 18 and Abbie aged 15,ho got sole custody off them 2 girls over there mother that say everything you need to know about my son Daniel aged 38,his first celtic game was aleague cup vayr utd in1988,i took him to celtic games since he was 2 he became the youngest head greenkeeper at 35 that I have heard about,we went all over Europe me and him,Ajax Utrecht,stuggart Luxemburg Lyon vig,vig Sevilla barçelona twice Milan 3 times and so many more,god bless son if there is one we aren't religious just good Tims that's what we was and are,so R.I.P Daniel love dad

Attachments

• IMG-20240216-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240216-WA0000.jpg
    667.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-20240216-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20240216-WA0002.jpg
    622.5 KB · Views: 9
On the 24 th off January my only son Daniel passed away,he had been suffering fro a back injury that was getting progressively worse he needed an. Operation that left him with a chance off being in a wheelchair for the rest off his life so kept putting off ,and off a friend off his unbekwowing to us was giving him bottles. Off oral morph to help his pain but somehow on Tuesday he must have taken to much by mistake,he fell asleep and neve woke up,at the Ross county game we got an Indian meal on the way,he forgot to give me my bank card back my granddaughter car was in getting a sensor on and I said I would pay for it so before going to the garage to pick her car up we had to go into my son's house to get my bankcard,so my granddaughter jumped in his houset get the card at 5to5,she came running out her dad's house screaming Grampa I canny wake my dad up,so I ran in the house he was still warm so I got him in the recover position stuck my fingers in his mouth and was being brainless sick my granddaughter phoned an ambulance that was there within 9 minutes bu could see his lip getting blu,I said to paramedic hes gon isn't he,he replied yes but hes not long gone we will try our best the worked on him fo45 mins then they got pulse they rushed him from biggar to wishaw,then the lost the pulse near the hospital,but got it back again bu he passed away,at 5 past 11 on Wednesday morning surounde by all his family,only consolation we have he suffered no pain and died peacefully in his,now comes the worst to have cremate,my son on Wednesday 21/2/24,at 2pm at South Lanarkshire crematorium,this I photo off his coffin,I am the proudest dad in the world off my son he fought for and got full custody off his 2 beautiful red head ,girls close 18 and Abbie aged 15,ho got sole custody off them 2 girls over there mother that say everything you need to know about my son Daniel aged 38,his first celtic game was aleague cup vayr utd in1988,i took him to celtic games since he was 2 he became the youngest head greenkeeper at 35 that I have heard about,we went all over Europe me and him,Ajax Utrecht,stuggart Luxemburg Lyon vig,vig Sevilla barçelona twice Milan 3 times and so many more,god bless son if there is one we aren't religious just good Tims that's what we was and are,so R.I.P Daniel love dad
Sincere condolences M
No words
Such a tragic thing and with two young daughters
My heart goes out to you and your family
Yours in Celtic
YNWA

Oh McGarrell, what an horrendous thing to have happened to your family.

May your bhoy rest in peace and you'll be in my prayers tonight. 🙏

What a sad story McGarrell, I'm sure all the Tims everywhere not just here on the Noise feel your & your granddaughters pain.
At least you know you had a close & enjoyable relationship with Daniel thru Celtic & our Celtic culture, with our songs and companionship with Tims home & abroad. They call it Paradise for a reason.
Although the Celtic board often let us down, on the plus side, is the Celtic support, (often lead with the Green Brigade) who make us proud to be Celtic supporters.
Supporting the poor, needy and dispossessed.
Finally McGarrell try and be brave in front of your granddaughter they need you now that there father is no longer with them, by your post I know that will come easy for you.
HH

Awe McG my sincere condolences mate, to you and your family... Young Daniel sounds like the type of person I'd loved to have met, and as you say a remarkable achievement in fighting for and getting custody of your Grandchildren, no wonder you are so proud of him..

I know you'll continue to look after them now, but remember to look after yourself as well, being a rock and letting out our own grief in whatever way is not something most of us are any good at... Be strong mate... I will be thinking of you and your family on Wed mate.

Take care, and remember we are here if you need to chat.

YNWA

Oh man so sorry to hear that M..may your boy rest in peace…stay strong mate.

It is without argument the most awful thing any human being can suffer. To lose a son or daughter is just the worst possible thing that can happen. truth, I'm struggling to find the words to express my feelings and thoughts. My heart goes out to you and your family. Like the rest of our fellow Noiser's I feel your pain and share your grief at this time. We are all here for you.

Mate I truly feel your pain. A tragic loss. We're all here for you. 🍀

So sorry to hear that McG. It’s tragic when someone so young passes.
My thoughts go out to you and your granddaughters. So sad.
RIP Daniel.

Condolences M heartbreaking to hear about your sad loss.It took good strength from you to tell us Daniel may the angels guide him home to God, about your loss. That strength and the strength you get from family and close ones I know will see you through. Prayers and novena will be said for Daniel and your family. God bless you all🙏🙏

Back