New champions league format

tommybhoy8881

Buzzing for the new champions league to see what it’s like and hope we can get top 24 and make the play offs ☘️nothing better than walking along to stadium to play the big teams from Spain Italy England etc (I know it’s been hard watch for years)but let’s all live in hope things will be different I’m not saying this because of lack of sleep but I think we could make the semi finals 😂☘️☘️☘️does anyone know the pots?

Buzzing for the new champions league to see what it’s like and hope we can get top 24 and make the play offs ☘️nothing better than walking along to stadium to play the big teams from Spain Italy England etc (I know it’s been hard watch for years)but let’s all live in hope things will be different I’m not saying this because of lack of sleep but I think we could make the semi finals 😂☘️☘️☘️does anyone know the pots?
Ceramic or plastic or Mary Jane thems ma 3 pots whits yours.

HH high

Last edited:
I appreciate your positivity Tommy, but I think you've been overdosing on the Maribor or inhaling too much paint fumes. There is no chance we'll get close to the semis. It will be interesting to see how the new format plays out. One thing you can be assured of is that the SPFL fixture super computer draws us to play awkward away games after European ties.

I appreciate your positivity Tommy, but I think you've been overdosing on the Maribor or inhaling too much paint fumes. There is no chance we'll get close to the semis. It will be interesting to see how the new format plays out. One thing you can be assured of is that the SPFL fixture super computer draws us to play awkward away games after European ties.
Bridie don’t take a positive and turn too a negative 😂we are in with the big bhoys now and I’m sure real and inter and all the rest will want to avoid us in the league because of all the unknown wingers we will buy in the summer 😂😂😂

Last edited:
1 league of 36 teams. Each side plays 8 different clubs - 2 from each pot, 1 home and 1 away.

After the 8 games, positions 1to 8 go straight through to the last 16 knock-out phase.

Positions 9 to 24 (16 sides) play a knock-out tie home & away over 2 legs. The 8 winners join the top 8 in the last 16. These 16 clubs play at least 10 games before the knock-out phase.

Positions 25 to 36 are straight out.

There are 20 clubs out of the 36 confirmed to be in the new league tournament.

20240513_205705.jpg

1 league of 36 teams. Each side plays 8 different clubs - 2 from each pot, 1 home and 1 away.

After the 8 games, positions 1to 8 go straight through to the last 16 knock-out phase.

Positions 9 to 24 (16 sides) play a knock-out tie home & away over 2 legs. The 8 winners join the top 8 in the last 16. These 16 clubs play at least 10 games before the knock-out phase.

Positions 25 to 36 are straight out.

There are 20 clubs out of the 36 confirmed to be in the new league tournament.

View attachment 25763
I dont see how that system is fairer than the last. 2 from each pot means 4 very tough games against financially doped billionaires boys clubs, pot 2 will be tough but theres still a chance at least depending who you draw.
Its a geared up to keep the rich in for as long as possible to me, let them fuck off to their Super League so they can bore the arse off eachother.

I dont see how that system is fairer than the last. 2 from each pot means 4 very tough games against financially doped billionaires boys clubs, pot 2 will be tough but theres still a chance at least depending who you draw.
Its a geared up to keep the rich in for as long as possible to me, let them fuck off to their Super League so they can bore the arse off eachother.
No one in charge wants anything fairer. It is purely a step nearer their much coveted Super League. This "Swiss Format" is just a means of pacifying the mega rich/in debt clubs and giving a wee sweetner to the pesky clubs like ourselves. They originally wanted 10 league matches but this got cut back to 8. All it means is even more demands on the players while shovelling even more Euros into the bank accounts of the self-proclaimed elite clubs.

No one in charge wants anything fairer. It is purely a step nearer their much coveted Super League. This "Swiss Format" is just a means of pacifying the mega rich/in debt clubs and giving a wee sweetner to the pesky clubs like ourselves. They originally wanted 10 league matches but this got cut back to 8. All it means is even more demands on the players while shovelling even more Euros into the bank accounts of the self-proclaimed elite clubs.
Just read we could stand to earn 35/40 mil from participating. However there is no drop into the Europa League, which is more our level.
Don't quote me, it was the DR.

Just read we could stand to earn 35/40 mil from participating. However there is no drop into the Europa League, which is more our level.
Don't quote me, it was the DR.
Every single club will earn a minimum of €18.6 million just for participating. That is up from €15.6 million currently. And with other automatic payments, that would in reality be €20.3 million for each club.

The bonuses for winning individual matches will actually go down, from €2.8 million per match to €2.1 million. But on the other hand, there will be more matches.

