Next Season Starts Tomorrow

Gary67

Dom McKay starts tomorrow and he has 3 months until the first ball of next season is kicked in anger. He has a thankless task turning around the shambles Lawwell has left him. In his first couple of weeks he needs to appoint a Sporting Director, a Manager and backroom team and a Head of Recruitment, whilst at the same time work out how the hell he sells season tickets to a disenfranchised and angry support.
Kennedy should be instructed not to pick players we know definitely won’t be there next season. The loanees shouldn’t play, Kenny, Duffy and Laxalt (keep playing Elyounoussi as there’s a chance we may sign him permanently), the malcontents who’s attitude this season has been a major contributory factor in the clusterfuck, Edouard and Christie, shouldn’t play again and they can add Griffiths to the list as he couldn’t even be arsed to get himself fit.
An interesting few months ahead, get it right and we’ll be competitive again, get it wrong and it’ll be years before we get back close to where we’ve been before this current shambles of a season.

We let players go previous without bringing in replacements, guys like Lustig and Hayes and Gordon were still holding their own and would have been better cover for Taylor, Bain and Forrest had they all been out injured or in need of rest time.
Instead we gamble on loans in case they might be worth a punt all without thinking things through and when they don't perform we have no replacements because we let them go.
Today we watched players who must know they have no chance of been kept going through the motions, we watch players who want a move going through the motions, Sorro wants to be here and we bench him whilst Broonie's future is elsewhere leave him out he is not part of it now and he would still get a medal as a squad member. Kamala should have been given a long run in the games, all the cup games, so too should have the keeper to we see if he has a future, so called football experts not watching this unfold is the problem.

Last edited:
Dominic McKay starts his new job tomorrow. The best of luck. You’re going to need it. I hope you can start making the right decisions. Because it’s quite obvious the board that you’re going to be working with, haven’t this season. If there were mistakes to be made, they did them.

Dom McKay starts tomorrow and he has 3 months until the first ball of next season is kicked in anger. He has a thankless task turning around the shambles Lawwell has left him. In his first couple of weeks he needs to appoint a Sporting Director, a Manager and backroom team and a Head of Recruitment, whilst at the same time work out how the hell he sells season tickets to a disenfranchised and angry support.
Kennedy should be instructed not to pick players we know definitely won’t be there next season. The loanees shouldn’t play, Kenny, Duffy and Laxalt (keep playing Elyounoussi as there’s a chance we may sign him permanently), the malcontents who’s attitude this season has been a major contributory factor in the clusterfuck, Edouard and Christie, shouldn’t play again and they can add Griffiths to the list as he couldn’t even be arsed to get himself fit.
An interesting few months ahead, get it right and we’ll be competitive again, get it wrong and it’ll be years before we get back close to where we’ve been before this current shambles of a season.
Mc Kay will only be of any use if the absent landlord lets him get on with it and at Mc Kays pace. as Desmond has had 6 months to get a manager and we are still waiting.

BARKAS
DUFFY
KENNY
AJER
LAXALT
BROWN
CHRISTIE
ROGIC
ELYOUNOUSSI
GRIFFITHS
AJETI
KLIMALA
EDOUARD
BOLINGOLI
NITCHAM
SHVED

none of the above players should EVER pull on the hoops again, they have stated a wish to move away, or are out on loan, or are here on loan or are out of contract at the end of the season, that’s 16 players on that list, almost ALL the 1st team squad
There is NOTHING to be learned by playing any of those players in the last 4 games, start with the core of the team that are going to be here next season, give the young boys a run in the team let’s see what they can do....

Think they ll be announcing the manager or a few new faces this week. Big jobs starts noo, but lets no pretend they re some kinda juggernaut. This shambles of a team were guilty of blowing enough one on ones to win that game today.

