New CEO

A statement from Ange on 15th October 2021..
The relationship is working well,it helps that Michael has already been here and I already knew Michael,he was involved in a lot of our transfer dealings.
So I have already had an established relationship with Michael,which made it easier in terms of the transition.
Michael understands because he has been here the job that is ahead of us,short,medium,and long term.
We are very much working together to put the pillars in place we need to.

Looks very much like Ange is happy working with Nicholson,so as supporters should we not let him and Nicholson know we are 100% behind them instead of demonstrating against Michael Nicholson and the board..
Now is not the time to cast a judgement on Nicholson,the end of the season IMO will be the time to have a look at what he has done for our club..

HH

A statement from Ange on 15th October 2021..
The relationship is working well,it helps that Michael has already been here and I already knew Michael,he was involved in a lot of our transfer dealings.
So I have already had an established relationship with Michael,which made it easier in terms of the transition.
Michael understands because he has been here the job that is ahead of us,short,medium,and long term.
We are very much working together to put the pillars in place we need to.

Looks very much like Ange is happy working with Nicholson,so as supporters should we not let him and Nicholson know we are 100% behind them instead of demonstrating against Michael Nicholson and the board..
Now is not the time to cast a judgement on Nicholson,the end of the season IMO will be the time to have a look at what he has done for our club..

HH
Only been involved in transfers GS is only part of the job of a CEO.
He has still been there long enough in a so called legal capacity and done fuck all to date.
Maybe he has grown a set of balls since the dubai fiasco and start to challenge the Scottish FA, but I would say they still remain firmly planted upon PL...............

After a worldwide search, and no doubt a drawer full of applications, Celtic have announced their new CEO as the wee guy that's sat in the desk outside big Peter's office for the last 8 years. His apprentice, Michael Nicholson.
World Class Club 😂

Celtic Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Michael Nicholson as Chief Executive with immediate effect.

Michael has held the position of Acting Chief Executive since early September. He was formerly Celtic’s Director of Legal and Football Affairs and has been with the Club since 2013. Following a successful career in sports law, Michael (45) joined Celtic in 2013 as Company Secretary and Head of Legal.

He was promoted to Director of Legal and Football Affairs in 2019. Michael has been a key member of the Club’s executive team working directly with the Board, the Chief Executive and the Football Manager.

Chris McKay, the Club’s Finance Director and member of the Board, will assume the role of Chief Financial Officer, with a broader range of executive responsibilities.

Michael Nicholson said: “As a Celtic supporter all my life, I will do everything I can to drive the Club forward, working at all times in the best interests of Celtic.

“I have been fortunate to be part of this great institution for a number of years and it is a privilege to now hold this new responsibility. We have a team of brilliant people who are absolutely committed to Celtic and we will work together to deliver success for the Club and our supporters.

“I look forward to working with Ange, the Board, our colleagues and supporters in order to advance as a club, proud of our traditions and dedicated to constant improvement.

“The current environment remains uncertain and everyone at the Club recognises and sincerely appreciates the ongoing commitment of our supporters. Our League Cup victory at the weekend gives us all something to celebrate and we look forward to continuing success for Celtic Football Club.”

Celtic Chairman Ian Bankier said: “We are delighted to confirm this appointment. Michael is well known and highly respected across football domestically and internationally. He has the ability and experience to take Celtic forward positively and achieve great results.

“The appointments of Michael and Chris bring important continuity. They have been close to Ange since his arrival as football manager in the summer, and since then they have supported him brilliantly and will continue to do so as we further develop our football operations."
Tin pot mentality from the club. Been in the role for months and not 1 word from him.
I think the club released the Higgins story that he wouldn't be getting the job to try and slip this in without anyone really noticing .
As long as he knows to keep his nose out of the football side that will do for just now.
But come on, how is this guy anyway qualified for the job

Tin pot mentality from the club. Been in the role for months and not 1 word from him.
I think the club released the Higgins story that he wouldn't be getting the job to try and slip this in without anyone really noticing .
As long as he knows to keep his nose out of the football side that will do for just now.
But come on, how is this guy anyway qualified for the job
In theory glasbhoy, he should be the best suited for the position with his so called legal experience.
Already he has a job to do and still have no idea on what the answer is.
So the Derby goes ahead on a date when we could have potentially kyogo and Rogic unavailable, even with potential new Japanese signings.
So if this game goes ahead under such circumstances and we don't get the result required, then he can fuck off out of the building ASAP as far as I'm concerned.
So will leave my real opinion upon him for a few weeks yet, but wouldn't be full of confidence upon him as things stand still.