The prize money for reaching the round of sixteen will rise from €9.6 million to €11 million.

And then the bonuses for reaching the quarterfinals, semifinals, and final will be €12.5 million, €15 million, and €20 million respectively. The team to win the competition will receive prize money of €25 million. Beyond that, there is the share of the “market pool.” That amount will slightly favour the Premier League as the most successful league.

There will also be the extra gate receipt earnings. With more matches to play, teams can earn more from ticket sales for those matches.

The Champions League and Europa League matches will be played between September and January, while the Europa Conference League matches will be played between September and December. So we should be playing European football after Christmas is we do indeed win the league.

Each of the three UEFA club competitions will have one exclusive matchweek, with the other two competitions not being scheduled in this week.

In standard weeks, Champions League matches will be played on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, while Europa League and Europa Conference League matches will be contested on Thursdays. In the Champions League exclusive week, Champions League matches will be played on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

In the Europa League exclusive week, Europa League matches will be held on Wednesday and Thursday. In the Europa Conference League exclusive week, Europa Conference League matches will take place on Thursday.

For the last matchday of each of the competitions' league phases, all games will be played simultaneously.

I agree that the Europa League is our current level but you are correct that there is no more parachuting of knocked out clubs into this after the Group Stages.

Obv I don’t want it because it means we would need to finish 3rd but would love to win European trophy and conference league would be our best bet (conference league would be our second best ever achievement)anyway with a bit of luck we can be in the top 24 in champions league so fingers crossed and hopefully this new format goes in our favour but time will tell☘️

Well that's why Brenda said he came back 😂😂👍👍⚽⚽

I honestly can't see any major changes despite the Swiss model introduction.
I think I'd feel safe betting my last tenner on this champions league being the same as the other one but an added club.
Cheers for the info on it Bridie 👍
Was wondering if you know will same nation clubs be kept apart if possible, with Italy and Germany having 5 clubs each take part i can't see how that's possible but then UEFAs probably got iron man's JARVIS super computer on the case ,

Teams who have to qualify to get to Celtic's position in this new league, if they like the worst team ever in the old league, would they parachute to 1 of the other competitions, asking for my poor son-INLAW.

The he champions league group stage format was great to start with but it ended up boring so hopefully this new model will work but time will tell (looking forward to playing 8 different teams tho and let’s hope we can sneak into the top 24) would like villa at Celtic park (probably the most beatable English side in the tournament even tho it’s still a big ask ….main thing is the Bhoys are in the big boys tournament this year ☘️ we need a few good results to build up our coefficient so that’s a good reason for the board to spend some cash☘️

The he champions league group stage format was great to start with but it ended up boring so hopefully this new model will work but time will tell (looking forward to playing 8 different teams tho and let’s hope we can sneak into the top 24) would like villa at Celtic park (probably the most beatable English side in the tournament even tho it’s still a big ask ….main thing is the Bhoys are in the big boys tournament this year ☘️ we need a few good results to build up our coefficient so that’s a good reason for the board to spend some cash☘️
Careful what you wish for Tommybhoy villa a side on the up under Emery.
Seems unlikely we'd not face an English side though, also likely to face a German and Italian side with both nations having 5 clubs in the next cl ( disgraceful) and a prelude to all the big 5 nations having 5 clubs I think.

Ask Bill And Ben flower pot men🤣🤣

Listen a will take anything and everthing the “champions league “ throws at us,win lose draw!!!and enjoy every second of it,,,this coulda been oh so bad this season,but for the bhoys knuckling down and the hunz shitting there scanties!!!let’s enjoy troops and rub there fuckin noses in it starting today👍🍀🍀oh and fingers crossed for Ross county staying in the league ballsy wee outfit done some damage to the hunz,more than most of the shitbags in this country🍀🍀🍀

Listen a will take anything and everthing the “champions league “ throws at us,win lose draw!!!and enjoy every second of it,,,this coulda been oh so bad this season,but for the bhoys knuckling down and the hunz shitting there scanties!!!let’s enjoy troops and rub there fuckin noses in it starting today👍🍀🍀oh and fingers crossed for Ross county staying in the league ballsy wee outfit done some damage to the hunz,more than most of the shitbags in this country🍀🍀🍀
Mon the County...

And I've decided next season not to expect anything in the CL, I'm just going to enjoy our participation and remember that we are there on merit as Champions of our bitter wee backwater...

Mind you if we spend 70 mullion in the summer I might change my mind 👀😇👀

Members online

Latest posts

Back