Never seen my Celtic this way.

Guys I'm in totally awe of the precision football we're playing right now. It's a bit like playing on a console. It's fekn dynamite to watch regardless of opposition. We do it our way. Whether that pylophosy works tomorrow I don't know. But it's the Celtic Way.
It takes your breath away the speed and accuracy of this scintillating football. It might not be good enough for tomorrow night (but we will still hope and dream that it is) but it is so exciting to watch. For Ange to have gotten us so far on in such a short timeframe and with such an incredible turn-over of playing personnel is mind blowing. Yet he remains so calm and assured and instills the team & coaching staff with amazing self belief.

I have had the pleasure of seeing Big Jock's Quality Street Bhoys, King Billy's team, Tommy Burns' entertainers, MoN's Seville side and Rodger's invincibles. Yet this is trully the most electrifying Celtic performances I have seen. I think we are at the beginning of a special time at our club and hope we get the success our amazing players deserve. 💚

Guys I'm in totally awe of the precision football we're playing right now. It's a bit like playing on a console. It's fekn dynamite to watch regardless of opposition. We do it our way. Whether that pylophosy works tomorrow I don't know. But it's the Celtic Way.
I consider myself a very privileged Bhoy, Stevie: due to the length of time I've followed our club, I have seen some wonderful teams, and indeed truly world class players wearing The Hoops. Let me just say, I've never been one to compare eras, or teams from times past, but I know exactly what you mean. My daughter and son in law actually said the same thing as yourself after the demolition on Saturday. What I am happy to say though, is, we could be on the verge of another very special time in our remarkable history. Embrace it !

It takes your breath away the speed and accuracy of this scintillating football. It might not be good enough for tomorrow night (but we will still hope and dream that it is) but it is so exciting to watch. For Ange to have gotten us so far on in such a short timeframe and with such an incredible turn-over of playing personnel is mind blowing. Yet he remains so calm and assured and instills the team & coaching staff with amazing self belief.

I have had the pleasure of seeing Big Jock's Quality Street Bhoys, King Billy's team, Tommy Burns' entertainers, MoN's Seville side and Rodger's invincibles. Yet this is trully the most electrifying Celtic performances I have seen. I think we are at the beginning of a special time at our club and hope we get the success our amazing players deserve. 💚
You beat me to it with your reply to Stevie BB; I was typing as you were posting. You are 100% spot on.

Well said yir gettin guid at this 👏👏👏

HH 👍

Our fans deserve this team, and all the accolades coming their way too
It's been more than twenty years when a team has come together with a single minded goal to play for each and the fans, they have each others backs and the way big Ange has them training and setting up for games is brilliant
Watched the Lions as a Bhoy, then watched MON's team galvanise and take on all comers, this team has the same 'feel' about it
Should be some atmosphere tomorrow night at our stadium, regardless of the result...ENJOY
Ignore the bluebottles, we are CELTIC and we've got the big trophy in the cabinet, they don't, and they never will

COYBIG
HH

If we perform like we have then we can do very well. History tells us that we should be beaten easily by Real BUT History does not predict the future. My dream is that we can make all of Europe marvel at our performance. I'll get a bet on today because after the game our odds might plummet. How would you feel if we beat Real 4-0 tomorrow? Would the world notice? of course they would.

John no (I think) made this point in another thread: Not only are we a good team, we're a smart team. I mentioned this before, but when you look at David Turnbull's interception and goal, that was pure gold. Then you look at how we control the midfield with O'Riley and Hatate -- especially O'Riley's pass to Jota for his goal -- and that kind of thing is almost instinctive moreso than anything you can coach someone to do.

I can't sleep because of Tuesday's game, but I think we can beat Real Madrid at home. We may not and that's life, but if we do, it will show that we are a force to contend with.

Guys I'm in totally awe of the precision football we're playing right now. It's a bit like playing on a console. It's fekn dynamite to watch regardless of opposition. We do it our way. Whether that works tomorrow I don't know. But it's the Celtic Way.
I'll be totally honest here, Stevie - having been a defensive player, my outlook on football has always been slightly 'risk averse' especially when playing in the defensive third.

There are times when I'm watching between the cracks in my fingers when the ball's being played along the back line, but from middle to front, I really do love the way that the team try to play a positive pass or make an equally positive movement to break teams down.

7/8 times out of 10, the move will eventually break down, but it is incredibly difficult for any defender to concentrate and retain shape for an entire game when you are being relentlessly tested, pursued and asked those types of questions. I believe that's why we have found that great habit of scoring early goals and late goals, as it is impossible to resist that pressure over the course of 90-minutes.

For two-years under Lenny, everything was played in front of packed defences and with no real pace or precision. It was efficient for a short period, but once opponents sussed it, then we were pretty easy to nullify.

This current squad can hit you from anywhere, at any time, but most importantly - in the blink of an eye. They try things and it doesn't always come off, but they don't let it shake them and they'll keep trying to be positive even when it doesn't always pay off.

I have to also praise the fans for their willingness to buy into what the team are trying to do. We've all been at games where passes aren't finding their targets, or it just isn't working out for a couple of lads and you hear the frustration and restlessness among the crowd. The fans haven't been doing that recently. They know the philosophy and they understand that it isn't always going to pay off, they are not slaughtering anyone though and keep encouraging the boys to play their football.

