Need yer help again guys

Just playing devil's advocate for a moment as I think more has been made of this whole debacle than is absolutely necessary.

First things first, if Rod has been a Celtic supporter "for over 40-years", then that still leaves 30-odd where he wasn't.

Secondly, The Green Brigade seem, in the main, to be a young young team and who hasn't done and said some daft things in the naivety of youth?

Thirdly, seniority doesn't give rank when it comes to being a fan of the club. There are plenty of the younger generation who, relatively speaking, give up a greater proportion of their income to support Celtic than the vast majority of the 'elite' fans.

Lastly, in 15-20 years time, The Green Brigade will be just like us now and complaining aboot the next generation of whippersnappers bringing the club into disrepute.........that's the way of being a football fan.

Aye but they knew it was coming previously so really they should not be punishing anyone, there has been games since and a punishment was in place v Rennes.
Not saying it will happen Boab, but they keep giving the board ammunition,for want of a better word!
When do the board take action,when EUFA close down a section of the ground,all of the ground,or do the board wait till we crash £million in fines!

Not saying it will happen Boab, but they keep giving the board ammunition,for want of a better word!
When do the board take action,when EUFA close down a section of the ground,all of the ground,or do the board wait till we crash £million in fines!
Aye agree with you MD, just believe they knew about this one and were just waiting on the penalty side so they done the Rennes game.

Imo the Green Brigade need Weeding out. Politics has no place in football. As for tories not welcome at Celtic Park Brother Walfried would turn in is grave. We are a club open to all no matter religion politics race color or creed. Now I for one don't care what political affiliations any one has but to tell an individual to f**k off because of it is wrong totally wrong. The Green Brigade do not speak for me. I know it's all about free speach but they could have said it better than they did.

On reflection,think the banner was out of order,somethin' not right about publicly calling out a supporter,for congratulating someone,the majority of us don't like,a bit like a thread on here a while back,calling someone out,the perception/insinuation. that person was a hun
In the cold light of day and with hangover smited, it wasn't their finest hour - but I'd put it down to a bit of daftness, as opposed to anything sinister or malicious.

I think we're making more of it than Rod has (and kudos to him for that).

On the subject of that thread, Michael. I believe that the OP was just trying to clear the air as there had been a few wee battles raging between one particular lad and a few other regular contributors. I believe the intention was just to clear the air and whilst I agree that it possibly wasn't required, I don't think the OP was suggesting that the lad was a hun. To be fair, he went out of his way in the original post to state that he felt that that wasn't the case.

HH, MD - bring on the tarts

In the cold light of day and with hangover smited, it wasn't their finest hour - but I'd put it down to a bit of daftness, as opposed to anything sinister or malicious.

On the subject of that thread, Michael. I believe that the OP was just trying to clear the air as there had been a few wee battles raging between one particular lad and a few other regular contributors. I believe the intention was just to clear the air and whilst I agree that it possibly wasn't required, I don't think the OP was suggesting that the lad was a hun. To be fair, he went out of his way in the original post to state that he felt that that wasn't the case.

True SP!

Imo the Green Brigade need Weeding out. Politics has no place in football. As for tories not welcome at Celtic Park Brother Walfried would turn in is grave. We are a club open to all no matter religion politics race color or creed. Now I for one don't care what political affiliations any one has but to tell an individual to f**k off because of it is wrong totally wrong. The Green Brigade do not speak for me. I know it's all about free speach but they could have said it better than they did.
Aye, let's all abide by the Corinthian spirit, do as we're told and take our rightful place at the back of the bus.

Whether we like it or not, politics, religion, racism, bigotry, hatred, cultural and ethnic differences are evident in all sports, not just football.

You're writing about a utopian concept that just doesn't exist in sport, particularly football. Football built it's popularity on ordinary people having an opportunity to forget their abject poverty and vent their spleen for 90 minutes and if anybody doesn't think that Brother Walfrid didn't see child poverty as a political issue, then I'm not sure what planet they've been residing on for the last 132-years.

Back