Negative SMSM

I think when you're with your own you are entitled to give a view on your team and criticise if that's what you feel.
We debated the NL appointment on here for quite a while and there were strong views expressed. But he was appointed and we all wished him success.
But while with our own it's fine, but lord help anyone else who criticises my team!!
HH

All Celtic fans should stop criticising the team. The SMSM jump on this. Operation stop 10 is in full swing. Keep the faith.
So we just nod and pretend everything is great when its not. fuck the smsm, they will do what they do regardless. Celtic need to know that the support aint happy with our continual decline in Europe and start to the season form wise. There's a simple solution, play better, prepare for the CL, stop buying cheap players who will never make it. Stop playing your pals who are not playing anywhere near good enough. Play the players on the bench, if for no other reason you motivate his favourites to turn it on or sit on their arse. Criticism is vital, what we are moaning about is as always self fucking inflicted. They start giving a fuck about progressing and securing CL money then people will get off their back, until then, they will get criticism and as I said, fuck the SMSM.

Last edited:
I think Celtic are always a critical support and thats why MSM run such pieces, they think we'll buy into it as we want to engage and respond. Much like they blow smoke up the arses of huns because they like to simply be told how all powerful they are and how everything is rosey, so they feed them bullshit and they lap it up.
I don't think we should ever stop with critical analysis and not just in the bad times. It keeps everyone involved with the club (hopefully) self aware and know what they say and do will be examined, and as TV said earlier SMSM will so what they do regardless. It's has always been thus.

All Celtic fans should stop criticising the team. The SMSM jump on this. Operation stop 10 is in full swing. Keep the faith.
Sorry bud,no can do. We're fans for a reason. We love the club and when you love someone/something, you want them to be the best they can be . Nobody criticises because we want to. We'd all love to be sitting here with fk all to moan about and back slapping each other. In reality if someone in the family let's you or themselves down,it's normal to have a wee pop at them and then you get back to supporting them.HH

Positive feedback is good.

Criticism with healthy scepticism is good.

Msm will write inflammatory stuff.

But being honest about how you read the game is important imo.

1 the board are not leading ship on communication front
2. lenny may well be under pressure, but no matter who had job the celtic job comes with that
3. if he is on the weird communication page, he will rightly get constructive criticism
4 What papers write is not a celtic issue unless its defamation or damaging without objective reasoning.
5 What any other team does to stop the ten is their prerogative.
6 Communication should be better from club towards paying fans first but all fans next
7 All criticism can be mitigated by truthful openess

to me the board are more interested in dollars in than communicating with fans

If Lenny is master tactician he shouldn't feel any pressure when he gets slated for what doesn't tickle the fans perceptions

If he aint up to the job then he should find a new job with less hassles

But if you couple recent weird formations and team selections with the press conferences there is room for serious constructive criticism

Now stop fecking about Lenny and get your honest hat back on pronto and communicate like a proper manager rather than the recent superstar over the moon fantastic patter, and if the board are no backing you with players you want then be more candid about why they being frugal (may well be justified)

our strikers are feeding off scraps

you say wonderful

our midfield are playing on the wings more than central is that your master plan?

our players are 30 yards from nearest player, even when he aint very good at passing straight?

is that the plan?

the defence are regularly abandoned to launch 40 plus yard passes. is that part of the tactics?

christie will only pass if he thinks he too far away for a shot, which seems to be getting further away from the goals each game

wee frimpong cant pass straight very often

Taylor looks lost past half way line but he plays further forward than McGregor and christie most of the match?

Eddy looks like he been told to play on the defensive line rather than dynamic running game he plays so well

its almost like Lenny deliberately asking players to do stuff they aren't that great at then gives them 10s instead of 6 which they are giving.

we actually have very good footballers in the team

but they are playing well below their capabilities in most matches and its hard to watch let alone enjoy

even if its winning

its up for criticism

we technically are playing 3 1 4 2 last game

with no midfielders

all 4 of the 4 behind strikers are 30 yards at least north of brown and 40 yards north of defence

and they appear to be playing as doubled up outside lefts and rights without any dangerous crossing

which explains why we dont get ball much to strikers

neither frimpong or Taylor are very hot at passing ball

accuracy is poor

when they give ball away we have wide areas exposed and no midfield in fit state to run back and support the winning ball back

totally inefficient system

352 is traditionally a long ball shape

but we have no strikers noted for their aerial prowess

and no middle midfielders keeping ball on deck through middle with low sharp passes to create chances for our clinical strikers

no midfield and dysfunctional wing play leads to few chances

but imo

our players are better than most other teams players so we dont get beaten that often

may well be master tactics that are way over my head

but sadly for me its piss to watch

it doesn't create many gilt edged chances for strikers

and knackers our players out excessively which over time will injure the players, imo

Last edited:
Positive feedback is good.

Criticism with healthy scepticism is good.

Msm will write inflammatory stuff.