BARKAS
DUFFY
KENNY
AJER
LAXALT
BROWN
CHRISTIE
ROGIC
ELYOUNOUSSI
GRIFFITHS
AJETI
KLIMALA
EDOUARD
BOLINGOLI
NITCHAM
SHVED

none of the above players should EVER pull on the hoops again, they have stated a wish to move away, or are out on loan, or are here on loan or are out of contract at the end of the season, that’s 16 players on that list, almost ALL the 1st team squad
There is NOTHING to be learned by playing any of those players in the last 4 games, start with the core of the team that are going to be here next season, give the young boys a run in the team let’s see what they can do....
Your list BB just highlights the mess that has been created and may also take a bit of time to sort out also.
Ajeti and Barkas stand to be our biggest problem as they both still have 3 years left on a contract that I wouldn't say anyone would match or better, so would cost a lot of money to us to be able to get rid and that applies to a few others also.
Dom mckay has a huge job on his hands to repair the damage that has been created and just hoping either the new manager or/and a DOF are on hand as quickly as possible to sort this mess out.
I hope time is now called on all the loan signings as no point having them in the building including Ely as far to inconsistent for my liking.
Bain is still not good enough to be our keeper either, so give hazard a run now.
All wanting a new manager in the door but think many will have to go before any announcements are made on that front imo.
Get PL traitor out of the building now before the Bastard can cause any further damage to our club ASAP.
The spotlight is upon the decision makers like never before after this total shambles of a season and for all of there sakes they better start making some right decisions now instead of keep taking us as eegits like they have done this season.
We are not hun bastards and will never be treated like them soap doggers either.

Your list BB just highlights the mess that has been created and may also take a bit of time to sort out also.
Ajeti and Barkas stand to be our biggest problem as they both still have 3 years left on a contract that I wouldn't say anyone would match or better, so would cost a lot of money to us to be able to get rid and that applies to a few others also.
Dom mckay has a huge job on his hands to repair the damage that has been created and just hoping either the new manager or/and a DOF are on hand as quickly as possible to sort this mess out.
I hope time is now called on all the loan signings as no point having them in the building including Ely as far to inconsistent for my liking.
Bain is still not good enough to be our keeper either, so give hazard a run now.
All wanting a new manager in the door but think many will have to go before any announcements are made on that front imo.
Get PL traitor out of the building now before the Bastard can cause any further damage to our club ASAP.
The spotlight is upon the decision makers like never before after this total shambles of a season and for all of there sakes they better start making some right decisions now instead of keep taking us as eegits like they have done this season.
We are not hun bastards and will never be treated like them soap doggers either.
The 2 players you named John, as you say both have 3 yrs on contracts, as for Barkas, there is still the possibility that he is a decent keeper and could maybe be our No1, personally has he been the biggest problem in our defence? I would suggest that his arrival was screwed up by the covid situation, he's in a new country with no chance to settle in he can't even visit a Greek restaurant so he's on his own stranded without any support network. As a keeper he's well thought of by his national mgr and has a decent record, so has he been given the best opportunity to perform? I don't know but if we could get him performing that would help. The same could be said for Ajeti, if we just discard them then that's 10 millions down the drain, so perhaps with a proper coach this could be an option, nothing ventured nothing gained. Just a thought HH.

I think the way the Celtic board are treating the fans is a disgrace. The only time you hear from is when the season tickets are due. Surely somebody could have came out and said something to the supporters. We’ve not had a manager since February. We are nearly into May and the silence has been deafening. Surely, they’ll start getting things done this week.

BARKAS
DUFFY
KENNY
AJER
LAXALT
BROWN
CHRISTIE
ROGIC
ELYOUNOUSSI
GRIFFITHS
AJETI
KLIMALA
EDOUARD
BOLINGOLI
NITCHAM
SHVED

I really can’t disagree with that list.
For me I would take Ayer out of that list by giving him a a contract that included a share of the transfer fee and have him for the next three years then he goes. He is the only one I would fight to keep
HH

In goal, in defence, in midfield, in attack.
In more than 20 years watching Celtic, I've never seen a team that had such obvious weakness in every area at same time.

As you say, this is much more concerning than needing 2 or 3 players now.
Lawell has somehow! managed to oversee the dismantling of the Celtic team and the destruction of funds to comfortably sort it .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back