NHL Hockey and interesting documentaries on youtube

DILLIGAF

Don't know if you get to watch any NHL hockey, but if you like the physical aspect of the game, there's tons of hockey fights, on youtube
It's a fast game and these guys are tough, they even get stitched up sitting on the bench at times
Interesting documentaries on some, who became addicted to painkillers, due to the toll, the game took on their bodies, some made it back, some never did
Some of the names of note, who 'brung it' and are featured on youtube:
Ryan Reaves (currently, plays for Las Vegas Golden Knights)
Deryk Engelland (Las Vegas Golden Knights)
MIlan Lucic (Boston Bruins/Edmonton Oilers and now, plays for Calgary Flames)
Tie Domi (New York Rangers/Toronto Maple Leafs)
Dave Semenko (Edmonton Oilers)
Dave Brown (Philadelphia Flyers/Edmonton Oilers)
Tony Twist (St. Luis Blues)
Gino Odjick (Vancouver Canucks)
Brian McGratton (Calgary Flames, also played in the UK)
Marty McSorley (Edmonton/LA Kings/Boston Bruins)
Dave 'The Hammer' Schulz (Philadelphia Flyers, from the 70's)
One of my personal favourites, Wendell Clark (Tornoto Maple Leafs)He was one of the toughest to eer strp on a pair of skates, he stood up for his team mates and could he 'throw down'
Also, some interesting documentaries on some former NHL players, who were at the top and hit rock bottm, some manage to get clean and are back in the game, helpng others
Some never make it back and those are the incredibly sad stories
Some of the guys they have made documentaries about are:
Derek Boogard - NHL Heavyweight champ, took his own life)
John Kordic (Montreal Canadians/Tornto Maple Leafs) took his own life
Kevin Stevens - NHL Stanley Cup winner, fell on hard times, but is back in the game
Chris 'knuckles' Nilan - former NHL enforcer and a real character
Matt Johnson (Played for the LA Kings, a feared fighter who ended up addicted to pain killers & ended up homeless in Los Angeles)
And Joe Murphy - 1st round draft coice of Detroit Red Wings, Stanley cup winner and now lives on the streets with his demons, in Ontario, Canada
HH

I used to to watch Dundee Rockets in the 80s cos my girlfriend at the time love skating and hockey. Rockets were the top team in the country at that time. Fife Flyers and Murrayfield Racers were top teams too. The atmosphere generated in the old Dundee Ice Rink was great esp v Fife or Murrayfield. Good times. The Scottish teams would have two or three former NHL players who were coming to the end of their careers. Gary Unger at age 38 was a top player by UK standards.
Still on Ice-Hockey I saw that former Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech has signed for Guildford Phoenix as a goal keeper. He made a match winning save in a penalty shoot out in his first game.

Don't know if you get to watch any NHL hockey, but if you like the physical aspect of the game, there's tons of hockey fights, on youtube
It's a fast game and these guys are tough, they even get stitched up sitting on the bench at times
Interesting documentaries on some, who became addicted to painkillers, due to the toll, the game took on their bodies, some made it back, some never did
Some of the names of note, who 'brung it' and are featured on youtube:
Ryan Reaves (currently, plays for Las Vegas Golden Knights)
Deryk Engelland (Las Vegas Golden Knights)
MIlan Lucic (Boston Bruins/Edmonton Oilers and now, plays for Calgary Flames)
Tie Domi (New York Rangers/Toronto Maple Leafs)
Dave Semenko (Edmonton Oilers)
Dave Brown (Philadelphia Flyers/Edmonton Oilers)
Tony Twist (St. Luis Blues)
Gino Odjick (Vancouver Canucks)
Brian McGratton (Calgary Flames, also played in the UK)
Marty McSorley (Edmonton/LA Kings/Boston Bruins)
Dave 'The Hammer' Schulz (Philadelphia Flyers, from the 70's)
One of my personal favourites, Wendell Clark (Tornoto Maple Leafs)He was one of the toughest to eer strp on a pair of skates, he stood up for his team mates and could he 'throw down'
Also, some interesting documentaries on some former NHL players, who were at the top and hit rock bottm, some manage to get clean and are back in the game, helpng others
Some never make it back and those are the incredibly sad stories
Some of the guys they have made documentaries about are:
Derek Boogard - NHL Heavyweight champ, took his own life)
John Kordic (Montreal Canadians/Tornto Maple Leafs) took his own life
Kevin Stevens - NHL Stanley Cup winner, fell on hard times, but is back in the game
Chris 'knuckles' Nilan - former NHL enforcer and a real character
Matt Johnson (Played for the LA Kings, a feared fighter who ended up addicted to pain killers & ended up homeless in Los Angeles)
And Joe Murphy - 1st round draft coice of Detroit Red Wings, Stanley cup winner and now lives on the streets with his demons, in Ontario, Canada
HH
Got a cousin from Aurora ,Ontario👍

I used to to watch Dundee Rockets in the 80s cos my girlfriend at the time love skating and hockey. Rockets were the top team in the country at that time. Fife Flyers and Murrayfield Racers were top teams too. The atmosphere generated in the old Dundee Ice Rink was great esp v Fife or Murrayfield. Good times. The Scottish teams would have two or three former NHL players who were coming to the end of their careers. Gary Unger at age 38 was a top player by UK standards.
Still on Ice-Hockey I saw that former Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech has signed for Guildford Phoenix as a goal keeper. He made a match winning save in a penalty shoot out in his first game.
Not a bad game to watch ,mind my old man took me to watch the Paisley Pirates years ago 😀

Members online

Latest posts

Back