Next Season Just Got Even More Important

With both Ukrainian sides losing tonight and getting KO'd, Scottish 21/22 champions go straight into Champions League group stage in 22/23.
Makes what happens in the coming (hopefully) weeks vitality important.
Surely now that will kick the Celtic boards arse into gear and they'll go out and hire one of the top up and coming European managers........
Like John Kennedy......

Kieran Tierney thinks Kennedy should get the gig.......There must be something about him

That's a fair few players getting behind him now.....I guess they know better than the keyboard pundits

Kieran Tierney thinks Kennedy should get the gig.......There must be something about him

That's a fair few players getting behind him now.....I guess they know better than the keyboard pundits
He also thought it was a good idea to leave Celtic for Arsenal and gave up the chance to be a legend for his boyhood team.

So forgive me for not giving a flying f what he thinks.

P.s as a Celtic fan and also a long time fan of the Gooners I'm delighted he is playing and doing well .Its not that I dislike him I just think his judgement is dodgy as far as Celtic is concerned.

He also thought it was a good idea to leave Celtic for Arsenal and gave up the chance to be a legend for his boyhood team.

So forgive me for not giving a flying f what he thinks.

P.s as a Celtic fan and also a long time fan of the Gooners I'm delighted he is playing and doing well .Its not that I dislike him I just think his judgement is dodgy as far as Celtic is concerned.

Can't really blame him for wanting to better himself

Like I said, I'd rather take the opinion of someone who actually works/worked day to day with Kennedy than someone who has no idea what he has to offer

Is Kennedy the right man? I don't know? But he must have something about him

Last edited:

I have no idea of JK's coaching ability other than what I see on the park and so far I can't say I am too impressed. KT may know better but even his view is limited and biased. More importantly,in my opinion, we are not going to have an advantage over other teams when chasing a player by informing that player that he will be coached by John Kennedy. Unfair? Possibly but true I suspect.

So if we win the league next season we pocket about 30m from the CL thanks to the huns efforts in Europe? That would be poetic, get yer finger out Celtic!
You're correct Hoopy, it would be poetic. Alas, for that to be achieved would take a turnaround of monumental proportions. We are a country mile behind sevco for a reason, and it's not just because of our now departed manager. For me it's not just every department of the team we need to improve, it's every department of the club. Can it be done ? I believe it can....if we want it badly enough ! As things stand, sevco will start favourites.

You're correct Hoopy, it would be poetic. Alas, for that to be achieved would take a turnaround of monumental proportions. We are a country mile behind sevco for a reason, and it's not just because of our now departed manager. For me it's not just every department of the team we need to improve, it's every department of the club. Can it be done ? I believe it can....if we want it badly enough ! As things stand, sevco will start favourites.
I don't know Frank, must admit I've not watched much of the huns this season but from what I've seen the main difference between us and them is they have a keeper who makes saves, have an organised defence and get a shit load of penalties. I still think we have the better players overall, just need a manager to get the most out of them and sort out our defence.

I don't know Frank, must admit I've not watched much of the huns this season but from what I've seen the main difference between us and them is they have a keeper who makes saves, have an organised defence and get a shit load of penalties. I still think we have the better players overall, just need a manager to get the most out of them and sort out our defence.
Hi Hoopy, I get where you're coming from, but the points gap isn't there because of penalties and bent refs. Also, if we take their run in Europe against decent opposition, then we really must accept they're better than us. First step in solving any problem is to acknowledge that it exists. And ,of course, we know a number of our players will be playing elsewhere next season. I absolutely hope your optimism proves to be sound, but the realist in me says no.

No shit Sherlock

Back