We've all seen how pressure can affect players and make them fearful of making mistakes, but this squad are being encouraged to try that risky through ball or wee flick and turn because the supporters know that when it does come off, then the dividends are huge.

The really interesting thing about this side though is, is that they are still not close to being the finished article and haven't hit top gear yet..........That is truly frightening when you consider how We've started the season and I can't wait to see what the outcome will be when the whole team are firing on all cylinders.

I'm trying to contain my excitement, as We've all seen plenty of false dawns, but this team are on the cusp of being something really special and I can't wait to see how far they can go.

Sure, we will take a humping or two in the process, but that's all part of that steep learning curve and even that will pay dividends in the long run.

It's other fans too, Stevie. I've had arabs and dee fans say how exciting it is to watch football like that in Scotland. You might never convert these fans in terms of who they support, but teams like this current Celtic side can influence a new generation of players to try and emulate what they're doing.

I mean, it's not just down to having incredibly talented players. It's in the coaching too. When you see what has happened wie Tony and Taylor, then you realise that Ange has turned two 'triers' into genuinely talented footballers who certainly don't look out of place in that side, yet only 18-months ago, I would have had them both out of the place altogether.

I agree entirely, Stevie........I've seen plenty of great Celtic sides throughout my half-century+, but I've never seen this type of Celtic side before and it's certainly got me interested.

I'll be totally honest here, Stevie - having been a defensive player, my outlook on football has always been slightly 'risk averse' especially when playing in the defensive third.

There are times when I'm watching between the cracks in my fingers when the ball's being played along the back line, but from middle to front, I really do love the way that the team try to play a positive pass or make an equally positive movement to break teams down.

7/8 times out of 10, the move will eventually break down, but it is incredibly difficult for any defender to concentrate and retain shape for an entire game when you are being relentlessly tested, pursued and asked those types of questions. I believe that's why we have found that great habit of scoring early goals and late goals, as it is impossible to resist that pressure over the course of 90-minutes.

For two-years under Lenny, everything was played in front of packed defences and with no real pace or precision. It was efficient for a short period, but once opponents sussed it, then we were pretty easy to nullify.

This current squad can hit you from anywhere, at any time, but most importantly - in the blink of an eye. They try things and it doesn't always come off, but they don't let it shake them and they'll keep trying to be positive even when it doesn't always pay off.

I have to also praise the fans for their willingness to buy into what the team are trying to do. We've all been at games where passes aren't finding their targets, or it just isn't working out for a couple of lads and you hear the frustration and restlessness among the crowd. The fans haven't been doing that recently. They know the philosophy and they understand that it isn't always going to pay off, they are not slaughtering anyone though and keep encouraging the boys to play their football.

We've all seen how pressure can affect players and make them fearful of making mistakes, but this squad are being encouraged to try that risky through ball or wee flick and turn because the supporters know that when it does come off, then the dividends are huge.

The really interesting thing about this side though is, is that they are still not close to being the finished article and haven't hit top gear yet..........That is truly frightening when you consider how We've started the season and I can't wait to see what the outcome will be when the whole team are firing on all cylinders.

I'm trying to contain my excitement, as We've all seen plenty of false dawns, but this team are on the cusp of being something really special and I can't wait to see how far they can go.

Sure, we will take a humping or two in the process, but that's all part of that steep learning curve and even that will pay dividends in the long run.

It's other fans too, Stevie. I've had arabs and dee fans say how exciting it is to watch football like that in Scotland. You might never convert these fans in terms of who they support, but teams like this current Celtic side can influence a new generation of players to try and emulate what they're doing.

I mean, it's not just down to having incredibly talented players. It's in the coaching too. When you see what has happened wie Tony and Taylor, then you realise that Ange has turned two 'triers' into genuinely talented footballers who certainly don't look out of place in that side, yet only 18-months ago, I would have had them both out of the place altogether.

I agree entirely, Stevie........I've seen plenty of great Celtic sides throughout my half-century+, but I've never seen this type of Celtic side before and it's certainly got me interested.
Great piece as always SP and the confidence and belief with a unity amongst the team and all done with the freedom to really show there true worth in there skills now makes this current celtic team the most exciting team I've ever witnessed.
Also believe the Barry fungihun statement of "The orange midget has Ange sussed" is an all time classic for one the dopey prick will never live down and we certainly won't let him forget it.
There are so many times already this season where the coaching manual has been shredded and no matter what the scum try to moan and whinge about there own defensive frailties and none imaginative attacking play, they still couldn't work out how our quality of goals came about.
1st goal, how was O'Reilly in that position to get a cross in for the goal?
2nd goal, how was Jota able to get into that position to score such a truly wonderful goal?
3rd, Taylor still able to get a cross into a packed area and still abada not getting picked up
4th Turnbull of all people applying such a high press to force the huge mistake
All in all so much of the robotic coaching manual is nowhere in play here, especially with O'Reilly and turnbull as couldn't even think of another manager who would have been happy for his players taking up such positions in the 1st place and must admit that the risk is huge and very much doubt I could take such a brave approach to the game myself but the rewards are outstanding and truly amazing to witness and long may it continue also.
HH

Another thing I like is that subs don't alter the intensity,tactics or performance of the team. Nine changes against Ross County and nothing changed.
COYBIG.

Back