But being honest about how you read the game is important imo.

1 the board are not leading ship on communication front
2. lenny may well be under pressure, but no matter who had job the celtic job comes with that
3. if he is on the weird communication page, he will rightly get constructive criticism
4 What papers write is not a celtic issue unless its defamation or damaging without objective reasoning.
5 What any other team does to stop the ten is their prerogative.
6 Communication should be better from club towards paying fans first but all fans next
7 All criticism can be mitigated by truthful openess

to me the board are more interested in dollars in than communicating with fans

If Lenny is master tactician he shouldn't feel any pressure when he gets slated for what doesn't tickle the fans perceptions

If he aint up to the job then he should find a new job with less hassles

But if you couple recent weird formations and team selections with the press conferences there is room for serious constructive criticism

Now stop fecking about Lenny and get your honest hat back on pronto and communicate like a proper manager rather than the recent superstar over the moon fantastic patter, and if the board are no backing you with players you want then be more candid about why they being frugal (may well be justified)

our strikers are feeding off scraps

you say wonderful

our midfield are playing on the wings more than central is that your master plan?

our players are 30 yards from nearest player, even when he aint very good at passing straight?

is that the plan?

the defence are regularly abandoned to launch 40 plus yard passes. is that part of the tactics?

christie will only pass if he thinks he too far away for a shot, which seems to be getting further away from the goals each game

wee frimpong cant pass straight very often

Taylor looks lost past half way line but he plays further forward than McGregor and christie most of the match?

Eddy looks like he been told to play on the defensive line rather than dynamic running game he plays so well

its almost like Lenny deliberately asking players to do stuff they aren't that great at then gives them 10s instead of 6 which they are giving.

we actually have very good footballers in the team

but they are playing well below their capabilities in most matches and its hard to watch let alone enjoy

even if its winning

its up for criticism

we technically are playing 3 1 4 2 last game

with no midfielders

all 4 of the 4 behind strikers are 30 yards at least north of brown and 40 yards north of defence

and they appear to be playing as doubled up outside lefts and rights without any dangerous crossing

which explains why we dont get ball much to strikers

neither frimpong or Taylor are very hot at passing ball

accuracy is poor

when they give ball away we have wide areas exposed and no midfield in fit state to run back and support the winning ball back

totally inefficient system

352 is traditionally a long ball shape

but we have no strikers noted for their aerial prowess

and no middle midfielders keeping ball on deck through middle with low sharp passes to create chances for our clinical strikers

no midfield and dysfunctional wing play leads to few chances

but imo

our players are better than most other teams players so we dont get beaten that often

may well be master tactics that are way over my head

but sadly for me its piss to watch

it doesn't create many gilt edged chances for strikers

and knackers our players out excessively which over time will injure the players, imo
We need balance in the team....We ain't got it (yet)

We need balance in the team....We ain't got it (yet)
To go right against the grain of popularity

frimpong looks great till he needs to pass then looks 12

no quality in passing despite his rare talents dribbling and moving

nice to watch, gets blood going then urgh

Taylor looks like a defender rather than winger and well im pretty sure he was always a left defender till we signed him. urgh

2 centre backs are fine for me no matter which 2 are picked

but both left and right backs are still needing strengthened imo

I would very much like a proper experienced centre mid asap who bought to play centre mid

no a winger or am or defensive mid

a centre mid who can play centre mid

and if we need another striker with an aerial presence and hold up skills then that would suit me.

or 424 but with defenders and wingers and strikers who can take it high or low

but thats just my preference

2 midfielders who can defend attack and pass the ball accurate and first touch fast.

View attachment 11375

What about this begging bastard John james and his steaming pile of shite blog. Hun at the beg.
Hi boab, hope all's well old mucker. Anyway, having just received a £10 to spend on paypal, I wonde should i use it for a password for a month with access to JJ's unrivalled "journalism", or a favourite Chinese takeaway? Oh the decisions we have to make in life.
Decision made, Chinese it is then, free meal takes it. It was a close call, (not).

The Keevster's mask slipped on Snyde tonight, Hun on saying scottish football owe the the scum a debt of gratitude! after the way they were treated in 2012!(ah know, ma feckin sides!) keevster said, " you were'nt relegated.you went into administration,then you were liquidated,your problems were of your own making!!!! 🍺 🥳

The Keevster's mask slipped on Snyde tonight, Hun on saying scottish football owe the the scum a debt of gratitude! after the way they were treated in 2012!(ah know, ma feckin sides!) keevster said, " you were'nt relegated.you went into administration,then you were liquidated,your problems were of your own making!!!! 🍺 🥳
He's a dafty, and getting more and more ridiculous as the years go by. Comes with getting older!
Don't hate him, more tolerate him like i do my Granda'.

To be fair to the Hugh , he pretty much always says that when the idiot section do their bleeding heart shite. The land of make believe v the real world and poor old Sevco still choose the former.

Members online

Latest posts

Back