Only been involved in transfers GS is only part of the job of a CEO.
He has still been there long enough in a so called legal capacity and done fuck all to date.
Maybe he has grown a set of balls since the dubai fiasco and start to challenge the Scottish FA, but I would say they still remain firmly planted upon PL...............
I have never thought John that Lawwell was not behind 99% of what goes on at Parkhead.
Even now I believe he has his beak in everything which is happening and I also believe that is how it will remain until Nicholson and Ange let everybody see they can handle things without him..
There is not a human being alive my friend who despises this man more than me,but that does not deter from the fact that Ange is happy working with Nicholson no matter who it was who put him there as our new CEO,he at the very least deserves a chance to prove himself to the fans that he is in this for Celtic Football Club and not for himself or the board..
I am a great believer John in giving everybody a chance to prove themselves no matter what people think,Michael Nicholson is no different,everybody deserves a chance mate..

HH

I have never thought John that Lawwell was not behind 99% of what goes on at Parkhead.
Even now I believe he has his beak in everything which is happening and I also believe that is how it will remain until Nicholson and Ange let everybody see they can handle things without him..
There is not a human being alive my friend who despises this man more than me,but that does not deter from the fact that Ange is happy working with Nicholson no matter who it was who put him there as our new CEO,he at the very least deserves a chance to prove himself to the fans that he is in this for Celtic Football Club and not for himself or the board..
I am a great believer John in giving everybody a chance to prove themselves no matter what people think,Michael Nicholson is no different,everybody deserves a chance mate..

HH
Not disagreeing GS, and that's great news Ange seems comfortable enough to work alongside him.
Yet his role within the club demands more than just keeping Ange happy, as the supporters have to be considered also, along with the well being of the club, as sitting idle against sevco scum (SS) still remains totally unacceptable in my book anyway.
Will he be able to deliver? None of us know the answer to that yet, but coming from the background he has, still wouldn't fill me with confidence and expecting more of the staying silent upon important issues within the club, so nothing new, but live in hope that he will bring about the changes needed

IMO Michael Nicholson needs to do 3 things.
He needs to have Ange,s back in the transfer market.
He needs to get the supporters back on side.
He needs to build for the future in a literal sense,starting with Barrowfield.
If he does these 3 things he will have succeeded where Lawwell failed miserably.
I have no doubt Lawwell was one of the best at his job hence the £70,000 per week wages
along with big fat bonuses at the end of the year,but his people skills IMO were non existent
and still are,this will be the easiest part of the job for Nicholson,all he has to do is speak to us and give us a wee bit of insight to what his plans are for the club,something Lawwell never at any time thought we were worthy of..

HH

IMO Michael Nicholson needs to do 3 things.
He needs to have Ange,s back in the transfer market.
He needs to get the supporters back on side.
He needs to build for the future in a literal sense,starting with Barrowfield.
If he does these 3 things he will have succeeded where Lawwell failed miserably.
I have no doubt Lawwell was one of the best at his job hence the £70,000 per week wages
along with big fat bonuses at the end of the year,but his people skills IMO were non existent
and still are,this will be the easiest part of the job for Nicholson,all he has to do is speak to us and give us a wee bit of insight to what his plans are for the club,something Lawwell never at any time thought we were worthy of..

HH
Think you have forgotten about what is going on within the Scottish FA, GS.
Is he prepared to try and clean up the whole Scottish game? Starting with the mib's for a start.
I still remain doubtful, much like PL was, and look how that has materialise now.
Paying anyone that amount of money upon failure for the good of the club is hardly money well spent imo.

Not disagreeing GS, and that's great news Ange seems comfortable enough to work alongside him.
Yet his role within the club demands more than just keeping Ange happy, as the supporters have to be considered also, along with the well being of the club, as sitting idle against sevco scum (SS) still remains totally unacceptable in my book anyway.
Will he be able to deliver? None of us know the answer to that yet, but coming from the background he has, still wouldn't fill me with confidence and expecting more of the staying silent upon important issues within the club, so nothing new, but live in hope that he will bring about the changes needed
He is obviously not a mug John so surely he will see he needs to get the fans on his side something that snake Lawwell could never do and IMO never cared one way or the other.
Son long as the partnership between him and Ange is good then I believe the fans and the club will be good mate.
His biggest task IMO will be to grow a pair and tell him,thanks Peter but no thanks..
Ange and me have this..

HH

Think you have forgotten about what is going on within the Scottish FA, GS.
Is he prepared to try and clean up the whole Scottish game? Starting with the mib's for a start.
I still remain doubtful, much like PL was, and look how that has materialise now.
Paying anyone that amount of money upon failure for the good of the club is hardly money well spent imo.
He needs to get away from Lawwell clutches mate or he will fall at the first hurdle.
I would hate to see him allowing Lawwell to stick his beak in,I dont think Ange would take any shit from Lawwell but Nicholson could be a different animal,he is a 45 year old Lawyer John and all the man he is ever going to be,this is an opportunity every Celtic supporter can only dream about,he is the Celtic supporter whose dream has come true,,he now needs to make sure it does not turn into a nightmare..

HH.

He is obviously not a mug John so surely he will see he needs to get the fans on his side something that snake Lawwell could never do and IMO never cared one way or the other.
Son long as the partnership between him and Ange is good then I believe the fans and the club will be good mate.
His biggest task IMO will be to grow a pair and tell him,thanks Peter but no thanks..
Ange and me have this..

HH
Of course its all guessing games GS, and I'm only commenting upon things that have to be improved upon especially in helping Ange.
We can all see what a disadvantage we still remain at especially with players having to return from injury.
In any other potential league in Europe there is means in place to get players up to speed with match conditions.
So especially Jules trying to return from a long term injury, just like Forrest and Johnson have had to, there still remains nothing in place in Scotland, and never will, all the while such diddy and nothing teams have such a say still.
We still have to operate without promising youngsters given a fair opportunity to progress and fulfil there true ambition of succeeding at a club like celtic.
Now I will forever more fail to see how that is anyway helpful to any manager of Celtic, where the demands are so high and the diddy clubs have such a say.
So he has plenty of work to do still and if this bollox of trying to protect the "old firm brand" then he can get to fuck if that takes preference over running the club as a proper football club.
Of course only time will tell, but being in position over the whole Higgins fiasco is hardly going to make me feel comfortable with his confirmed appointment.

He needs to get away from Lawwell clutches mate or he will fall at the first hurdle.
I would hate to see him allowing Lawwell to stick his beak in,I dont think Ange would take any shit from Lawwell but Nicholson could be a different animal,he is a 45 year old Lawyer John and all the man he is ever going to be,this is an opportunity every Celtic supporter can only dream about,he is the Celtic supporter whose dream has come true,,he now needs to make sure it does not turn into a nightmare..

HH.
PL made the same claims and look how that ended.
I hope he can bring about the changes needed within the club, but is hardly going to if he remains having to work with his hands tied.
Only time will bring about the answer's, and needs to get the January transfer window as a success to have any chance of being successful within the role handed to him still.

That was Dom's big mistake - not worshipping at the temple of Lawwell and asking him what he would recommend doing forvevery decision. That is why he was "family reasoned" out of the building.

Imagine employing a highly paid experienced CEO with a succesful record in kick starting the fortunes of a sporting sleeping giant, opening up new revenue streams as he moderised its business philosophy!?!?!

How could we possibly have thought he might improve Celtic's fortunes instead of relying on the good old Old Firm business plan inconjunction with our ultra-ultra-cautious yet bizarre scatter-gun approach to our transfer activities.

This board have always treated us as eejits in the way they want to do there business and the business model they want to run without the consideration of the supporters and the best interests of the team, and so that still remains in place.
Our main focus is still upon regaining the title, in the hope of getting the players in to make it a strong possibility still.
Yet what will probably go unnoticed still is the lack of decent coaching in very key areas still.
A set piece coach still remains lacking in a very key area of the modern game both in attack and defence and has already been costing us badly so far this season.
Still Ange is lacking in having a proper number 2 for a tactical sence, which I would guess is the role of JK still, but we all know he isn't up for the role, especially with his preformance under lenny and having the decision making position himself.
So can I see this clown addressing 2 major situations within Ange management set up? Can I fuck, so regardless of what potential players we get in during transfer windows, we still remain hampered by a coaching set up that gives the players there true potential of reaching the heights of where there true potential can bring them to imo.
I remember celtic park was a fortress...

I remember celtic park was a fortress...
The way it should be Pedro, and slowly returning to that way thankfully.
Yet until this boardroom starts to really get its act together then it will remain upon tender hooks still until the conference returns upon such an untrustworthy lot still, and that has currently been growing still, so have we got a CEO now that can rebuild these bridges still?
Remain uncertain still.

We are 134 years in and politics predict that regardless of promises or the lack of it on who is appointed as the CEO or Indeed the directors of the board we will inevitably be let down. There are no real solutions ...nothing is learned in history in fact it usually repeats itself. Are there any examples of football supporters adoring their particular clubs board of directors. I think not. Yes we can force change but reality is we get someone else in who again we inevitably have different issues with. Many will say Fergus saved the club ...how many of them boooed the man on flag day to stop the living dead. Will never change in my opinion ...this is life this is politics ...wish it was different but its not. 💚🍀👍

I've said it for years to those wishing the de-throning of Lawwell.....there's are hundreds more like him waiting in the wings....we are a plc, CEO's are bound by the constraints of the plc.....the only way we will ever see proper change and satisfaction of how we are run is to become fan owned and have a say in who runs us..

Back